Published 9 months ago by Caroline Lyon

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
Bought this cover for a 2 week old amazon kindle fire HD 7" the sleep function does not work. The on/off button and Volume Buttons will not activate the machine very disappointed
Published 7 months ago by graham s booth

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent should have bought this at the same time as the kindle, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Polyurethane Origami Case, Royal [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" (3rd Generation)] (Accessory)
It's excellent I should have bought this case at the same time as my kindle! My husband paid for the kindle for Christmas and my daughter bought me a case to go with it. I hasten to add she did not buy this one but a cheap imitation which was too big although allegedly made for the kindle HD fire it was rubbish and tacky! Trust me when I say this case is perfect for the kindle HD fire a perfect fit and very easy to put on and use in its stand form. An excellent sturdy outer case with a velvety inside which will not damage the screen.
A beautiful purple colour that I love! Do not buy cheap imitation as their promises are empty not of any value at all. Although the reason we did not buy this case was due to the price I do feel I would have had a lot less stress when looking for a cheaper alternative if I had just given in, in the first place. Just one request amazon please be a bit cheaper, you would sell more and save your customers a lot of stress trying to purchase a cheaper item which in the end is rubbish. Make life easier for you and us we all win in the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes it's from Amazon, 23 Dec 2013
Ayami "Ayami" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The origami cover comes in lovely deep purple. It hugs the Kindle Fire HD 7" well (doesn't work with the older 7" with a camera) meaning it isn't likely to fall out but with power and volume buttons on the outer cover means you don't have to keep removing it. The inner cover has a sofer feel so it's not likely to scratch the screen when closed.

The origami itself is quite easy to master (3 point instructions given) and after a few uses it is easier to bend. I love the fact it has strong magnets so once folded it will stay in place so the Kindle Fire HD can be used in portrait or landscape at a good angle. It not needing to use the cover as a stand, the magnets hold the cover flat against the back so it doesn't flap around.

Would have preferred it didn't have `amazon' emblazoned on both the outside and inside but it's not that noticeable at certain angles. Overall a good sturdy cover which allows you to stand the Kindle up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A necessary Extra for the Kindle Fire., 28 Dec 2013
A necessary part of a Christmas gift of the 7 inch Kindle Fire HD, together with the touch screen protector. Yet to be put to full use, but fits snuggly around the Tablet, offering good protection. Arrived as part of the Kindle Package ordered, promptly and in secure packaging. A "MUST" for all Kindle Fire Owners, in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the Ultimate Cover, 31 Dec 2013
Brian Hamilton "brianhamilton14" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love my kindle fire but have never been able to find a one-size-fits-all cover. I like being able to set my kindle on a table in landscape and portrait format and, whilst most covers do the landscape bit quite happily there are very few covers that allow you to set your kindle in both.

The origami cover does it and does it well, the cover folds and twists in a variety of positions to support the kindle in the two poses.

Handily, the angle the kindle is held at when the cover is in use is well thought out.

I really can't think of anything that could be done to improve this cover, a well deserved five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, 22 Dec 2013
This is a great cover. Very versatile and robust. Very good quality and fits perfectly. Does exactly what it says on the tin

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 Nov 2013
I tried 3 different cases before I finally gave in and ordered this one. It's expensive but it's absolutely perfect. Fits like a dream, the buttons are protected but still completely accessible, you can stand the unit up but the cover also folds back neatly when you are reading! It feels like a quality product. I love it and wish I had just got this one in the first place. Love, love, love my Kindle and the cover is the perfect accessory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb case for my kindle,, 26 Nov 2013
Superb case for my kindle, with the automatic open and close activation for kindle you don't have to touch the on/off button at all

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD 7" Leather Origami Case - Ingenious, useful addition to the Kindle, but not totally flawless, 10 Jan 2014
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I have to say that in many reslects this is an excellent and useful add on for our Kindle device. The Kindle clips into the case easily, there is a hard backing that protects the rear of the device, holes in all the right places to allow easy access to the buttons and the speakers, and a totally ingenious front flap that when opened switches the kindle on automatically, folds very simply to form a rock solid stand that can be used in either landscape or portrait orientation, and when closed switches the kindle off. If you wish to use it as a handheld device then the cover is magnetised and sticks in place folded around the back of the device so that it doesn't flap around. It's stylish, clever and works very well. There is however one small flaw, the weight of the cover. It is far heavier than a simple leather cover, and combined with the already heavy Kindle Fire HD72, it makes for a very very heavy device that can be a bit of a wrist ache when reading in bed for a long time. It also makes it very heavy for playing games that require the device to be tilted.

All in all 4 stars for a generally excellent product that has the one small flaw of being a little too heavy.

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent case for a premium price, 10 Jan 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This case is perfect for it's purpose, everything is perfectly located to match up with the tablet and keep everything working as it should.

The case offers decent protection for the tablet with everything but the front encased in rubber, whilst the screen cover/stand protects the display. The addition of the integrated magnets to automatically put the tablet in and out of sleep is a fantastic little extra.

The stand element of the case is simple but effective, allowing you to prop up the tablet for watching films or just to rest your arms, although it doesn't allow for as many viewing angles as I would ideally have liked.

The look of the case is (in my opinion) a little less attractive than it could be and also adds a fair bit to the thickness to an already chunky tablet.

Overall, its a great case, but be warned that it does add to the size of the tablet and there are cheaper third party cases which do a similar job for a slightly less premium price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, 10 Jan 2014
Dave Sparks (Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
My partner loved the colour and it fits perfectly! Enhances the Kindle Fire HD excellently and assists reading and viewing.