4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, fast-paced and thrilling
I was very kindly sent this book to review by Percy Publishing.

Set in 2013, this story is about Michael Fox, an ex-SAS soldier who served in many countries including Northern Ireland, Africa, Iraq and Canada. He now works for a private security firm abroad.

Published 12 months ago by Sonya Alford

3.0 out of 5 stars good read
Did not like the grammar or writing style but enjoyed the read and banter between the people whiled away a few hours
Published 11 months ago by Mr. John Thompson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, fast-paced and thrilling, 21 April 2014
Sonya Alford (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
I was very kindly sent this book to review by Percy Publishing.

Michael is at Gare du Nord Station, Paris, waiting for his train to London. He can’t wait to get home to his family. However, he is waylaid by an old friend from the Regiment who needs a rather big favour. Michael soon finds himself working for the British Intelligence Agency M15, his task being to follow Ryan Killeen, an ex-IRA boss who now trades guns for the Taliban. Michael doesn’t realise it, but his whole life is about to be turned upside down.

This novel only took me a couple of days to read. It’s compact, fast-paced and thrilling which made me want to read on. The story itself goes back and forth a little bit giving the reader a good insight into the job Michael has just completed, plus his time in Iraq.

I would say that this book is more for men, but I’m sure like me other women will find it just as enjoyable. There is a lot of swearing throughout although I think that it is to be expected. It also gets graphic in places for which you might just need a strong stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars donkey derby, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
I bought this book at our local Donkey Derby . Its not the type of book that I normally read ,but I really enjoyed it. It was adventure from start to finish .A lot of swearing , but I expect that this is how soldiers talk. On the whole I loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Read I have had in Ages, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
Best read I have had in ages. Read it in two days and can not wait for another.
The book was a roller coaster ride and very easy to read.
Would recommend to anyone who like action thrillers

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
A really good read, very illuminating. Written by a talented author that understands the needs of his readers. I'm looking forward to the next offering.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good book!, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
I was recommended this book by a friend, once I started it, I couldn't put it down. Would definitely recommend it to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sabre Six File 51 by JAMIE FINERAN, 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
What a fab book!!!!! could not put it down and finished it in 2days!!!!,A gripping fast paced thrill of a ride!!! loved the humour between the characters!!....All I can say is I highly recommend this book and can not wait for Mr Fineran's new releases in the future!

Emma
Buzzbee123 :-)) xx

3.0 out of 5 stars good read, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrrrrrrrgh !, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Kindle Edition)
Great read, difficult to put down and the Author skillfully kept the pace going in a believable story line ! But............. No I won't tell you the 'But' you'll have to read the book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars sabre six File 51, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
Got this book at the Isle of Wight Festival 2013 where the Author was doing a book signing and once I started to read it I found it hard to put down.A great insight into the world of the military, MI5 and the secret world of a mercenary. Bring on the film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Sabre Six : File 51 (Paperback)
Not my usual story but I and my daughter have read this book and found it an easy and enjoyable escape in to the life of an ex serviceman and his incognito lifestyle. My daughter says it has action and excitement. It would make a good holiday pick up....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›