5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Once Loaded
Bitdefender Total Security is a very good product but be warned, previously installed internet security from other suppliers can prevent the product from loading properly. Bitdefender support is excellent and they have some free software on their website to uninstall the previous software (The standard Windows Uninstaller doesn't always do the job with some software). I...
Published 19 months ago by AlanJohnPhoto

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time ........
I installed this on my laptop with no issues, but I was unhappy so I have uninstalled it and got a refund. I found that the software stops frames being shown. For example, on an ebay listing for a cd, I couldnt see any of the tracks as this box was replaced by a message saying bitdefender had blocked it. This was clearly not a dodgy website, so I figured the product...
Published 9 months ago by clockwork orange

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Too slow, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) (CD-ROM)
I installed the software and then the computer slows down and some web pages cannot be loaded.
I looked on the Bitdefender website which would not let me on to the correct support page and there are loads of comments saying the same thing happens to other user.
Possible solutions but nothing makes the slightest difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only slight reservations, 8 April 2014
Joseph (Rochdale, UK) - See all my reviews
Generally speaking this product sits unobtrusively in the background and I do not know it is there. Slight nuisance when it tries to take over my banking pages but otherwise OK. I will only know how good it is if I remain virus free for the duration of the licence.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought, fought with it, dumped it, 14 July 2014
Mr. C. D. Cummins (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Bought, fought with it, dumped it.

i expect some slight teething problems, that can be sorted.

I could not get google chrome to run. It refused to allow it, though seemed happy with explorer.

After spending a couple of hours fighting with it, I gave up.

And yes, looked at whitelist etc etc.

I shouldn't have this much hassle installing an internet security package.

Can i give negative stars? As I was in a good mood until I came across this, ruined my night

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a good product - being sold through a questionable service., 28 July 2014
Appears to be a good product, but besides the opinion of the antivirus testers and reviews we don't really know do we ?
So we do our homework, look in the internet for advice and finally take the plunge.
I have used it for a year, appears to be ok, other AV programs seem to have picked up issues that BD didn't - or so we are lead to believe....
The only real downpoint & issue that I have is the Avangate selling service - absolutely useless !! and leads to mistrust.
Same issue as another client, with the automatic renewal story... and eventually you find that your Antivirus has been disactivated whilst you are in the blissfull state of mind that every thing has been taken care of by the automatic renewal ?

Besides this, the price being charged for a renewal as a "loyal (or naive) customer", is a whooping double the price that what you can get the product for on the internet..... what a big thank you this is !!

Bottom line - forget Avangate & just go shopping on the net & save yourself a lot of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of software, 16 Jan. 2014
Smorkey (London, England) - See all my reviews
Over the years I've had many anti-virus programs and Internet Suites. This is the best one I've ever owned, and won't consider any other similar software from now on. Not only does it do the usual antivirus things, it notifies me when critical windows updates are required (I've Windows 8.1) and downloads them. When I go onto a banking website it opens a 'secure window' and gives me a virtual keyboard making it safe against any keyboard loggers. You do need a modern computer for it to run seamlessly on. Any computer 3+ years old will struggle with it, but then it will struggle with most modern software. It takes a little while to learn the computer's behaviour, and initially my laptop did run a little slowly on first major scan. Since then everything has run smoothly in the background. I like the way it scans the links on all my google searches, facebook posts and twitter tweets. It endlessly warns me of the dangerous facebook links which I believe are the ads. Buy this software and feel very secure afterwards.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best..., 29 April 2014
Having had norton suite, which by the by was also average, but an absolute B**ch to remove! and NOD 32 by Esset and last year Kaspersky pure3. I thought I'd try this after the good reviews.

Even though it is what it is, and does the antivirus checks etc, I find it frustrating that everyday that I log on either to my PC or Laptop, if I miss a day in between either computer, the Bitdefender notification screen says my computers are not protected, and have to manually update the software and security every time, despite their "autopilot" which is supposed to run and update in the background. This obviously is time consuming, when you need to do stuff.

It's a ball ache at best!

The overall protection I would say is good, as I say, it does what it says on the tin, and to date it has done a reasonable job. It's just the constant updating and finding the windows critical updates on this thing. I think I will either go back to Esset, or trend next time sorry Bitdefender!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 29 Nov. 2013
I have tried a few anti virus programmes with a couple of big names letting me down. This one does it all. And you can see, and know it is working and doing a good job. One of the only ones I know that also gives you a report at the end of each week about what it has done and anything it has found. We all need a good anti virus. And this one is right at the top as far as quality and value is concerned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, 28 May 2014
S. Wardley (Bridlington, UK) - See all my reviews
This is probably a good product in the eyes of the computer world but for the man in the street who knows enough to get by forget it.
I downloaded this product from the internet and you have to accept auto renewal but it advises you to contact them to have this lifted, I've yet to see if this will happen.
Once installed on my laptop it made it totally unusable on the internet, even when I turned off ALL the features I still couldn't use the net, it even took away the means of connection from the start bar at the bottom of my screen, it was just as if ai didn't have any connection software installed.
It's checking everything....... The trouble is when it notifies you of a problem, for which there are many and frequent, you are not given any hint as to what to do for the best, all you get are file paths but you don't know what to do then and you can end up deleting something you end up needing. I even went into control panel to remove some unused software and it flagged up the windows uninstaller as malware and a potential threat, this was the final straw for me and have uninstalled it, they can have the 24 quid it cost me and buy some coffee with it, I now have full use of my laptop which I haven't had for the last few days.
It's just not intuative enough, it blinds you with science in the name of protection, yes I'm sure there is a way of tweaking it to make it work for you but you almost need need a computer science degree to understand what you are doing with it.
It's the same old computer story...... "Are you sure you want to?" Well I don't know, DO I ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Much improved, 3 April 2014
Tried bit defender in 2012 didn't like it and went back to kaspersky.
After seeing a few reviews thought I would try it again and it is much improved.
Found the bank website protection a bit irritating and it keeps asking you to login but easily turned off.
Cleaned my system of some adware that had thwarted kaspersky.
Overall I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Compatible With Windows 8.1, 20 Jan. 2014
Had been experiencing major problems with Norton 360 since the windows 8.1 upgrade. A friend, who runs a computer business, recommended Bitdefender Total Security, so I gave it a try. Absolutely fantastic, easy installation and runs quietly in the background with minimal user input. Had it running for nearly two weeks now without a single hiccup. As stated in some reviews your system need to be completely free of any traces of any other security software prior to installation.
As stated in the title, this has proved to be fully compatible with my windows 8.1 installation.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) by Bit defender (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)