‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fab book from Sarah, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Paperback)
I loved Sarah's debut novel Amy & Zach and was keen to start on Izzy's story as soon as the book was released. I wasn't disappointed. At first I didn't warm to the character of Izzy who is about to get married but has cold feet and starts to remember her past loves. However as the story unfolds you begin to understand how Izzy has reached this point and I started to like her - and feel sorry for her because she has huge dilemmas and a lot to get sorted in her head and in her heart. Part way through the book I knew which of the men in her life I wanted Izzy to end up with and was delighted to discover Izzy agreed with me!

I was excercising on the cross trainer at home when I opened this book at seven this morning, thinking I'd read another couple of chapters during my usual 30 mins of exercise. I ended up doing one hour and 15 mins of exercise because I couldn't put the book down!!!! I didn't even notice the time, I was so tied up in the story and desperate to know how it ended!

I must admit I needed some tissues to hand for the end of this book - be warned!

Another brilliant book from Sarah - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Kindle Edition)
The countdown begins with just one week to go to Izzy's wedding to the lovely, handsome, dependable Greg...she's just not sure she loves him.
She makes a list of his good points of which there really are all she could think of, but she's still not convinced. Her mind wanders to her exes; Ewan, Jason and Dexter.

Ewan is laid back, carefree and very sexy. They had lots of fun while they were travelling together after she finished uni, but it was all on Ewan's terms with Izzy unable to make any of the decisions and having no say in their travel plans.

Then there was Jason, the celebrity chef who was everything she wanted in a man. He was gorgeous, talented, attentive and more importantly - Izzy's best friend.

And finally there was Dexter, the sexy stranger that had Izzy losing control in spite of herself.

Izzy bumps into all her exes during the run up to the big day, and the doubts surface even stronger than ever. We find out the back story behind her exes and why they are in her past, with lots of happiness and heartbreak along the way.

The plot is great and really well thought out - there were moments I actually sat shaking my head and wanting to throttle Izzy for making some stupid, lousy choices (then had to remind myself it was actually just fiction - no matter how engrossed I was!) and there were plot twists that I really didn't expect and made me gasp out loud. I enjoy reading a book with such good dialogue as this, there are no awkward moments that leaves the conversation sounding unnatural - it's all really well written.

The ending was well structured and perfect, all the questions were answered and loose ends tied up.

I really look forward to Sarah Louise Smith's next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Paperback)
Izzy's cold feet is such an amazing book! Didn't want to put it down! It's a well written book that takes you on izzy's journey as she meets her ex boyfriends again! Felt like I really knew the characters! The books deals with so many issues really well! I would highly recommend readying this book along with the authors other book Amy and zach! Can't wait for your next bk sarah! Amazing talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Kindle Edition)
Great charcters in an addictive story I couldn't stop reading
to find out what would happen in the end. Would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Izzy has my vote!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Kindle Edition)
This is the 2nd book from Sarah Louise Smith and once again i was not disappointed.

The character of Izzy is written so clearly it feels like you know someone like her. On more than one occassion i shouted out 'NO' when reading the book as i knew Izzy would regret some of her decisions - you literally want to shake her!

Cannot wait for book 3 later this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Izzys cold feet, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Paperback)
This is a fabulous book to read it's written very well and is certainly an easy read. Nice girly book which has a great story line! Divided into small chapters which I think makes it very easy to read. I would definitely recommend this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Author, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Kindle Edition)
Once again, I have adored a book written by this author. Her writing is simple yet entertaining, with a truly great back story that makes the reader just eager to turn the page. The book left me deep in thought at the end due to the fact I can relate to Izzy so much. A memorable read again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Izzy's Cold Feet Review, 11 Oct 2013
C. Lavoie "C. Lavoie" (Montreal, Québec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Kindle Edition)
Since I loved Sarah Louise's debut novel, Amy & Zach, I was really looking forward to reading this story. I was not disappointed because Izzy's Cold Feet took me on a roller-coaster ride of emotions: at times I was cheering for Izzy, tearing up, laughing out loud... and sometimes I wanted to reach into my Kindle and shake her! Izzy is a great character because, even though I didn't always agree with what she was doing, I cared about her and wanted her to get her happily ever after. The story is beautifully written and I love how Sarah Louise is able to transition so seamlessly between the past and the present. I kept trying to figure out which guy Izzy would end up with... but I was guessing (and totally invested in the story) until the very last page.

I highly recommend Izzy's Cold Feet and I cannot wait for Sarah Louise's next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Paperback)
After reading Sarah's debut book Amy&Zach I was so looking forward to her second book! I read Izzy's Cold Feet during my long flight and the flight felt so short as I kept reading till I find out the ending... not only entertaining but also there are things you can learn.. especially girls!
Well done Sarah and looking forward to your third book:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book!, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Izzy's Cold Feet (Kindle Edition)
This book was amazing and one I would recommend to anybody! I could not put it down because I felt like a character in the story wanting to find out what decisions izzy made!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›