on 1 January 2014
Ok so £59.99 seems rather steep for a tablet case, however I don't think it will disappoint. Minor niggle for me is that it was quite fiddly to work out how to make it stand, but once you've mastered it, all is well. Its genuine leather and magnetic. When closed it puts the kindle to sleep. Since I paid £369 for a 32gb Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 I thought I might as well get a descent case to protect. Overall it is cosmetically pleasing to the eye. A great product.
on 12 February 2014
I found the case too heavy for me making a big difference to the light weight of the Kindle Device. The device attaches to the case magnetically and I had difficulty sliding up the device to take a photo as I suffer from some arthritis in my wrists.
It is a very well thought out product but just does not work for me.

When I explained my difficulty Amazon very kindly accepted the return of the case.
I am very satisfied with the service and support provided by the Amazon Team and cannot praise them enough.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 21 December 2013
Well made and good looking leather case with integral magnet that puts your Kindle to sleep when closed. Deeply 'hinged' cover that folds to form a stand or for you to hold.
The Kindle fits into the case seamlessly and is held there magnetically, and the case allows you to push the tablet up a couple of inches in order to use the forward facing camera and flash.

So far so good, eh?

Actually, I am less than delighted with it, for a number of reasons;

- It's overpriced

- I am not convinced how secure it is (the folding leather case for the 7" kindle fire HD is much better in my opinion)

- the case forces the (supplied) usb charging connector in at a slight angle, which concerns me

- it is hopelessly insecure standing on a flat surface, and I could not get it to stand at all on my desk at work

- It's not that comfortable to hold and I find I have to hold it with my fingers splayed across the back, which is tiring

- the case is so magnetic that metal objects stick to it, which makes me concerned about it being near credit cards etc

I am now using the much more practical Otterbox cover for my Kindle, and to be honest wish I hadn't laid out £60 for this one - it's OK, but no more than that.
on 29 November 2013
This leather cover, unlike the case for the HD, actually attaches to your Kindle magnetically, rather than by "clicking" into place like the HD. This gave me a bit of concern at first but my concerns were quickly put to bed when I realise that the magnetic case holds the Kindle vary securely. It has a folding lid that fold along several planes to create a stand that you flip round to the back of the Kindle to create a kind of stand for it.

Good quality and recommended if you want to keep your Kindle safe from accidents/mistreatment, though I have to admit to preferring the more sturdy leather case that Amazon had for the Kindle Fire HD; the lid/flap on this HDX cover feels odd to close, it doesn't feel like you're closing a book.

It does cover up the speakers at the back of the Kindle, however, it doesn't seem to make much difference to the sound to be honest.
VINE VOICEon 30 December 2013
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The origami case is an interesting product, it is well constructed and it feels like a lot of care has gone into the design. The back panel hugs the kindle well, and rather than cutouts for the power and volume buttons, the case incorporates its own buttons in the correct place to allow you to interact with the controls. Its a nice touch that the kindle recognises when the cover opens and closes, and that when you slide the kindle upwards in the case to expose the viewfinder and flash, the camera mode launches automatically.

For all these smart design features, and after designing a tablet as superbly lightweight as the Kindle Fire HDX, it seems odd that this proprietary case undoes all that hard work. The case makes the kindle stupidly heavy and uncomfortable to hold, and the origami folds that allow you to prop up the kindle into viewing positions only add to the discomfort as it tends to sag and force your hand to compensate for the lack of stability.
on 26 December 2013
This case is a perfect fit for my wife's new kindle fire hdx. she has an original kindle also with amazons own case and having seen other universal fit cases I would advise to buy these cases which are original and designed for them. The on off buttons work perfectly with the kindle and the origami stand is both ingenious and perfectly functional. The quality is first class and the only niggle I have is the price. However as has been mentioned by another reviewer why buy an expensive luxury item like the kindle fire hdx and put it at risk in a cheap case which spoils its look and makes its functionality more awkward.
My advice is you get what you pay for. This case is beautifully tailored and made to fit. So Go for one, you wont be disappointed.
Bought a new HDX 8.9 4th Generation (2015) last week and decided to buy two red ones of these as I already have a HDX 3rd Generation model device

The two generations models are exactly the same size and shaping with all the switches, lenses and charging points identical but alas while the 3rd Generation fits in the case beautifully but 4th Generation does not.

The new model fits in but immediately slips upwards off the magnetic strips and just will not stay in the case. I think the polarity of magnets inside the later model is opposing the ones in the case. Shame I wasted £11. but my 3rd generation Fire is safely wrapped.

I did buy a new full priced case like this in black for the 3rd Generation model but sold that to someone who wanted a black one as with his black Kindle Fire would it look like a black portable television and it does.

Its a very slim and ingenious case but once you learn how to fold the back it stands beatifullt horizontally and vertically.
on 8 January 2014
I am exremely dissappointed at the design of this case when compared to the price. You have to push the kindle out of the case before you can use the rear camera. Most mobile phone cases have this design in mind. I can use my mobile phone rear camera without taking it out of the case.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 October 2015
Having purchased one each of these for both myself and my wife, we are very pleased indeed with the fact that they protect our Kindle Fire HDX 8.9s well and provide flexible options for allowing the Kindles to stand horizontally or vertically on different surfaces (including uneven ones).

At the time of purchase, these were only available in blue and it would have been more helpful, bearing in mind that we required a pair of them, if they could have been available, at that time, in different colours. However it must be added that these constituted an end-of-line purchase (as a new generation of Kindle HDX had recently been introduced) and that they were extremely cost-effective when compared with the cost of those available (in different colours) for the new generation Kindle HDXs,
VINE VOICEon 29 December 2013
Colour Name: Blue|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was sent this for review and appreciated that,I really like the case, it looks smart, feels quality, it fits perfectly. Seems good protection, and it slides out of the case slightly for taking photos,I was worried about this but if feels pretty easy, just take care. The machine is supposed to sense when you take photo position and come on but it only does this some of the time!
The machine auto wakes and sleeps with the case.

The downsides of the case are the machine is held in purely with magnets so the weight isn't brilliant, not bad but not good, and the origami folds are pretty confusing!

So to sum up it's a nicely made, quality case that holds HDX well, but it's not as light as I would like and it is not simple to use folds-okay though.

I wouldn't spend sixty on it, that's to much, infant I had an iblason one for under tenner really liked- that didn't wake or sleep although it was supposed to! But it's nice cheaper case. Very different.