5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Once Loaded
Published 10 months ago by AlanJohnPhoto

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get ripped off!
First, Bitdefender is a very good antivirus product.

Published 4 months ago by J M PROWSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product Once Loaded, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) (CD-ROM)
Bitdefender Total Security is a very good product but be warned, previously installed internet security from other suppliers can prevent the product from loading properly. Bitdefender support is excellent and they have some free software on their website to uninstall the previous software (The standard Windows Uninstaller doesn't always do the job with some software). I would recommend this product despite the loading problems (Which are not Bitdefenders fault).

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get ripped off!, 7 Mar 2014
First, Bitdefender is a very good antivirus product.

HOWEVER, my experience with the company and their agents has not been good. Some time before my license was due to expire, Bitdefender sent me a lot of offers, inviting me to renew early at a discounted price. They were good offers, so I did renew early. However, 7 days before the original license would have expired I received an email from a company called "Digital River", who claimed to be Bitdefenders' agents, saying "when you purchased BitDefender, you accepted an Auto Renewal facility with Digital River on behalf of BitDefender", and that therefore they were going to renew my subscription for another year. I certainly never knowingly accepted an "auto renewal facility"; this is something I would never do. I can only presume that I failed to notice some pre-checked tickbox in an obscure corner of the web form.

As I had already renewed my subscription, directly with Bitdefender, obviously I didn't need a duplicate subscription. Luckily, included in the email from Digital River was a link to a website where, it was stated, I could cancel the Digital River subscription. Naturally, I tried to do that. Having apparently accepted my details, the website directed me to another page, where I was invited to log in again with my email address and password. This failed. I thought I might have got my password wrong, so I asked for my password to be sent to me. I then tried to log in again, using the email address that Digital River had used to communicate with me (the one I had used to buy the original subscription) and the password that had just been sent to me. The response was always the same: "Enter a valid email address"!

I sent an email to Bitdefender's "Help" department, explaining the situation and asking them to cancel the renewal instigated by their agents, but received NO REPLY WHATSOEVER.

From all this it is clear to me that:

- There is no synchronization between the renewal activities of Bitdefender and their agents, Digital River.
- The D.R. "unsubscribe" website is specifically designed to *prevent* you from cancelling your subscription.
- Bitdefender's customer service is useless.

Buy this at your peril!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far....., 21 Jan 2014
Just gone to Bitdefender from Kaspersky and loved the simplicity. Had not realised that Kaspersky had been blocking messages from a program I use until I uninstalled Kaspersky and installed Bitdefender and they started flooding through. Both are good at doing what they say and that is protecting you but as it stands I will give the nod to Bitdefender, well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars a five star product in a 5 star store, 4 Nov 2013
The industry leading security software in a perfect packaging and a good price. A must have.

An easy to use and easy to install stress free tool for online banking and online surfing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 29 Nov 2013
I have tried a few anti virus programmes with a couple of big names letting me down. This one does it all. And you can see, and know it is working and doing a good job. One of the only ones I know that also gives you a report at the end of each week about what it has done and anything it has found. We all need a good anti virus. And this one is right at the top as far as quality and value is concerned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bitdefender purchase., 26 Sep 2013
Mr. Graham M. Hagley (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
The overall package is very good but it does take some time to familiarise yourself with it and trying to understand all the options. It is annoying that the main password prompt keeps appearing on the screen even though it has already been entered.
I like the tune up section but again am still learning how to use all the features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully Compatible With Windows 8.1, 20 Jan 2014
Had been experiencing major problems with Norton 360 since the windows 8.1 upgrade. A friend, who runs a computer business, recommended Bitdefender Total Security, so I gave it a try. Absolutely fantastic, easy installation and runs quietly in the background with minimal user input. Had it running for nearly two weeks now without a single hiccup. As stated in some reviews your system need to be completely free of any traces of any other security software prior to installation.
As stated in the title, this has proved to be fully compatible with my windows 8.1 installation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bitdefender security, 13 Jan 2014
This Computer virus checker seems to tick all my boxes for requirements. It has some good features like having a master password for logging in to protected sites (it remembers your passwords and user names).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product at best price, 15 May 2014
I recently decided to stop using free antivirus software and take my PC Security more seriously.
Some online research quickly indicated that Bitdefender AntiVirus and Internet Security were almost always the highest-scoring in tests and comparison in both speed and reliability as well as the number of virus intercepted and quarantined.
A search for the best price led me to this, by far the cheapest and for a physical product rather than a download, a surprise but not a problem, it was installed less than 24 hours after my research and purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only slight reservations, 8 April 2014
Joseph (Rochdale, UK) - See all my reviews
Generally speaking this product sits unobtrusively in the background and I do not know it is there. Slight nuisance when it tries to take over my banking pages but otherwise OK. I will only know how good it is if I remain virus free for the duration of the licence.

Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
Bitdefender Total Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) by Bit defender (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
16.00