5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality
Published 8 months ago by pauline

2.0 out of 5 stars Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet
I found the case too heavy for me making a big difference to the light weight of the Kindle Device. The device attaches to the case magnetically and I had difficulty sliding up the device to take a photo as I suffer from some arthritis in my wrists.
It is a very well thought out product but just does not work for me.

When I explained my difficulty Amazon...
Published 6 months ago by Mrs Adrienne Atkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 1 Jan 2014
Ok so 59.99 seems rather steep for a tablet case, however I don't think it will disappoint. Minor niggle for me is that it was quite fiddly to work out how to make it stand, but once you've mastered it, all is well. Its genuine leather and magnetic. When closed it puts the kindle to sleep. Since I paid 369 for a 32gb Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 I thought I might as well get a descent case to protect. Overall it is cosmetically pleasing to the eye. A great product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"), Blue (Accessory)
It is a very well thought out product but just does not work for me.

When I explained my difficulty Amazon very kindly accepted the return of the case.
I am very satisfied with the service and support provided by the Amazon Team and cannot praise them enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Origami Kindle case, 21 Dec 2013
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Well made and good looking leather case with integral magnet that puts your Kindle to sleep when closed. Deeply 'hinged' cover that folds to form a stand or for you to hold.
The Kindle fits into the case seamlessly and is held there magnetically, and the case allows you to push the tablet up a couple of inches in order to use the forward facing camera and flash.

So far so good, eh?

Actually, I am less than delighted with it, for a number of reasons;

- It's overpriced

- I am not convinced how secure it is (the folding leather case for the 7" kindle fire HD is much better in my opinion)

- the case forces the (supplied) usb charging connector in at a slight angle, which concerns me

- it is hopelessly insecure standing on a flat surface, and I could not get it to stand at all on my desk at work

- It's not that comfortable to hold and I find I have to hold it with my fingers splayed across the back, which is tiring

- the case is so magnetic that metal objects stick to it, which makes me concerned about it being near credit cards etc

I am now using the much more practical Otterbox cover for my Kindle, and to be honest wish I hadn't laid out 60 for this one - it's OK, but no more than that.

3.0 out of 5 stars Origami Case for Kindle Fire, 20 Jan 2014
I thought it was fine but my wife finds it a bit awkward to make the Kindle stand up and so she tends not to use it and lies the Kindle flat whihc to my mind rather defeats the object !

3.0 out of 5 stars Smart Features but Stupidly Heavy, 30 Dec 2013
S. Porter (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The origami case is an interesting product, it is well constructed and it feels like a lot of care has gone into the design. The back panel hugs the kindle well, and rather than cutouts for the power and volume buttons, the case incorporates its own buttons in the correct place to allow you to interact with the controls. Its a nice touch that the kindle recognises when the cover opens and closes, and that when you slide the kindle upwards in the case to expose the viewfinder and flash, the camera mode launches automatically.

For all these smart design features, and after designing a tablet as superbly lightweight as the Kindle Fire HDX, it seems odd that this proprietary case undoes all that hard work. The case makes the kindle stupidly heavy and uncomfortable to hold, and the origami folds that allow you to prop up the kindle into viewing positions only add to the discomfort as it tends to sag and force your hand to compensate for the lack of stability.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love At First Sight?, 15 July 2014
Avid Reader (Middle England) - See all my reviews
I do love this case but can't give it the full five stars for several reasons....

1. After about a month of use in the last week my kindle has dropped out of it twice! once when I was picking it up to put it away and once when I was picking it up to change it to stand mode. I now no longer feel confident in the seriously strong magnet which is all that's holding my kindle in there.

2. I love the Origami stand but if you want to use it flat, say you're reading where there's no table convenient, if your screen goes off or you need to change your volume, it isn't a comfortable job, the magnet makes it hard to accomplish easily.

3. I use my Kindle every day, and while this cover is great quality (I was seriously pleased with it when it first arrived) I don't feel the spine is going to stand up to long term use, I've only had it about a month and the edges are already looking worn.

4. It is seriously expensive (I got mine off eBay, new & unopened unwanted gift for 15 delivered, If I'd paid 59 for it I'd be seriously GUTTED!)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good cover, 26 Dec 2013
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice cover, the red colour is not as intense as the one pictures on the web site. The magnetic closures are done well and enclose the device well. The stand function does its job nicely. Can muffle the speakers, as well as cover the camera lens, so there are design issues that need sorting out. Overall a nice and effective case that gives reasonable protection from the odd small accident. I must echo other reviewers concerns over price. The price is really quite high.

3.0 out of 5 stars HDX 8.9 Case, 23 Jan 2014
It's OK but I much prefer the solid type of case I bought for the Kindle HD. The ability to create a stand is of no interest to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect case, 26 Dec 2013
MBAXTER "tjohnsons3" (Lancashire England) - See all my reviews
This case is a perfect fit for my wife's new kindle fire hdx. she has an original kindle also with amazons own case and having seen other universal fit cases I would advise to buy these cases which are original and designed for them. The on off buttons work perfectly with the kindle and the origami stand is both ingenious and perfectly functional. The quality is first class and the only niggle I have is the price. However as has been mentioned by another reviewer why buy an expensive luxury item like the kindle fire hdx and put it at risk in a cheap case which spoils its look and makes its functionality more awkward.
My advice is you get what you pay for. This case is beautifully tailored and made to fit. So Go for one, you wont be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but...., 16 Jan 2014
It's well made and a clever design but as the flap bends, as it must, it makes the kindle harder to hold. A rethink perhaps is needed.