5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless Singer Songwriting
For 25 years since Del Amitri hit the British consciousness with their breakthrough album "Waking Hours" that spawned the hit single 'Nothing Ever Happens' Justin Currie has been universally acclaimed within the music industry as one of the finest singer songwriters of his generation. Despite that album selling over a million copies in the UK alone it has nevertheless...
Published 11 months ago by Leslie Crowthercounts

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it and so will many of you
This is Justin Currie's 3rd solo album and and although I do not love it as much as the prior two (his first, "What Is Love For" is for me, simply the best album ever made), it is another fine example that once again shows he is a master.

His lyrics are brilliant, as is his voice. I read something that likened his voice to Franks Sinatra, but a more accurate...
Published 11 months ago by mcat

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin currie...nuff said., 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
As a songwriter I can honestly say that Justin always gives me inspiration,...and not many do. This Album had some favourites right away.....but As with a lot of Justins work I found myself loving more the ones I had paid less attention to at first. Just in writes proper songs....Songs that involve you ...your thought processes and emotions. My favourite songwriter by far.....other than myself ;)..lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous voice, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
great to hear those dulcit tones of ex Del-Amitri again. Saw Justin in concert recently and just loooved him, sang all the old songs as well as some of these. Not sure of the high notes thou..!

5.0 out of 5 stars justin my hero, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
Priscilla,and bend to my will are pure justin classics and should easily top charts,the non commercial charts,I admire greatly this mans genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Serving of Currie, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
This, the third solo outing for Justin Currie, is once again, a triumph!
It is somewhat stripped back compared to his previous outings (no strings to be heard here, I'm afraid) but, this is by no means a bad thing.

I could rattle on about each individual track and bore you ad nauseam but, I'll spare you that and simply say; the tracks 'Into a Pearl' and 'Falsetto' are reason enough to purchase this gem of an album.
What are you waiting for? Press, add to basket.

4.0 out of 5 stars great song writer!, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
just a big fan and always look forward to new songs form Mr Currie, his songs are the best! Love the stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and beautiful, 18 Sep 2013
E. Crorie "e2" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
Justin has come up with another brilliant album. Beautiful melodies. Great tunes. Melancholy lyrics. He was brilliant on tour. Looking forward to the Del Amitri gigs next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars typical JC brilliance, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
he is the best! beautiful, soothing, entertaining, my hereo! another masterpiece in a long list of justin currie genius! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Sep 2013
Kraig Scott Weiss (Parkland, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
Fantastic songwriting. Although short, I think the selection of songs are perfect to nail down the feel of the Album without that bloated feeling. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to his best, 12 Sep 2013
R. WIGHT - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lower Reaches (MP3 Download)
Really surprised with this album ,been a big Dels fan but alway thought Justin's solo stuff was a bit on the depressing, but I thought for a fiver ,what the hell !! And this hasn't been off my iphone since !

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lower Reaches (Audio CD)
This is the first time I have ever submitted a review but I just felt that I had to for this album. It might be short, time wise, but in my view it is stunning piece of work. It has been on in my car and at home non stop for the last week and a half and it keeps growing on me with every listen. It is both instanntly accessible but complex enough to reward repeated plays. The lyrics are brilliant,as always, and Justin's voice is probably better than ever and that is saying something!! The standout track for me is Little Stars. If you hear a more heart rending, beautiful song, sung with such passion this year then buy that as well and let me know what it is called. I was lucky enough to catch Justin live on the first night of his tour in Wolves. The new songs came across brilliantly and he played just about everything you'd want to haer from his solo and the Dels back catalogue - catch him if you can - it will be the best 20 quid you have spent in a long time.

Lower Reaches