5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard/Case for a Great Price
Customer Video Review     Length:: 4:36 Mins
Published 11 months ago by Clifton Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars A case in point
This case/keyboard is ok but wouldn't go mad. Both the case and the keyboard seem and feel a little cheep but both are functional and and do exactly as described.
Published 4 months ago by Derek Bromage

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Keyboard/Case for a Great Price, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Anker® Bluetooth Keyboard Case / Cover for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 / P3110 / P3113 (Electronics)
Length:: 4:36 Mins

Anker sent me this case in exchange for my honest review of the product. I can honestly say I really like it. The case is very attractive and very well built. With the Galaxy Tab 2 inserted and the cover closed it feels exactly like a traditional leather-bound planner, size and weight. The faux-leather finish seems very sturdy and feels like real leather to me. The magnetic clasp that holds it shut works exactly like a traditional paper planner binder.

The Galaxy Tab slides easily into the case yet stays in place very well. All of the ports on the tablet are accessible without having to remove it from the case. The inner lining of the case is a very soft velvety texture. It feels like a high-end case. I was very impressed with its quality.

Adding the keyboard to the case makes it a very nice deal, indeed. The keyboard is magnetically attached to the case and is easily removed, but does not fall off easily. There is a 'home' button and a 'back' button on the keyboard but it is lacking a 'menu' or 'apps' button. Trying to maneuver the Android OS with the keyboard is a little awkward, but for typing emails, documents, and similar things, it is great. Of course, it is not full sized but I think that is obvious. If you have large hands, your fingers may trip over each other.

I could not get the brightness buttons on the keyboard to work. I tried setting the brightness on the tablet to manual (auto brightness off) but it made no difference. All of the other keyboard functions worked fine, like the volume control, mute, pause/play, screen lock, etc.

I have not used it long enough to comment on its durability but it seems pretty rugged. The keyboard auto-powers off after 15 minutes so forgetting to turn it off is not the death of you. As a bonus, My Google Nexus 7 fits nicely into the case too (speakers are in the back and covered) and works with the keyboard as well.

See my video review for more details.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-function case!, 27 Sep 2013
Michael Nguyen "- Mike" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
The delivery was extremely quick and the item looked amazing when it came out of the box!
Some cases include a raft of useless things but this came with a few bits, a nice notice and extremely simple user-guide that absolutely anyone can follow.
First impressions of the case, it fit my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 perfectly, the cutouts were in the right position with nothing critical being obstructed. The faux leather felt nice in the hand and was not the very soft type that would get damaged easily. The overall build quality of the case was good and the magnets that held everything together (the keyboard is held in magnetically along with the clip and stand). I thought the keyboard and case combo would greatly increase the weight of the device but in actual fact the weight was just on par with the bare device itself apart from it being nearly 3 times as thick as the naked device, I felt this was better because it felt more solid in my hand and very unlikely to slip out onto the floor. I assume this case would somewhat provide protection from a drop but I won't try that just yet ;)
The installation was quick and easy, the main holder of the device has a small piece of leather that is pulled out and the device slid up into the holster without any problems, you then tuck the leather piece back in and that's it! Firm hold and fits perfectly, never really had a case + keyboard combo before but this product is more than good enough for all your needs.

The keyboard itself uses chicklet keys just like a laptop keyboard and thus is very slim and light weight indeed! There are two main controls you need to know, the power switch and the bluetooth/multifunction button.
Pairing of the keyboard was very quick and was just a matter of turning the device on, pressing the bluetooth button once - then you have to do the device-sided part which involves finding the device and tapping on it. You will then be prompted to enter a short string of numbers followed by the enter key.
I have been using the keyboard for more than a day pretty much all the time for about 6 hours straight and everything seems to be going smoothly.

Just for fun I noticed the layout of the case was similar to my HTC Flyer and thus shoved it in just for fun and to my surprise it fit nearly perfectly with the exception of the front camera being blocked. Oh well! The HTC Flyer was never very good at video calling anyway.

Overall, I believe this bit of kit will be great for all your portable needs. The case is superb and the usability of the keyboard is good (it works with pretty much any bluetooth enabled device including my blackberry and laptop).

5.0 out of 5 stars Converts my tablet into a mini laptop. Stylish & functional. Definitely recommended., 31 July 2014
I already had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7", but found it a bit clunky to use the on-screen keyboard as I write a blog. I toyed with the idea of a laptop, but really only wanted a keyboard so I could type. I then found this keyboard with case and decided to give that a go. I love it! The case looks and feels nice, protects the tab and creates the perfect stand for on the desk or, as I often do, on my knee (usually on top of a book). I bought this back in May; it is now July and I haven't had to charge the keyboard up yet, despite using it quite a bit for writing blogs etc (I do turn the keyboard off when not in use, but even so ...). The case allows easy access to all the buttons and ports on the tablet (eg the power cable fits without a problem and you can use the volume controls). The case is slimline, so the tablet fits neatly in my bag. The keyboard is nice to type on (I am a proper touch-typist and I find it comparable to my computer keyboard, just a bit smaller). The only odd thing is that the key labelled with the @ is actually the " and vice versa - but that is no problem once you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars my mum liked this, 7 April 2014
My mum liked this because it protected her tablet from scratches and it is helpful item to use thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, I love it., 3 April 2014
Makes life easier for me and would recommend to all.
Really happy with this as I can now use my tablet as if it were a laptop

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Mar 2014
This is an well thought out product that works well out of the box and I would have liked to have given it 5 stars. The only issue I have with it is that the support for the tab fits too snugly around the screen. This makes it slightly challenging to access some of the on-screen buttons at the very top or very bottom of the screen. The faux leather creates a lip that my big fingers have to avoid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, 27 Mar 2014
I bought this keyboard so that I can type reports or my my next novel when on the train, or in a cafe etc etc. It works really well, my ultra portable 7" tablet now is as usable as a laptop in many ways.

It connects with the tablet as soon as it is switched on and the screen keyboard is automatically disabled.

I love it, in fact I wrote this review with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 27 Mar 2014
Great case, good idea that the keyboard is magnetic and can be removed. Works well with the Samsung tab 7. No problems with the keyboard connecting to the tablet, very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Third times a charm., 4 Sep 2014
This is a good keyboard. I have tried three different keyboards. The first has a similar large key keyboard. However the case was not my taste - red and black. Plus the screen keyboard kept popping up. This keyboard has an attractive plain black case. It also has a special key which gets rid of the pop up keyboard. In fact it does not seem to pop up as it did on my first keyboard.

The second keyboard has a nice case but little silicon keys. As much as I tried I could not get used to them. The keys do not feel like a regular key, so you are uncertain if you are pressing it.

This keyboard great, large keys, connects easy and an attractive case (for a non-leather case).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item; great build quality; great price., 13 Aug 2014
Good leather-like material case; solid and well stitched; stand and magnetic clasp great. Keyboard excellent; great keys, great feel, very responsive. Good battery life. BluTooth connection simple. Tablet still compact when in case and with keyboard. Can remove and replace keyboard (magnetic) if you want to type further away from your tablet. The only (tiny) annoyance is that you can be typing away and suddenly an accented character option ribbon pops up (e.g. for foreign versions of letter a, or letter e). So you have to go back, delete the accented character, and retype. Perhaps there's a way of turning this feature off, but I haven't found it yet.