5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Bought this DVD for my son, although we are both fans. This is the only concert of Madonna's that I have not been too, and we both thought the DVD was brilliant. Even all the extras are an amazing insight to what goes on behind the scenes. Don't know what all the negativity is about. Really glad we ignored the bad reviews.
Published 11 months ago by Stella Hall

I saw the MDNA tour in Hyde Park and was really impressed with the show - great setlist, choreography, costumes stage design etc. With this in mind I couldn't wait for the DVD and put my pre-order in as soon as it appeared on Amazon, hoping to relive the concert for posterity. Well, how wrong could I be...

I have been a HUGE fan of Madonna since I was a kid and...
Published 6 months ago by Freddie

2.0 out of 5 stars A lifelong Madonna fan's advice... do not buy unless you want a headache - edited to death., 11 Jun 2014

I have been a HUGE fan of Madonna since I was a kid and have followed her career since the mid 80s. I have loved all her previous tour DVDs... Yes, I was a bit disappointed the Sticky and Sweet tour DVD as the sound was clearly "improved" (overdubbed) and isn't correctly synched... but it's a minor gripe compared with the mess that is this release.

Sadly in the case of the MDNA tour, the show has been hyperactively edited to the point where it has become an unwatchable mess. Instagram style filters and an inability to let any shot linger more than a few moments gave me a total headache. It's hard to make out what is happening on stage and for a show with such creativity, so much detail is lost.

How did they allow this on such a high profile release?! I do hope Madonna leaves the editing to the professionals in future. Also, minor point - it would also be good to hear her sing in a slightly lower register to suit her older voice as it sounds strained in a lot of the songs.

One for die hard fans only, but don't say I didn't warn you!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
The quality of this release is terrible. Both image and sound are horrible. VHS-like grain and blur everywhere. Sound levels are uneven. Had problems playing the disc on Playstation 3. Not worth buying the Blu Ray edition at all...if you still intend to buy the concert despite all this, go for the DVD release.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too over edited, 6 Oct 2013
Mr. P. Cushion "Paul Cushion" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
The show itself is spectacular but this is the worst concert release by madonna. It's too edited and you're lucky if you see her face close up because everything is moving too quickly! This was obviously made up of more than one show too as madonnas sleeves keep mysteriously disappearing during turn up the radio, which personally I find silly and off putting.

I am a huge madonna fan but unfortunately I have to be honest. It didn't help that there was an issue with the manufacture of the Blu ray version of this release which left many fans cursing! Overall. A bit disappointing really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Dec 2013
As a year long fan, i think that this DVD+2 CD pack recreate the live show perfectly! Recommend it to every music fan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less is more, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
Madonna herself has acknowledged that there is a problem with the disc and it's being looked into so i'll just review the concert itself that i bought in HD on iTunes. The grain, digital artifacts and occasional blurred shots are also on the iTunes version and so i'm guessing it was either intentional or the raw footage they had to work with wasn't great. I personally don't think it works but 'i see what you tried to do there' :)

Her voice is overly processed especially at the beginning of the show and it doesn't feel live at all. I'm guessing the audio was recorded in a studio and they attempted to make it sound live - i don't know what they did but that was surely not her voice on the night! She sounds completely different on amateur YouTube videos (and better imo).

But the thing that i find most offputting is the crazy editing! It's headache inducing, you never get to see a still shot of her for more than a few seconds and i'm guessing that this (combined with the over the top airbrushing of her face) was done as a vanity thing. I understand she spent 6 months personally on the producing and it's like she doesn't want us to focus on her face for too long. In Vogue she looks like a hologram.

It's a shame because the show itself was great and there are a load of YouTube videos that caputured the magic of it far better than this official release both visually and sound wise. The opening of the show and Girl Gone Wild look much better on YouTube as you can see the incredible screens more which were a huge part of that part of the performance.

Like A Virgin and Love Spent are awesome and i really like the cheerleading section. The rest i find uncomfortable to watch because of the bonkers editing. A shame. This show deserved a much better release than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good live album, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Mdna World Tour (Audio CD)
I was really not that keen on the MDNA album i actually think its one of her worst albums! But i bought the CD and blu ray as i have nearly everything she has released so felt like i needed it! lol i haven't actually watched it yet just listened to the CD and from what i heard my highlights include Gang Bang,I Don't Give a,Express Yourself,Vogue,Human Nature,Nobody Knows Me(Video Interlude),Like A Prayer and Celebration

Also unlike her previous live albums this one is the complete show! not being a fan of MDNA it did kind of drag towards the end of disc 2 for me from I'm Addicted and I'm A Sinner both lasting nearly 13 mins for me just felt rather long but it picked up for the last 2 songs!!

That being said there are enough classic tracks in here to make this a 5 star album!!

2.0 out of 5 stars wish she paid some money to j akurland or other professionals and we see the best out of it, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
bad editing, bad sound, no clear images even at blu ray...she should keep herself from the film industry and leave all to professionals...

3.0 out of 5 stars Superb concert but her stupid hypocritcal drug reference and advocation ruin it., 12 Sep 2013
Mr. D. J. Woolrich (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mdna World Tour (Audio CD)
I initially reviewed this as poor but after a few listens and a change of listening medium, ie through my phone's HD earphones, it is superb.

So good to have the whole concert in full. If only BA and the other tours were released :-(

The only let down is her reference to drug use. This silly woman who should know better clearly says "Have you had your MDMA before coming out tonight? F' Yeah" She needs to grow up. What sort of hypocritical religion does she follow? She'll soon change her message when one of her own kids start using, that's a fact.

The sound is really good and lyrics are clear. Yes she has a foul mouth and absolutely no need for all the swearing and stuff but ignore that rubbish, the music speaks for itself..the queen of pop!

Can't put it down now :-)

1.0 out of 5 stars Abysmal quality, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I've always found that no matter how much I've enjoyed a show, the recording can be a tad boring as there's no way you can get the same experience of the live event. This however, is excellently edited to maintain interest throughout the the entire show. The downside is that the picture quality is more like an old vhs tape than a blu-ray. Given Madonna's quality control in recent years, this is no surprise and it's a total inconvenience having to send it back.

Mdna World Tour [Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]