5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Once Loaded
Bitdefender Total Security is a very good product but be warned, previously installed internet security from other suppliers can prevent the product from loading properly. Bitdefender support is excellent and they have some free software on their website to uninstall the previous software (The standard Windows Uninstaller doesn't always do the job with some software). I...
Published 18 months ago by AlanJohnPhoto

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time ........
I installed this on my laptop with no issues, but I was unhappy so I have uninstalled it and got a refund. I found that the software stops frames being shown. For example, on an ebay listing for a cd, I couldnt see any of the tracks as this box was replaced by a message saying bitdefender had blocked it. This was clearly not a dodgy website, so I figured the product...
Published 8 months ago by clockwork orange

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars After installing the product the desktop widget reports that BitDefender ..., 2 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) (CD-ROM)
After installing the product the desktop widget reports that BitDefender services have stopped responding and to reboot, seemingly after having played World of Tanks for any amount of time. BD support at first told me that it was because MS Live family security was installed (not running mind) and to first uninstall it. This did not fix it, so I'm asked to reinstall the product from scratch, which I have previously already done.
So far it been about a month and it still doesn't work properly. I'll see if they can come up with a fix but at this rate it will be back to Kaspersky.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 8.1, 18 Jan. 2014
J. Hartog (Europe) - See all my reviews
Bought this following the good reviews by those in the know.
But Bitdefender Total Security 2014 caused me and my computer major problems.
After a simple programmed scan it went into Rescue Mode and there was no way out of this loop. The only way would have been a System Recovery bringing the system back to Factory default!
Bitdefender Technical Support were either overstretched or lacking in staff. It is wholly unacceptable to have to wait 13 days, yes THIRTEEN DAYS, before a techie starts giving you suggestions. Then after various messages and help from a friend I could gain access to my computer but at every reboot I had to use the temporary fix to get into Windows through some backdoor.
Only a slight admission was forthcoming together with an extension to my subscription.
I fully removed this program (ENSURE YOU USE THE BITDEFENDER UNINSTALLATION TOOL AFTER REMOVING PROGRAM!) and went back to F-Secure, bliss!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good security software., 4 Aug. 2014
had another well know brand, which cause me trouble every time I started my computer I had to wait five minutes.
while it loaded up new updates.
this security software, I can recommend, easy to use, and very easy to program into the computer, I'm no expert but found it no problem,its has an auto pilot which does everything for you, so you don't have to fiddle about. the only problem is the manual, which is huge ,so down loaded it ,will try to go through it all , when needed.

1.0 out of 5 stars To be avoided, 27 Mar. 2014
Tried this on one machine and found the user interface cumbersome and unhelpful but it seemed to work..

Then put the product on a bigger PC and the result was a disaster, ending in the machine collapsing in rapid BSODs, fortunately, being dubious there was a good restore available from before this product went on the machine so we went back to that. No more BSODs and the machine is back to normal. As an aside it had also wiped 500G off one of the less important discs, just like that.

Not only would I not recommend this product to anyone with a larger machine, I don't thing much of the people who recommended it to me - including Amazon

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not install if you have Asus Suite III installed!!, 2 Jan. 2014
This product has not been able to install on my PC, which has Asus Suite III installed on it. a quick google search indicates this issue has been ongoing for several years now and the issue has gone unresolved. so for anyone who has an asus motherboard, don't buy this, because the asus suite III has a lot of very useful features which you don't want to have to disable. also just to let you know if you were to uninstall asus suite III and then install bitdefender and then re-install asus suite III, bitdefender will crash whenever it tries to scan your system, you have been warned!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Total Security, 1 July 2014
Does everything without getting in my way or slowing down my laptop . Easy to install and use .Great buy

1.0 out of 5 stars nothing but agrivation!!!!!!!, 18 Jan. 2014
I installed bit defender a week ago and have had nothing but trouble.firstly the computer is taking ages to start. Secondly it has caused the
computer to freeze especialy in e mail.Thirdly when it goes into safe pay mode its taking far to long and is cumbersome to use.
For the last five years i have been using kapersky and whilst it does slow the computer down a bit its livable with,and its fit and forget wich suits me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing one click optimizer tool, 28 Aug. 2014
Top rated anti-virus software with a very good set of functions. Easy to use and with a light footprint.
The product assistance was top notch and the 2015 update brings full integration with windows 8 (eg. scaling, menus).
I also much appreciate the one click optimizer tool, which removes more garbage from my pc than any other application.

4.0 out of 5 stars It finds things others don't., 29 Sept. 2014
Russell Johnston (Glasgow, Uk) - See all my reviews
Seems to boot up quite a bit slower than my previous virus checker Bullguard. Saying that it found 11 threats in total that bullguard did not find, so extremely happy about that. I can take my laptop booting up a bit slower knowing I am very safe with this product. Also like the Safepay option for banking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bitdefender 3 up, 1 Sept. 2014
A. P. Raynor "floortester" (Sheringham UK) - See all my reviews
Seems to work well, the security wallet is very useful and has little impact on the PC's load time. I have had only one warning of a problem email address, one has to assume that the software has caught the rest and has protected you. I will only have a definate answer once it has run for 6 months or more.

‹ Previous | 14 5 620 | Next ›

Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) by Bit defender (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)