5.0 out of 5 stars Levi's 501 jeans.
I bought these Levi's 501 for the first time and was more than satisfied with how quick thay were deliverd and the quality of the product, and the seem much thicker than whot you buy in the shops.
Published on 26 Aug 2012 by Richie

1.0 out of 5 stars They have forgotten there customer.
Published 19 months ago by Mr Rugged

1.0 out of 5 stars They have forgotten there customer., 5 Jun 2013
I've been wearing Levi 501 jeans for the past 40 years. They were alway the 'original' comfort fit until recently. Of late they have become progressively tighter round the leg and narrower at the ankle. So much so that Levi 501's cannot really continue to call themselves original - they are in fact a completely new design aimed at the 'skinny jeans' market, for the young and not for the traditional 501 wearer. Which is a pity because they have always been the best. On top of that the fabric has become thin/lighter and very M&S. I will not be buying another pair of 501's. At this stage I don't know what I shall replace them with but I am no longer prepared to believe these are great jeans. I know when I'm being taken for a ride and when to get off the horse.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!, 6 Sep 2013
BE CAREFUL, IT IS A FAKE!

I just received it. I checked the pants and I think it's not my expected. I bought this here because the low price attracts me as most of you. But I think the item I received is not a genuine product of Levi's. I have several pants of Levi's and by my intuition, I think it is a fake. To confirm, I checked the topic about how to distinguish the stuff of Levi's on the web and then I went to a Levi's store around my home with the item I received and compared it with the same mode sold there with the help of staff there, then my conclusion is the item I received is a fake.

Exactly, the sides of the pockets of the genuine Levi's jeans are double sewed, and this pants are single-sewed. This is very important to distinguish the genuine and the fake.Obviously, counterfeiters always want to save costs.

Then, the leather label on the right butt pocket is different. On the genuine,I can clearly see the horse's mane, But on this one, I can see nothing. Besides that, the red tag on the right butt pocket is also different. In genuine, the two sides(top and bottom) of the red tag are sewed, and the mark R (registered mark) is on the middle of the fold of the tag, but this product is not.

There are also many other characteristics can be used to distinguish. I don't want to list them one by one. For example, some fasteners like plastic raher than copper.

BE CAREFUL!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to expectations, 9 Jun 2014
When I was younger and had the disposable cash I bought a pair of 501's. They were brilliant and lasted me for about ten years, eventually giving up the ghost some years back. I bought a new pair circa 12 months ago. When they arrived I thought they were a bit thin but as I hadn't had a pair on for ages I thought nothing of it. They have worn quickly and over the weekend split spectacularly along a seam which the old ones never looked likely to (and I've lost weight since getting them...). You get what you pay for I suppose but I'm pretty bloody cross.

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi 501, 6 Dec 2012
The product arrived with labels indicating that it was the size ordered but when compared against another pair of Levis of the same is it clearly wasn't. I also doubt that the product was genuine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Dec 2012
D. THOMPSON (Sussex) - See all my reviews
These are not the quality I have been used to in my 501s. Thinner denim, smaller hems. I thought they were fake at first but it seems you can get genuine poor quality levis! Where are Amazon getting them from? Made in Bangla Desh on labels.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised. Look fake. Need them now, so will keep., 27 May 2013
Different than advertised. Look fake. Probably are. Not as advertised picture. Either Levis have changed product, or are not convincing copies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Look good but not the best fit, 26 July 2014
Mr. Mischief (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
It's been quite some time since I last bought a pair of Levi 501s (although I do still own a pair from around 2000) so I'm perhaps looking at these through more critical eyes. Compared to my older pair, these are definitely thinner and not quite as well finished in some areas. Quality aside, they do look good, though, especially in this sub-darko colour scheme, which is a nice alternative to the lighter shades. They're also quite comfortable, and both the length and waist sizes - mine are 32 / 32 - were spot on.

But having said that, these jeans are quite a bit tighter around the thighs than my old pair - not quite to the point of discomfort, but not far off. I'm fairly slim so it's not just me getting portly in my old age, and there's no way I'd wear these all day if comfort was an absolute necessity. I ordered a pair of 501s in another colour at the same time as these and the other pair was far too tight to wear and had to be returned. This difference in sizing (perhaps down to quality control issues) makes it difficult to decide which size to buy as you just don't know if the ones you order will fit correctly or not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality denim and not as per picture., 11 Dec 2012
I bought exactly the same item ('onewash' 501's) 8 months ago from Amazon using the same webpage.

However the 501's that arrived this time round are made from a much thinner denim and are of inferior quality to my earlier purchase.

They're also made using two contrasting colours of thread for the stitching.

This is most noticeable across the back pockets, where whiteish yellow thread is used for the Levis 'v' motif, clashing with the traditional orange thread that the pocket is actually stitched on with.

However you wouldn't know this before buying as Amazon is still using a photo that doesn't actually match the product they are selling.

Cheap(ish) for a reason......Avoid!

2.0 out of 5 stars crap levis, 25 Nov 2012
made in bangladesh, if this is the future for 501s then im buying no more ,a generation of jeans have been destroyed by this inferior product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 2 Sep 2014
These jeans are not levi's even though it had the label the quality of material is very thin and weak! not true to how levi's are, I have reported this seller to trading standards and I urge all not to buy these over priced fakes!