on 29 April 2014
'Mystery at Shark Lake' was previously released on VHS in the UK as 'Tintin and the Lake of Sharks' and as a beloved film of childhood I purchased it again. It seems to come packaged with the somewhat awful editions of 'The Calculus Affair/Prisoners of the Sun' which are NOT associated with the TV series that is more familiar to most viewers. All three are very, very basic VHS to DVD transfers without any kind of digital cleaning and tidying.

'Mystery at Shark Lake' however, in my opinion makes this a worthwhile buy. It's the only original Tintin story besides those in the albums (well, if you don't count the live action 'Golden Fleece' and 'Blue Oranges' films) and stands up alongside the canon in terms of plot and incident, albeit not with the most high class animation known to man. Rastapopulous, Bianca Castafiore and Professor Calculus, the Thompsons and of course Tintin, Haddock and Snowy all show up, and there's a Bond-esque plot involving stolen art and underwater lairs. I still enjoy re-watching it as much as re-reading my albums.
on 28 March 2014
These are great fun and the boys (4 &7) love them, but they are not in French contrary to the description. This is a pain in our bilingual household. I would not have bought this version had I known.
on 5 July 2014
Its very entertaining ,very well done.
on 17 October 2014
The product details states "Language: French" and "Dubbed: English". It is NOT TRUE, as the DVD can ONLY be listen in Englsh. Very disappointed, as I bough the Item to my children becuase they are learning French. Even in my Order I can not contact Amazon to complain about the poor accurate information inside the Product Details. As commented very frustrated, I hope Amazon contact me with a solution as it is his fault. The worst is that even return the product is not the solution, I want the DVDs as specified, be able to be listen in French. Could Amazon get the DVDs as advise?
on 20 March 2015
Great buy! The grandsons love it and so do the grandparents!!
on 28 January 2016
Adult or child will love the madcap adventures !
on 30 December 2015