5.0 out of 5 stars Bit Defender Internet Security
It doesn`t have all the bells and whistles of BitDefender Total Sercurity which cost me $79. I like the price and for what it can do, is a bargain. I`ve 92 days left on the original package, but once its done, I`ll install this purchase. I will be missing Device Anti-Theft, Tune Up and Secure On-line storage. To me the important stuff is still on the disk.
Published 22 months ago by alan smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine *IF* it doesn't cause Windows to fail
I had used BitDefender 2013, so by default I looked at the 2014 product when I had to renew my Internet security suite. At the time (November last year) Amazon were selling BD2014 for a cracking price of £16, so I bought it. When my BD2013 subscription ran out I installed the 30-day trial of BD2014 from the BD website, intending to install the retail version when the...
Published 16 months ago by pdrs

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars INTERNET SECURITY ON DISK, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Bitdefender Internet Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) (CD-ROM)
I have used Bitdefender for a couple of years now and have had no problems at all.
The renewal price is always silly and there is always a better deal online, this
is a great product at a great price, will do the same next year only use it in my laptop
so going to ask friends if they want to load it also as 2 more users available, loads very easy and has new elements as well.
good supplier with a very quick dispatch / delivery service and would use again for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one to buy., 5 April 2014
After using two other leading internet security products for many years and had problems with both during this time decided to try Bitdefender and I am very happy I did. Runs in the background with no problems. Updates to not cause conflicts with other installed programs and it is very easy to use. Highly recommended !

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but has problems with some software installs, 24 Jan. 2014
Peter Jackson (Perpignan, France) - See all my reviews
I have been using Bitdefender for around a year, after seeing some very favourable reviews. I had been happy with it until recently, when I have experienced problems with installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and with an update for the Web editing software, Net Object Fusion 12. In the first case Bitdefender would not allow the software installation to complete, even when all protection options were set off. In the second case the update would not install without setting all protection off. It would seem that this AV software has some issues with the installation of some software packages which are not within its approved database. In the circumstances I have uninstalled this software and installed another company's AV software, which has allowed the Adobe package to install without incident. So I have some serious reservations about this software, although its protection capabilities seemed otherwise OK.

2.0 out of 5 stars not sure, 20 Oct. 2013
Bought the item could not get it to insall, or copy to hard drive, had to return it,
So not sure if it's any good or not

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Oct. 2013
easy setup. early days but everything seems to be running fine with no probs. no slowing down or other issues. very pleased so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 27 Oct. 2013
Having read independent testing reviews online Bitdefender sounded like the best product for overall security and ease of use.I ordered the 2014 version for 3 PC's on disc.The program was a nightmare to install but eventually (after several computer crashes and much knashing of teeth) I got it set up.I was then asked to register the license key which is printed on a sticker on the inside of the box.When I did so I was told this was invalid and to Contact Customer Support.The Support website then states that this disc is an 'Evaluation Version'and the cover has expired ! To update it I am then asked to pay again.I have now requested a refund from Amazon and shall be returning to either Webroot or Norton.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bitdefender Internet Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC), 22 Sept. 2014
A. Watts (UK) - See all my reviews
Unobtrusive programme, very good value for money compared to some of the bigger name alternatives. Probably would have stuck with Kaspersky that I've used for several years but Bitdefender was a better deal this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great security product and very light on the system as ..., 6 July 2014
Great security product and very light on the system as it doesn't slow your machine down like Norton or Kaspersky does. I've used Bitdefender for nearly six months now and I reordered this as I was very impressed with it ( I needed more licences for my other machines also) . I would definitely recommend Bitdefender over the other 2 Internet security products just mentioned as I have used Kaspersky and Norton for many years and they haven't changed they are slow compared to bitdefender.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install and simple to use, 30 Aug. 2014
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace McAfee. McAfee were trying to charge an extortionate amount for a product that scores less than this one in most PC magazines. It installed easily, removing McAfee without any hassle, and works without being disruptive. I've read other reviews about difficulty installing and cannot understand their problems. Equally, I was not asked for credit card details or anything to suggest that I will be prompted to renew automatically.

4.0 out of 5 stars This seems a very good IS product - proof is never having a virus ..., 3 Sept. 2014
Mr. John D. Platt "Dave the Web" (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
This seems a very good IS product - proof is never having a virus attack and to-date I've no evidence of having had one, although it has reported a number of possible problems, most of which I thought were false.
I had one problem where Windows Update kept being turned off every time I opened "Spider Solitaire". I reported this to Bitdefender and one of their technical staff spent several weeks investigating and requesting PC information. Eventually another member of their technical staff suggested I turned off the Bitdefender Gaming Mode - this solved the problem!
One of the functions (Safepay) of Bitdefender is to keep you safe when on your bank's web site. In order to do this, it takes over your browser. This requires you to uninstall Rapport Trusteer, as supplied by most banks. It also objects to Acronis True Image Scheduler, which, it said, was interfering with it. I no longer use Safepay.
The Bitdefender Control panel displays the number of days you have left in red!
Also, I've not tested the Bitdefender Wallet or Parental Control functions.
Apart from the above, I would recommend Bitdefender as an excellent Internet Security package, especially at Amazon's price!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Bitdefender Internet Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC)
Bitdefender Internet Security (2014): 3 User - 1 Year (PC) by Bit defender (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)