4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but make sure you manage your expectations with digital note taking
My role at work involves quite a lot of note taking and different jobs require different book so I wanted to try digital method to store this information. I did a bit of research and this stylus came well recommended. Off course the stylus is only half of the equation, you also need a decent note taking application to get the best results. I used notesplus on my ipad...
Published 14 months ago by Polak

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't quite work
Unfortunately the Jot Script doesn't do everything it says it should.

1) Precision?

Not quite, the tip of the pen is very fine indeed but it doesn't quite ink at the point where the tip touches the screen. This was from using it on Penultimate. Not very far off the point but was expecting more precision.

2) Designed to feel like a...
Published 16 months ago by Kwokodile

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 520 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well for me on iPad Air...., 18 Jan. 2014
Andrew Smethurst (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adonit Jot Script Evernote Edition Fine Point Stylus for iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini (Personal Computers)
This level of disparity in reviews for this product is interesting!

I received mine just before Xmas and decided to hold off writing a review until I'd had chance to use, and get used to, the Jot Script at work. I stopped using pen and paper notebooks about 2 years ago when I bought the iPad 2. So I'm well used to writing on glass. I had worked my way through various cheap rubber tipped stylii before settling on the Bamboo Stylus - way better than the cheap ones. But......I was still troubled by the whole 'squidgy end' thing. When I read about the Jot Script I decided that it would be worth a try...despite the price.

On first use I was disappointed with the 'clack-clack-clack' of the nib on the screen....my handwriting style is more script than cursive. However, I've either got used to it or my handwriting style has changed because I'm no longer so irritated by it.

In the month or so that I've been using the Jot Script I've mainly used it with Penultimate on an iPad Air. I have found it to be very accurate with the wrist detection working perfectly 95% of the time. It certainly produces a more legible output than the Bamboo did. Maybe the Low Energy Bluetooth on the Air works much better with the Jot Script than the older Bluetooth on previous iPads? That might explain the disparity in reviews.

I've also used it with 7Notes Premium which give excellent results in translating handwriting to text - as indeed it did with Bamboo stylus.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Jot Script....especially if you have an iPad Air....!?

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 28 Jan. 2015
A very expensive stick! did the usual research and checked out demo videos etc, but it doesnt work to any degree of usefulness, it randomly stops working, skips letters as you are writing and the button is difficult to find without looking for it, none of the 3 supported apps I tried helped, I was using an ipad mini

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I'd hoped for, 4 Feb. 2014
I have been eager to order this stylus since seeing it on the Evernote Marketplace and since it was made available on the Amazon website have been reading the many reviews. I did think twice about ordering it but when the price dropped I went for it and am so glad I did. It works well, while on, as a normal stylus but the full benefit is felt when used with the Penultimate and Noteshelf apps. I haven't experienced the issues others have and it feels so much like using a normal pen and I would certainly recommend it. So get one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid stylus, 29 Jan. 2014
I purchased the jot script direct from Evernote market in the US. It arrived just before New Year and I have been using it now for 4 weeks with my ipad air.

I have used the pen with penultimate, good notes and notes plus. I have settled on the notes plus app and the pen as my replacement for real pen and paper. The app does not yet have palm rejection, however, I use the pen in close up writing mode.

I have to say that I am very impressed by the quality of the pen itself. It is built well, connects easily and I have had no issues. I also find it writes very nicely. The tip is not 100% exact unless you hold it absolutely vertical, but it is 99% in the way I hold it. It is also useful to use the pen when surfing the web to select links on pages that my fingers sometimes miss.

I would recommend this. The hardware is good and things will only improve as the apps support continues to evolve.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the other reviews would have you believe, 13 Jan. 2014
D. Whittle - See all my reviews
I have to say I've had this 3 weeks and it is far better than the other reviewers suggest. Is it perfect, no, is it a vast improvement on other styli, yes. Yes, it inks a little off centre, but very manageable and I personally believe that the problem lies with the software app as much as the hardware. Penultimate is awful, GoodNotes is excellent, but ultimately it is the first stylus I've used that opens up the possibility of going fully digital.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ergonomically good but functionally inadequate, 13 July 2014
It does not do what it supposed to do. What a disapointment. Ergonomically good but functionally inadequate. Adonit pro is much much better and cheeper.

1.0 out of 5 stars A great dissapointment, 1 July 2014
The stylus stopped functipning after 2 weeks, skipping and having the connection enterrupted... Adonit jot script is definetly a nogo

3.0 out of 5 stars Adonit Evernote Jot Script - pros and cons, 30 Jun. 2014
Found it frustrating to use as it keeps losing connection with the iPad. When it does work it performes well. Good for detail work. The experience of drawing would be much better if the point was made of a tacky material instead of metal which makes it hard to control on a glassy surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bit of kit, 27 Jun. 2014
As a self-confessed gadget girl this is the best stylus that I have come across in the last few years (and I've used quite a few). Writes just like a pen and I love the fact that it's pressure sensitive too. I've already recommended this to some of my colleagues and they too have been impressed. It's not cheap, but worth the money in my eyes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bit of kit!!, 23 Jun. 2014
A great bit of kit and works well - but a lot of money unless you can really use it on a regular basis!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 520 | Next ›