4.0 out of 5 stars Works with iCloud and Gmail
Published 13 months ago by Wild Bill

1.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Outlook 2013
The program works well, but its price is much too high and the Microsoft rules for its use are ridiculous.

I am a lone home user and if I want to use this program on both my desktop and laptop I have to buy two copies - I did not realise this until I tried to register the program after purchase.

The price for use by one person on two machines is...
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with iCloud and Gmail, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Outlook 2013 (1PC/1User) [Download] (Software Download)
I bought this with some trepidation yesterday after the reviews on this site. I have two Gmail accounts a pop account and calendar/tasks on iCloud and was finding outlook 2007 a bit clunky. The install failed due to some 64-32 bit problem, so I had to uninstall outlook 2007 first (scary). Outlook 2013 then made a fair old mess of inheriting my old pst files. So I deleted the old pst files and followed the instructions on Google help to integrate Gmail and they worked apart from the very long time to sync my existing Gmail accounts from fresh. I had to change the setting to only sync the last months worth. Even after that it still took an hour or so. I also uninstalled and re-installed the iCloud panel on my PC and that syncs fine. Just need to do the pop3 account now.

User interface in outlook 2013 is an improvement on 2007, less complicated but what I need is still there. Since I use outlook everyday, its probably worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Outlook 2013, 25 Sep 2013

The price for use by one person on two machines is therefore about £200 - for a program that handles emails, diary, contacts etc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly poor, 14 Sep 2013
Microsoft have removed some essential features in this version of Outlook which has rendered the product completely void. Messages which are sent/drafted/deleted on Outlook cannot be stored in sent/draft/deleted folders on the server. Instead they stay on your machine in Outlook's own sent/draft/trash folders, meaning that you won't be able to see them on your mobile device or when you're away from your computer. This represents a MAJOR step backwards in e-mail management and is entirely impractical for the modern age. Buyer beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEVER AGAIN!! Buy a CD whatever it costs!!, 14 Oct 2013
Impossible to set up without a 45 minute call to MS Support. Unless you have fast Broadband this will be very difficult to establish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad..., 22 April 2013
I bought this with some nervousness having read the reviews. They are all very critical. To my surprise, I have found Outlook 2013 quite nice to set up and use. It sits in Office 2007 (under Windows 7) and I turned off Outlook 2007 before downloading and installing Outlook 2013. Downloading and installing were pretty painless. Outlook 2013 automatically loaded my previous settings and my pst file. I have been able to get an appearance I am happy with too - using the dark grey theme and removing grouping and other cluttering settings. No problems.

A small thing I like is that I can now see the bolded dates in my calendar when I have appointments - I found bolded dates in Outlook 2007 very difficult to make out - they are not bold enough, and this is irritating when you are looking for an appointment you have entered a few months in the future. Not so good is that MS still has not made it possible to show key dates from a number of months written out on the right of the mail window so you can see at a glance dates from the next few weeks or months if you want to. Generally, the settings seem to work the same as those of Outlook 2007.

So, against my expectation, no strong complaints. Is it worth buying? - who knows.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was a faff to download, 21 Dec 2013
Mr. J. Davies (UK) - See all my reviews
I wouldn't choose this route for a download! Microsoft insisted I had an account before the download, then once I had the account the system went down so that I was stuck in a catch 22 going round in circles before being able to download the following day.

Would I buy this again - NO

1.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft should be ashamed!, 8 Jan 2014
Ludwik E. Allerhand (London) - See all my reviews
Others have commented on the problems with the IMAP protocol, freezes, etc. and all I want say is that Microsoft should be ashamed of itself for producing this rubbish!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than Windows Mail, 10 Jun 2013
This product, at not inconsiderable expense, allows me to send emails to group recipients/ copy people in /create separate folders for emails with ease. Windows mail in Windows 8 by comparison was a nightmare !! So from my point of view it was money well spent. However it has lots of no doubt wonderful features which I have no intention of using ! Microsoft need to improve their email client in Windows 8 - this just seems to be a way of parting people from their hard-earned income !

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with stability, 29 July 2014
I got the 32 bit version of this to go with my 32 bit office, but what wasn't clear from the download site is that this doesn't play too well with Office Home & Student 2010. It sometimes gives a warning on startup that it is not the default email client (though I've set this through all methods recommended by Microsoft). If you try to email from word or excel, it crashes. If you try to import from a comma separated file it crashes. In order to import my contacts I had to convert my CSV file into VCARD then use a 3rd party tool to import that (because Outlook will only import one VCARD contact at a time). On the whole I think this is a downgrade from Thunderbird, particular when you compare the price. Maybe upgrading the rest of Office to 2013 might fix the stability problems, but I'm not inclined to experiment with this. On the other hand, my partner, who instigated this process is happy as larry with the end result.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly poor, 14 Sep 2013