5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product
Published 18 months ago by D. P. Mankin

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong, but not so nice to hold.
I find myself unsure of this item. Having been lucky enough to be given it to review I can see it's great the way it makes a stand for the kindle fire. (7" only).
I like being able to position the kindle so I can watch something while I am busy knitting or whatever, rather like a mini TV screen.
What I don't like is holding it in my hands while reading.
I...
Published 17 months ago by elsie purdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab product, 25 Dec. 2013
D. P. Mankin (Ceredigion, Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" Standing Leather Origami Case, Red [will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" (3rd Generation)] (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent product despite the rather steep price tag. But then it is very much a case (no pun intended) of getting what you pay for; which in this case (again no pun intended) is a quality item. With my previous kindle hd fire I had purchased a soft leather case which was great apart from the fluff-attracting inside. So this new one is much better in this regard. I was dubious at first about the origami feature but this works extremely well. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD 7" Leather Origami Case - Ingenious, useful addition to the Kindle, but not totally flawless, 10 Jan. 2014
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to say that in many reslects this is an excellent and useful add on for our Kindle device. The Kindle clips into the case easily, there is a hard backing that protects the rear of the device, holes in all the right places to allow easy access to the buttons and the speakers, and a totally ingenious front flap that when opened switches the kindle on automatically, folds very simply to form a rock solid stand that can be used in either landscape or portrait orientation, and when closed switches the kindle off. If you wish to use it as a handheld device then the cover is magnetised and sticks in place folded around the back of the device so that it doesn't flap around. It's stylish, clever and works very well. There is however one small flaw, the weight of the cover. It is far heavier than a simple leather cover, and combined with the already heavy Kindle Fire HD72, it makes for a very very heavy device that can be a bit of a wrist ache when reading in bed for a long time. It also makes it very heavy for playing games that require the device to be tilted.

All in all 4 stars for a generally excellent product that has the one small flaw of being a little too heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a snug fit, 17 Jan. 2014
Philip Cooper - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I initially bought a different cover for my Kindle Fire but I found it a little bulky and the spaces for the volume buttons and on/off swtch a little wrong.
I tried this cover and found it a much better fit. The folding action to keep it upright is great also. Comes in a different range of colours. Make one of these your Kindle protector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Form over function, 18 Feb. 2014
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The decision as to which cover to buy for a tablet was once an open and shut case because that was all they did. Now the stress of which tablet to buy is compounded by the plethora of jackets you can get it to wear.

This model offers a sturdy tray for the Kindle to sit in designed such that one can operate the Kindle’s buttons through button caps worked in to the moulding; there is also an aperture for the charging lead. The cover contains magnets to enable it to form a stand 'origami style' in either orientation and it also enables the now quite common but useful auto wake/sleep on opening and closing the cover. The structure works well as a stand and also to protect the tablet when left around or thrown into a bag. The cover folds behind the tablet to enable hand held reading. So far, so good.

However, although the outer cover and back had a slight whiff of leather, they felt and looked as if they were made of sturdy plastic. It may be that the leather provides a harder wearing spine but if you bought the cover for a luxury leather experience you will be disappointed. The inner side of the cover has a flock moleskin style finish, quite pleasant and no doubt gentle against the screen but leave it folded back and I suspect it will quickly get dirty and discoloured if you leave it on other than a clean surface.

Then there is the weight. In itself it doesn’t weigh a ton but those few extra grams from the magnets do seem to push the total just very slightly past what is comfortable for extended hand held use.

Finally, the button covers felt flimsy as if they might fall out and the origami cover gave a sense that the cover might weaken over time. I just didn’t like the very 'foldability' of the cover that is the USP of this case and provides its ability to act as a stand. It may wear well but by comparison my current very simple case gives the impression of rhino hide.

If you are looking for something that will provide a solid easel for your Kindle and take care of it in transit you have probably found it. Should you mainly want a protective case and mainly use your kindle hand held, I think the weight and cleverness of the cover gets in the way of functionality and appearance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, clever design. Question Mark on Price, 2 Feb. 2014
Mr. Guy Mcevoy "Geek In Denial" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Positives: Unsurprisingly, given it is an official product, this is a perfect fit for the 7' Kindle Fire. Once you've figured out how to make it to the stand the first time, it seems obvious and easy from then on (cleve design!). It does feel like it will add decent protection to your device.

