5.0 out of 5 stars Thourough and unobstrusive.
It runs in the background with no perceptible slowing down of the computer. I find the weekly reports reassuring. Would recommend this product and great value for money.
Published 8 months ago by D. Bath

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get ripped off!
First, Bitdefender is a very good antivirus product.

Published 5 months ago by J M PROWSE

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get ripped off!, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (2014): 1 User - 1 Year (PC) (CD-ROM)
First, Bitdefender is a very good antivirus product.

HOWEVER, my experience with the company and their agents has not been good. Some time before my license was due to expire, Bitdefender sent me a lot of offers, inviting me to renew early at a discounted price. They were good offers, so I did renew early. However, 7 days before the original license would have expired I received an email from a company called "Digital River", who claimed to be Bitdefenders' agents, saying "when you purchased BitDefender, you accepted an Auto Renewal facility with Digital River on behalf of BitDefender", and that therefore they were going to renew my subscription for another year. I certainly never knowingly accepted an "auto renewal facility"; this is something I would never do. I can only presume that I failed to notice some pre-checked tickbox in an obscure corner of the web form.

As I had already renewed my subscription, directly with Bitdefender, obviously I didn't need a duplicate subscription. Luckily, included in the email from Digital River was a link to a website where, it was stated, I could cancel the Digital River subscription. Naturally, I tried to do that. Having apparently accepted my details, the website directed me to another page, where I was invited to log in again with my email address and password. This failed. I thought I might have got my password wrong, so I asked for my password to be sent to me. I then tried to log in again, using the email address that Digital River had used to communicate with me (the one I had used to buy the original subscription) and the password that had just been sent to me. The response was always the same: "Enter a valid email address"!

I sent an email to Bitdefender's "Help" department, explaining the situation and asking them to cancel the renewal instigated by their agents, but received NO REPLY WHATSOEVER.

From all this it is clear to me that:

- There is no synchronization between the renewal activities of Bitdefender and their agents, Digital River.
- The D.R. "unsubscribe" website is specifically designed to *prevent* you from cancelling your subscription.
- Bitdefender's customer service is useless.

Buy this at your peril!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thourough and unobstrusive., 23 Dec 2013
D. Bath (Yorkshire,UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars peace of mind, 21 Feb 2014
This is just what I needed for security on my PC easy to install and very easy to use would buy again

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent antivirus program, 16 Feb 2014
Intially had difficulty loading the software as it would not accept the undeterminable licence key number enclosed with the CD pack. Had to email the UK office of Bitdefender. A member of its staff responded promptly, sorted out the problem and gave me the correct version of the badly printed number/letters. Bitdefender works fine on my computer although it's rather aggressive and can unfortunately block access to some unharmful legitimate sites. I'm still trying to find out how to resolve the problem.
Overall very pleased with this antivirus program. Much cheaper than other makes and versions and it does the job required very well. I bought it after reading various good reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars WELL PLEASED, 23 May 2014
DOES WHAT IT SAYS - WORKS IN THE BACKGROUND AND DOESN'T SEEM TO SLOW THE COMPUTER UP.
HAD A PROBLEM TRYING TO REGISTER PRODUCT. HAD TO QUEERY THE REGISTRATION CODE ON THE CASE
ONE OF THE LETTERS LOOKED LIKE l ( lower case L ) BUT WAS TOLD IT WAS ACTUALLY UPPER CASE i .
REGISTRATION CODES WERE UPPER CASE LETTERS ONLY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Nov 2013
I had McAfee Total Internet Security on my laptop - my subscription still has 6 months to run. Unfortunately, it was letting numerous trojans and ransomware through. I was getting a problem virtually every time I went on the internet. McAfee offered to clean my PC at a cost of over 50. I decided to change my antivirus. My research told me that BitDefender would be the best product. After installing it, I ran a full scan. All of the issues left over by McAfee were detected and removed, which required a reboot. Since then, I have not had a problem. I am notified of any events. Any malware that cannot be removed immediately is removed by a system scan, which I now perform regularly.

I am very satisfied with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitdefender Antivirus, 5 July 2014
David Mee "Dave" (West Midlands U.K) - See all my reviews
Works brilliant on my lap top and easy to set up would for sure use this seller again and renew this next year Thank you

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't install, 17 Jun 2014
Just keep getting messages 'can't install drivers' after requests to reboot the computer. Why does life have to be so difficult. I had Vipre with no problems, why did I change for sake of a few quid!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... computers i will be sure to give this a good look at after i made a mistake, 6 Aug 2014
there are some hard to use packages out there and i have three computers i will be sure to give this a good look at after i made a mistake

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 April 2014
I find this product is ok. It is excellent as a virus checker and system monitor but some of the extras are not really needed. It wants to butt in on too my much of my day to day IT use. Any banking \I like to do for example. Good product but I'll make my own mistakes thanks Mum!!!

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (2014): 1 User - 1 Year (PC)
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (2014): 1 User - 1 Year (PC) by Bit defender (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
6.97