5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling mystery
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and could not put it down until I had finished. I certainly recommend this author.
Published 9 months ago by den

3.0 out of 5 stars Lyme Regis based ghost novel
Knowing the area well I thought this would be a fun read, and it was.... It lost it's way a little in the middle but keep going becasue it gets better at the end :-)
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling mystery, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Woman from the Blue Lias (a murder mystery) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very very good read, 11 Oct 2013
A slow start but I am very glad I did not put it down as in the end I could not put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit different, 8 Oct 2013
I don't really like the ghost and spirit stuff but this wasn't too bad. The story was ok and moved along nicely. This isn't my favourite book by this author but I still enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 10 Aug 2013
rachel may dawson (UTTOXETER, Staffs, GB) - See all my reviews
i have read several books by this author but definatly one of my favourates couldn't put it down if u like suspence and a great ending d.m mitchill is worth buying .

5.0 out of 5 stars The Woman From the Blue Lias, 7 Jan 2014
The seaside setting reminded me of 'Broadchurch', so I saw David Tennant as the choice to play the bookshop owner, should 'The Woman from the Blue Lias' become televised. However, this intriguing story stands independent of the need for such a star in the lead, and three reading hours after downloading I can truly say the book, like the eponymous shop in the novel, was a true 'Page Turner' ! I shall be searching out more from this author !

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Dec 2013
Yet again brilliantly constructed plot the weaving of this story was so good recommended 100 %I look forward yo next month and another d m Mitchell book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written story, 11 July 2014
Wendy (stratford upon avon) - See all my reviews
I loved this book, I liked the characters, it feels like you know them like old friends. The story is well written, l also love the way it is written, it gripped me from the very first page and just got better and better. The ending was most unusual I certainly wasn't expecting the ending given. WELL DONE D M Mitchell keep them coming. I would definitely RECOMMEND this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful two days reading, 16 Jun 2014
I have enjoyed reading all Mr Mitchell's books but until this one it takes me a while to get drawn in to the story but this one was so good from the very beginning.
I loved the way it was written and the story told. I would love to see this as a film.
Onto the next, two left downloaded, six being read. Not one disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Woman from the Blue Lias, 24 May 2014
This is the first book I've read by this author and it might be the last!

It had an interesting storyline, a dead woman's buried body, a bookseller who thinks he's fallen in love with a ghost, his best friend up to no good, all set in the beautiful town of Lyme Regis. However I didn't see it as a "taut psychological thriller" or even a whodunit, more of a bit of a disjointed stroll through the people in his life and the town and although I didn't see the end coming, I was quite glad when it did!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›