5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful!
I never leave reviews but this is such a stirring unique album, I couldn't not. This woman is amazing.....people compare her to Florence Welch and I understand why, but this vocalist does heartbreakingly sad like Florence could never do (not being mean, it's just true). Very few albums manage to make a tear roll down my face, but this is one of them. It's not all sad and...
Published 9 months ago by kate Macaree

3.0 out of 5 stars I Keep Waiting
Love the voice but like so many of our friends we would love to hear them widen their range of music. Do they have unrealised talent or is this it?
Published 9 months ago by billy whizz46

‹ Previous | 116 17 1875 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly blinding, 5 Mar. 2014
Mr. G. Jones (The metropolis of Llanfair Caereinion, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I was after something new, contemporary and chilled out. This album is fantastic. the melancholic yet powerful depth of the leads voice is entrancing.
The music is really well crafted and different to anything I have heard although I am, I suppose, an old geezer now and a bit out of touch! A fusion of trip hop with hints of eclectic blues and straight female talent engineered originally to create something that is really cutting edge.
The skills this team has are the future for me; just powerful raw talent

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, haunting & unique., 4 Mar. 2014
Jo Lee (Aliso Viejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If You Wait: Deluxe (Audio CD)
This is the first CD I have bought in a very long time. I saw London Grammar on the Graham Norton show a couple of weeks ago, I had never heard of them before. I have to admit that I sometimes FF through the guest singers, not because they're all bad but because I get bored. But as soon as I heard the beginning of the song I was hooked, & so research began & then I just had to have the CD, the Deluxe version no less. I'm so happy I did, although when I tried to download it on iTunes my laptop ate it ! It wouldn't play or eject, so I ended up buying it AGAIN from iTunes. It was worth it, I love listening to it, & it's been a while since l was really excited about a CD. I'm looking forward to their next album. I will admit I think of Sara McLaughlin, & Florence Welch when I'm listening to Hannah Reid, however it's not because she is a soundalike, quite simply they all have beautiful voices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless music, 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait: Deluxe (Audio CD)
This is one of the best albums I bought in recent times. The music is melodic and haunting. I cannot stop playing it and each time I do I like it even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and beautiful, 2 Mar. 2014
Bess_Wheat - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing one song - 'strong'. I just couldn't get it out of my head. The album follows in a similar vein with beautiful lyrics and haunting melodies. Switch off the lights or draw the curtains and chill out to this lovely album.

5.0 out of 5 stars New and outstanding, 2 Mar. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (MP3 Download)
I am an old fella who has listened to music of all types for my whole life and London Grammar have a unique sound that is very polished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album by a brilliant trio, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
Up until a couple of weeks ago, we'd never heard of London Grammar : read an interview with them in ES magazine and that was it - totally hooked. Simple lyrics, matched perfectly with a hauntingly-beautiful voice and emotive music. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jersey Boy, 27 Feb. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing them on TV a couple of weeks ago, and then checking out samples of the rest of the tracks on Amazon. Haunting yet beautiful vocals combined with understated yet accomplished backing. Almost every track is a winner. These guys will be going places if they keep up this level of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best album...., 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I can't praise this band enough - brilliant album which flows beautifully - every track a winner - perfect on ipod, takes you to another world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 25 Feb. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait: Deluxe (Audio CD)
Simply a fantastic CD - Beautifully produced. I can not recomend this album enough. Every track is just a joy to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound - top band, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
This is a great debut album from a very talented band. A fresh sound but with the sort of haunting vocals associated with the very best female musicians.

‹ Previous | 116 17 1875 | Next ›

If You Wait
If You Wait by London Grammar (Audio CD - 2013)