on 25 July 2013
This arrived earlier than the quoted delivery date ( Thanks Amazon!) and was immediately commissioned into service!
It was well packaged and surprisingly sturdy, the non stick coating is a dream.
The negative points being that the box states that it makes 14 cake pops ,,,,,,,no it does not......it makes 12, Maybe I'm paranoid, but it did make me question the validity of the product I had just purchased,
Secondly, the instruction book also refers to 14 cake pops and gives 2 recipes, one that requires 60/60/40 and 1 egg (that's printed on the inside cover. The recipe within the instruction book requires 100/100/100 and 2 eggs. ( I halved this and still got 12 cake pops)
The instruction book also refers to the "included removing fork" , not in this set there isn't
My greatest concern is that the appliance gets incredibly hot (hardly surprising!) The instruction manual does tell you to "always hold the handle when opening or closing the lid" My suggestion would be to use an oven cloth over your hands, it is really hot!
I thought that the short power cord was a nuisance, but on reflection, maybe if one was using this appliance anywhere near small children, it may be an advantage as it would ensure that the appliance was tucked well out of the reach of small hands.
on 27 February 2014
Well I couldn't believe it! This machine makes perfect little balls of sponge cake! However, decorating proves a little more difficult than I first anticipated! Make plenty of chocolate for dipping, in a deep jug, icing is ridiculous! Before you put a stick in the cake pop, dip it in melted chocolate, stick it in the cake pop and refrigerate for a further 10 mins, this will set the stick in the cake pop and allow easier dipping! Trust me!
on 29 September 2013
This little device makes 12 cake pops, not 14 like the box says. It is really good, and simple to use. It was a gift for a 14 yr old, who loves it.
The cake pops taste good too!!!
on 10 October 2013
Very easy to use and made yummy little cake balls that were so delicious when covered in chocolate. Evenly cooked although I did turn the after 4 minutes and cooked for a further 3 minutes. Used 2 oz flour, 2 oz caster sugar, 2 oz stork and 1 egg. Piped the mixture into the moulds until about three quarters full. Fabulous!
on 6 February 2014
I have bought this as a present for my granddaughter, it appears to be just what she wanted.
The price was good, and delivery excellent.
on 23 May 2014
Great little machine. I've previously
Sse cake pops the old fashioned way. Making a cake crumbling it mixing in frosting. Rolling into balls freezing & dipping into candy melt. A long process!
I made 50 cakepops start to finish in 2 hours. It's so easy, & a brilliant price.
The little stand is so handy. I'm delighted.
on 24 February 2014
I was pleased how well this works and company sent me a manual after I complained but it wasn't for the same model and there were no recipe cards. You need to find some cake pop baking recipes online,,, I have had success with this machine and it cooks quickly and evenly!!
on 29 October 2013
My item arrived today and to be honest I was slightly disappointed. The cake pop machine is fantastic but the recipe book and sticks were missing.
on 11 January 2014
Made lovely cake pops first time round. Recommend using cake release spray. Tasted like a cross between fairy cakes and waffles. Highly recommended!!!!
on 19 January 2014
brilliant piece of equipment. saves me putting the oven on. grandchildren love it as I can russell up popcakes so quickly.