So why did I knock off a star? I still think even reduced price it is expensive for what it is. In terms of the leather they use, to my sense, it doesn't feel like proper top-end leather that you may expect at this price. Ultra nit-picky is that on reflection I think this particular blue looks a bit odd.

No doubting the clever design, super-snug fit or the extra protection it gives your device though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Careful You Get the Right Cover: For the new Kindle Fire HD 7" Model, 12 Feb. 2014
Marco Rossini "Marco" (England, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cover is very good and not only will it protect your Kindle Fire but it's also very stylish, light weighted and functions well. It stands too so you don't have to hold it all the time. However, before you place your order, make sure you have the right Kindle model. This cover is designed for the New Kindle Fire HD 7" (released in late 2013), but NOT for the first Kindle Fire HD model. Amazon, as well as the manufacture of this case, really should clarify this point, because the buyers could buy it for a wrong model. Let me say this again: the first Kindle Fire HD and the new Kindle Fire HD have the same name and the same 7" in sizse, but not the same shape - the new model is wider aspect ratio, almost like the cinema screen. If your Kindle Fire HD 7" was released around the 2nd half of 2012 and early 2013, then I think your model is the first model, so this case won't fit.

It will make a good present if someone who you might want to give it to already has a New Kindle Fire HD, but even if he/she hasn't got one yet, you could still give him/her the Kindle AND this cover? This cover is a kind of 'leather' but not the real leather. It's soft plastic 'leather-like' material which feels nice. It's also called 'origami case' because you can fold it in a variety of ways and directions, so it will serve well in different places you put it on, I imagine.

This Kindle model is no longer for just reading e-books, but for many more functions, such as internet browsing, photo albums, checking the London Underground updates etc, so you don't want to damage it accidentally, so I highly recommend all the Kindle Fire users to use a good (but light) covers like this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong, but not so nice to hold., 23 Jan. 2014
elsie purdon "reads too much" (dorset uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What I don't like is holding it in my hands while reading.
I don't like the way the leather feels (is it perhaps bonded leather?) and like some other reviewers I find it on the heavy side to read in bed with. In fact I prefer my much cheaper basic cover for bedtime reading.
So it's a case of it being great if you want the Kindle to be standing up, in either portrait or landscape, but not my preferred choice for holding and reading.
The case does feel strong and protective, another plus factor, and the micro fibre does protect the screen.
So if you can afford to buy two covers it's a good buy , if I had to choose just one I would not buy this, as I prefer the cheaper covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Origami case for Kindle Fire, 14 Jun. 2014
This was chosen because another family member went with a cheap (non Kindle manufactured) case. Waste of time! Go for the original. I bought it for my wife. She is delighted with it. The case protects, the control buttons in the case work flawlessly and the stand allows portrait or landscape viewing with ease. First Class product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the poor reviews, 10 Aug. 2014
Being a bit of a pessimist I always read the 1 star reviews first. A little dubious at first but decided to order anyway as I couldn't find anything else that appeared what I wanted, thinking that I could always send it back if not satisfied. received within 2/3 days. Brilliant piece of kit, kindle Fire fits perfectly and case does everything it says on the box. Can only think that people who gave bad reviews saying that their Kindle doesn't fit or the holes are in the wrong place and the on/off function won't work have bought the wrong case for their model of Kindle. Absolutely satisfied. Maybe seems a little over-priced but I suppose with quality "You get what you pay for"

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy one of these for your Kindle Now!, 19 Feb. 2014
Withnail67 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Refers to a red Kindle cover.

Two youngsters of our acquaintance received a Kindle HD 7 inch each for Christmas, and power agenda was to buy a really sturdy endurable cover that would reinforce and protect items that would like to see a lot of punishment over the next few months. We bought the Kindles from a well-known high street retailer, mainly of paper books, who recommended a leather cover with a magical adhesive tape which would allow the Kindles to be removed or kept in the cover as we pleased. I was suspicious but forked over £25 each for one of these covers, which to be fair, looked attractive and came in a variety of colours.

Can I make it clear that I think we should have bought one of these first?

Our high-street covers didn't work; the Magic tape lets the Kindle fall to the floor. They were returned.

These covers are a dream. The origami function, whereby an cunning system of panels and hinges in the front cover forms the multipurpose stand is a stroke of genius. The front cover is supple, well-organised with magnetic function that switches the Kindle off, and the back cover requires some effort to get the Kindle bedded in to it, but when it is, it snug and well reinforced. These have now worked flawlessly for some two months, with no problems whatsoever. I can't imagine the Kindle is without them.