I've always just wanted a phone that does 3 fundamental things: i) Make phone calls, ii) Access internet to check email and news on train and iii) Phone doesn't crash.

Published 3 months ago by Senna

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Review
I decided to purchase the Ace 3 after using the Ace 2 for over a year. I thought the Ace 2 was a good phone but i'm going to list some of the reasons why you should and shouldn't upgrade.

Pros of getting the Ace 3:
- The Ace 3 is a lot more smoother than it's little brother and with a faster processor you can do things that little bit quicker.

-...
Published 5 months ago by Kyle N

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Review, 13 Mar 2014

Pros of getting the Ace 3:

- The screen looks incredibly clearer on the Ace 3, i'm unsure as to why seeing as it has the same screen resolution as the Ace 2. But colours and the brightness have been improved.

- More RAM. The specifications state that the Ace 3 has 1GB of Ram. However, you don't always get what is printed on the box, it's the same with memory cards. It should be 1GB Ram but instead it's 850MB. Still 300MB more than the Ace 2 but still not what is advertised.

- 4G, which means faster internet speeds. Make sure you have a 4G sim card from your network provider and be sure to check if you have a 4G tariff if you want the most from this feature.

Cons of getting the Ace 3:
- Keypad! The typing on the Ace 3 is a nightmare at times, it seems clumsy and doesn't always respond to what letter you're pressing. For example i had to press the spacebar 3 times earlier because it wasn't detecting my finger. I very rarely had this problem with the Ace 2.

- Battery life. It's not worse, but it hasn't improved much either. Its great when you first get the phone as it lasts a very long time but it doesn't take long before you're charging it more and more often. All Samsung batteries are like this though, it's not unique to this model.

- Lag. Still Samsung haven't fixed the lag problem. Android phones in general can be very unresponsive at times but Samsungs take it that little bit further in terms of stuttering page turning and unsteady scrolling etc.

There are more on both pros and cons but this review is long enough, sorry to those who are looking to buy this phone but haven't owned the Galaxy Ace 2. I just figured it would be easier for me to compare as i own both. Good luck with your phone purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's 4G. Display is Good. Definitely Worth Considering for This Price., 10 May 2014
This review is from: Ace 3 (Electronics)

I simply can't afford the flagship phones out there. Sorry, I'm not from a rich background. I considered a number of cheaper 4G phones out there and in the end opted for a Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 (4G) version based on advice and reviews. This Samsung has more memory than its competitor Nokia Lumia 625 and it has a better display. Potentially, being on the Android platform, there will be no shortage of apps for a while, unlike the Nokia being based on Windows. Not that I need many apps.

The Ace 3 is not going to be an ultra fast phone but it doesn't feel slow either. It navigates between apps ok and I never open many at the same time anyway. Phone memory is expandable with an SD card too and you can even take the battery out and replace it one day if it gets a bit inefficient. Many phones out there can't do that and over the years, I've always noticed that batteries can go wrong. It's is well built too, to my surprise. It feels solid.

No one will be disappointed with this phone but of course if you're used to an IPhone 5s or Samsung S4 or HTC One, you will find this phone not up to scratch. Then again, the Ace 3 is 3 or 4 times cheaper but definitely NOT 3 or 4 time worse.

I recommend this phone. I just hope that it will last 3 years like my old HTC Desire.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ace 3 (Electronics)
I got this phone for Christmas as my old phone was a bit beat up. I was not expecting it at all but was quite pleased when I got it, within the first few weeks i knew it was the right phone for me.

The Good Point:

- Its fast and responsive, as it includes SnapDragon 400 (LTE) the fastest processor for mobiles
- The 5MP camera fits all my needs
- It has a very good battery life, which often lasts me a day and a half (i listen to music every morning for about 40 mins, and play games every now and then each day.
- Not too heavy
- does not feel cheap

The Bad Points

- The screen may not be big enough

If you are an everyday user who is on a tight budget, and doesn't interest themselves with the specs then this phone is definitely for you. The Sound quality is good, the picture quality is good, its fast, responsive and an all round good phone for the price tag.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent if it wasn't for the poor battery life, 19 Mar 2014
Mr. P. M. Tasker "pmtask" (sunderland, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace 3 (Electronics)
Good basic smartphone but missing a few features such as 5g wifi, support for low energy bluetooth. The motorola Moto G is cheaper yet has a quad core processor and newer android version. Faced with the choice though I went for the Ace 3.
Reasons for this were supports 4G (though I'm not currently on 4G tariff, nice to know I could switch if I wanted), user replaceable battery, handy if your phone freezes or you want to carry a spare, supports micro SD card. Moto G only has 8 or 16GB memory depending on version, smaller and lighter.
Review criticise this phone versus the motorola but I like the screen. Very good contrast, viewing angles and colour and reasonable resolution. 480p. I don't notice that much difference in reading text compared to my old xperia SP with 720p screen though it is worse. It will also run latest games pretty well. GTA vice city and real racing 3 are fairly playable. It can feel a bit sluggish at times particularly in the gallery and scrolling is not buttery smooth but for the price it'll do. RAM management is good. Rarely quits apps unlike xperia SP despite having same amount of RAM. Reception is average rather than amazing but it's fine in most places. In areas of low signal my SP held on to a 3G data connection better. Doesn't drop calls though. WIFI is decent enough too. I got this to use for running as my xperia SP I found it too big and heavy. There are some nice features on this like driving mode which reads texts out when you're driving and blocking mode which makes notifications silent after a certain time. Camera is decent for the price too and flash is powerful. It's pretty good. For some the moto G will be better as its quicker and has newer android but the lack of user expandable memory left it out for me. When I got this the battery didn't last long and phone could be flat before the end of the day. I bought a spare battery and the spare lasts a lot longer. Suspect the battery I got was either not calibrated properly or faulty. Battery life is now mediocre. Sometimes get a days use out of it (sometimes less) but not much in reserve. Using things like gps drains it quite fast. Almost as fast as having the screen on. The screen unusually doesn't use that much power so if you use it a lot in a row drains quite slowly. But keeps ticking down when you're not using it or running stuff like music or gps trackers. Sometimes it'll randomly drop rapidly. A phone like this should really last longer given the slow performance and small screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Budget Smartphone, 13 July 2014
Margaret Stevenson (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ace 3 (Electronics)
Bought this for my husband who resisted for sometime going onto using a smart phone. He loves it. Display is clear and screen a decent size so even though he has big fingers he can easily navigate and do everything he wants. Although not as fast handling things like the S4 which I have it is a good value mobile with plenty of useful features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Ace 3 (Electronics)
Did not know it was so easy to own a phone other than one supplied by phone company.

Excellent service, arrived next day without extra charge. Would definitely recommend as a way
to go especially if you are on a very good old contract tariff.
Only slight problem was I had to pay EE 10 for a mini SIM card - my old phone had a normal size SIM.