5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
Published 23 months ago by Sophie

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but I'd go with a different brand in future.
It's fun to watch once you've got it together, however a nightmare to assembal. The manual is next to useless due to frequent mistakes meaning you have to go back to the start part way through and use community instructions that can be found online. If I were to buy another one I'd choose a different manufacturer.
Published 15 months ago by Glynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 2 Jan 2013
I bought this for my son (20) for Christmas as a novelty present. He spent some time in the evening & again on Boxing Day putting it together. He really enjoyed the project & said it was just the right skill level, a bit challenging but not so much that he gave up. He had great fun building it & enjoyed having to tweak it to get it to run. This was a little cheaper than others advertised, really good value, not too simple & good fun to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entertainment, 7 Jan 2013
Bought this item with not too much hope of being able to build it as im not the handiest person. I opted for Level 3 as it offered good variety of track but didnt look too complicated. I found the instructions nice and clear with plenty of pictures for reference and even some to scale images to get the clamps in the exact places. The project looks daunting when you open the box and see all the pieces but once you begin you realise its been broken down into nice easy steps. It took me approx. 8 hours over two days to build the entire structure and tweak some of the corners/clamps to ensure the balls ran at the correct speeds and didnt fall off. Always cut a few cms more rail than you need as there is plenty spare and it can always be trimmed later on.

I was very happy with the product once it was finished and the only downside for me was that the motor is quite loud which makes running the rail continuously out of the question. I will certainly be buying higher level versions in the near future. Good value for money and looks great on my computer desk!

NB When constructing the 3rd rail (340cms), the instructions advise you cut the rail in two and connect half way round. I did this rail in one continuous piece and it wasnt difficult at all. The second rail with the 2 loops is by far the most taxing and time consuming.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, 22 Jun 2013
Bought as fun present for my dad, he has had fun putting it together and playing with it. Something a bit more unusual than than the run of the mill present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 13 Aug 2013
I am still building this - a bit every day - and I think it is nearly finished now. Fascinating to build, and tweaking the runs so it works smoothly is very interesting. Providing me with an escape from my work! I also have some more ball bearings ordered from a bearing supplier, as there are just 3 supplied, and I want a couple more running too.

Looks great, and though a little noisy when it is working, I don't mind. The build quality of the components is great too, all fits together very well, and my kit had spare parts - more than was needed, which is a good idea in case you lose or break something. Plenty of track as well, with some pins to fit pieces of track together in case you cut a piece too short or something. Well thought out design.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 14 Jan 2013
fantastic challenge to build.very addictive.would like to see more levels available.definitely good value for money.more spare parts would be useful.

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea but I'd go with a different brand in future., 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: IGGI SpaceRail Perpetual Rollercoaster, Glow In The Dark - Level 2 (Toy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Intstructions unclear, 25 Dec 2013
As it says, the instructions are unclear and hard to see in the pictures how it pieces together. The photos being black&white and then black lines pointing to the relevant parts make it really hard to see to which parts those black lines are actually pointing to! Hubby and I have both had a go and have had to walk away from it to have a rethink when we've got stuck.

I'm now searching the web for easier instructions, especially for the loop the loop bit. I'm sure once it's done it'll be great, but at the moment it's very frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, a perfect toy for a keen mind, 4 Nov 2013
There seem to be mixed reviews on these products, which tend to be distinguished from people who have the patience for it, and those who don't. I'm not mega-careful about things, but never once splined a part or broke anything like some people have managed to. However, there are so many spares left over I wouldn't have cared if I did.

After some initial setting up of pieces (building all the little rail holders, which you can do routinely whilst watching a movie), the fun starts when laying the rails and adjusting them to get the ball to roll properly. On one track (with the three loop the loops) this took me about 2-3 hours - which never became annoying or frustrating. It was a joyful challenge, and an interesting learning experience. This is why I rated the product 5 stars for educational value - you end up implicitly learning alot about gravity, potential energy, kinetic energy, and resistance. You realise that you need maximum velocity for the stunt to work, so have to iron out any imperfections and tilt the track appropriately to minimise resistance on the ball. Eventually when it works, its really satisfying.

There were a couple of faults in the manual, which is pretty unforgiveable for a product like this, but once you realise something is wrong, you soon notice that two of the tall bars should be swapped (M and N I believe).

There is one issue with the marble run that I would change to vastly improve it. It is essentially 3 independent marble runs, with one path splitting into two. All paths enter on the same channel of the spiral wotsit as they exit out again, for the same path. So each ball can only do its own path. If the exits of the paths were rotated by one on the spiral motor, then you could have one ball working its way around all of the paths. This would have been a great option, because one ball would probably take a few minutes to get round all four paths in sequence. I'd have much preferred this, rather than having all of the paths completely independent of each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars what good fun to build and play with, 5 Jun 2013
gordon (Gloucester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 68 year old bother's birthday. We tend to bye toys in our second childhood. It was fun to build and then to play with. Worth every star for such a child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Formidable!, 21 Jan 2014
Got this for our 33 year old son - an engineer. Lego it ain't! But as a challenging and satisfying exercise for a teen or adult it's very good. Just don't expect to have it up and running by dinner time on Christmas day.........