5.0 out of 5 stars Cables do really matter
Ordered this product as i needed to connect my laptop up to a projector for a presentation. The cable arrived promptly the following day in appropriately sealed packaging. I tested it straight away and it worked without any glitches.
Good, clear quality video.
Published on 24 May 2012 by K2

2.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted 6 months
I purchased this cable in December 2013 having read some of the reviews. For 6 months the cable has worked fine providing an excellent dual screen capability. However, recently the signal output to the VGA monitor has been intermittent, which a gentle ‘wiggle’ usually resolved a connection. The connection continued to be intermittent until finally packing up...
Published 8 months ago by Hippalus

5.0 out of 5 stars Cables do really matter, 24 May 2012
Good, clear quality video.
Went for the 6' cable as i wanted the freedom of operating my laptop away from the projector and it means that i don't have a small female VGA box taking up space next to my laptop.
Looks like the cable is made from good quality materials and feels relatively well put together so i am sure it will last for some years to come.
Would highly recommend this product.
Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars One lower quality than the other., 2 Jan. 2014
I ordered 2 of these cable to connect my computer to two monitors and they worked perfectly but I didn't order them at the same time and got two different cables. One was significantly higher quality than the other one, down to the MiniDP connector, the cable felt lower quality, the VGA connector was made of a really low quality plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, for a few months, 12 May 2014
I've tried a few different brands of Thunderbolt->VGA adapters, and they all seem to have a flaw where they'll break after a few months of usage. I would consider my usage as being easier on them than a lot of people. I plug them in and leave them there for a few months. After then the signal stops working properly, and a few weeks after that, there's no signal at all. It'd probably be cheaper in the long run to get an official adapter from Apple, rather than keep replacing these.

EDIT:
I've since received a free replacement, and it's been working so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 30 Jan. 2014
Plug and play on Dell XPS. Good product. Looks like decent build quality. What more can I say about this product?

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the same as the Apple one, but far far cheaper, 17 Jan. 2013
I bought this product as I had a presentation to deliver, and had lost my original one, which was an Apple one that sells for about £22 or there abouts.

Before this one could arrive in the post, I found my old one, and comparing the Apple one to this one, I cannot see why anybody would go for the pricier option. They look, feel and operate the same.

I wish I could say more, but thats it. Don't waste your money on an Apple one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reuse of old VGA screen with Macbook Air..., 18 Oct. 2012
The new 11" macbook air is great, but at home some more screen real estate is useful.

I bought this to connect to a 24" VGA Samsung LCD, previously connected with the old thick VGA connector and the expensive Apple VGA dongle.

This is much better, a nice slim cable that plugs into the displayport and connects to the VGA port on the monitor. No problems setting up the screen in OSX, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, 18 Oct. 2012
Mr. A. J. Fairley "fairleee" (Tonbridge) - See all my reviews
I bought this to connect my 2011 MacBook Air (running Mountain Lion) to my Samsung LCD TV. Cable is easy to use (just pop it in the Thunderbolt port to the VGA port in your TV). My MacBook automatically detected the TV and was able to start using it straight away - the TV is automatically aligned as a right hand screen so you just need to drag applications and wIndows across to the right on your MacBook for them to display. The display was crisp and high quality with no noticeable distortion or loss of resolution. The cable seems sturdy and well made, and two meters is a generous length for most needs. A great way to view pictures, videos, or even play games on a bigger screen!

5.0 out of 5 stars DisplayPort to VGA adaptor, 19 Sept. 2012
Just replaced a Mac Mini with a new one that doesn't have a VGA port. I didn't want to change the monitor but it is VGA only. So looked around for a solution and found this product. The price was reasonable especially when you compare it to Apple's products. When I did the swap out, just plugged the lead in at both ends and it all worked first time. Really like the fact that this is a lead rather than just an adaptor that also would need a separate lead as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Apple Mini, 30 Jan. 2014
This was a low cost solution for hooking up my Apple Mini to an old monitor, it worked first time of asking with no problems encountered either in the set up or subsequent use. I would strongly recommend the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says., 13 Oct. 2013
What else can I say. I bought this for my MacBook Pro 2009 the screen broke with my cat pushed it off the table and now use this adapter to connect an external VGA monitor to the computer and it works fine. The reason it's not five stars is because one of the screws doesn't quite meet the things they only screws in on one side