5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen
I received this at the weekend, and it's amazing, the colours are so vibrant. It's not as big as I first thought it was going to be, but that is mainly down to the lack of height on the monitor. which it makes up with the width.

Published 4 months ago by uggy

1.0 out of 5 stars No UK plug...?!
When I buy anything in the UK from a UK retailer I expect to be able to plug it in. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

This came with a European plug ONLY.

Terrible Amazon. Pay more tax and give me a UK plug on my electricals.
Published 4 months ago by Michael Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Asus MX299Q 29 inch Widescreen AH-IPS LED Multimedia Monitor (2560x1080, 5ms, DVI, DP, HDMI, Full Panoramic Visual and Audio, Asus SonicMaster Technology) (Accessory)

Regarding the UK plug, I was under a similar impression as the reviewer below. When you first open up the package bundled with the rest of the cables (which there are a lot) is a European plug, however when I took off the first layer of packaging next to the monitor was a UK plug.

I am looking to get another one next month.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful, 2 April 2014
I really love this monitor. I am surprised that one customer reported that it does not come with a UK plug, this is wrong, it does. When you open the bag of leads I agree that a UK plug is not amongst the plethora of cables but if you delve deeper into the box you will eventually find a UK lead/plug wrapped separately. This monitor works beautifully with Lightroom, Perfect Suite and Topaz Labs which makes editing photographs a dream. Although I don't do any Video editing myself I have tested this monitor with various video editing suites and they all work perfectly. I have tried this monitor with various MMORPG games and once again they all work with panache. Oh, and if you are into DVDs then I would suggest watching them using "TotalMedia Theatre 6" software which can handle ultra wide monitors far better than any other program I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible for films and games, 18 May 2014
Movies are amazing on this, fully immersive without the black lines top and bottom. It would be like watching a film on a 35' tv ((roughly) which has aspect of 16:9).

As for gaming its also really good, gives you more of a surround feeling without having multiple monitors and bezels. Please note not all games support this but the ones that don't can be fixed with third party software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best monitor I have ever had so far and even ..., 26 July 2014
Best monitor I have ever had so far and even better I don't need to hook up any speakers to it, the sound quality is very impressive.

The resolution is excellent for a 29" ultra wide monitor, basically its 2 monitors in one, I have heard there is a 34" version coming soon but I personally would not go for it as it will be to wide.

I love this monitor so much I had to buy a second monitor and have gone for the 23" version as I still like to have 2 monitors.

Recommended this to anyone, it's well worth it and doesn't matter which size its is. it's an excellent model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 May 2014
The 21:9 takes a bit of getting used to but once the learning period is over this is a first class monitor.
Eagerly awaiting something bigger.....!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Tweet Deck, 29 July 2014
Lovely wide monitor, perfect for what i use it for which is tweetdeck.

Lets you get a couple of extra columns across than a normal monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars No UK plug...?!, 31 Mar 2014

This came with a European plug ONLY.

Terrible Amazon. Pay more tax and give me a UK plug on my electricals.