5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published 10 months ago by Anon

3.0 out of 5 stars Learn it and put it on mute or record your own voiceover!
Argh! I’ve got to learn the moves so I can mute the DVD.
As a professional Relaxation Therapist and Yoga Instructor I’d have thought that she would have perfected her ‘relaxing’ voice rather than sounding like a strange combination of a patronising half-witted simpleton doing baby talk. It would have been wiser for her to have used someone...
Published 8 months ago by Not impressed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Danielle Collins - 10 Minute Natural Facelift with The Danielle Collins Face Yoga Method [DVD] (DVD)
I go into complete chill out mode doing the exercises.I read other reviews about the way she speaks, but I don't have a problem with it. In fact, I find her voice soothing. The exercises are amazing and I noticed a difference after doing them for the first time. Several goes later, I am getting comments about how well I look,how I look like I've had a facial and how young and stress free I look. I've learned the exercises off by heart, but doing them whilst watching t.v. does not give me the same benefits as watching and listening to the CD. I always sleep well after watching the CD as well. The tips on the smoothies and home made beauty products are great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and ideal for me., 16 Jan 2014
I watched the DVD all the way through at first...know what they mean about the voice in the introduction, however I like her soothing voice during the rest of it-so I just by-pass the introduction as once you have seen it..that's all you need.
I find when I do the DVD I tend to do the body yoga first then relax and do the facial stuff...and I feel great afterwards!
I haven't done much exercise for a while and this is ideal for me to lift my mood and get me moving...without overdoing it.
Going to try to do it a bit more often for best results but it is really uplifting when I do it even after a break.
Would recommend to anybody wanting to get themselves back into exercise..and would advise younger people to start doing the facial stuff sooner rather than wait until my age!
The Smoothies and skincare section is great and something I have thought about doing..will do now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag, 5 Oct 2013
I really am torn about this DVD - it's a total curate's egg of a package! The bits I like, I like a lot. The bits I'm not so happy with I dislike intensely!
I'll cover the negatives 1st to get them out of the way; there are only two but they are pretty major.... First, and by far the worst (sorry Danielle...) is her unbelievably - and I mean excruciatingly - irritating unnatural way of talking, in a cadence which is intended (I guess) to replicate the gentle rise and fall one might hear on a guided meditation or visualisation. Unfortunately she does not have the voice pitch for it and hasn't mastered the rhythm and flow of that style particularly well so the end result is jerky and grating. This continues throughout the face yoga sessions, the body yoga bonus and the smoothie bonus sections. The only reason I know that speech pattern in unnatural to her is because on the natural beauty bonus section, she talks far more normally, and pleasantly, with a co-presenter. If only she had been that relaxed and natural throughout it would have made for a FAR more enjoyable experience. The other negative is the complete absence of any explanation of good form, or slowed down `walk through' with the yoga moves explaining what they are called, how to position yourself properly and safely (not over extending the knee for example) so that the beginner could be confident in doing it properly (e.g. it opens with the statement of starting in mountain pose moving into tree pose. Many people won't have a clue what they are or what the correct alignment is in these deceptively simply moves). I believe this is a vital and fundamental step on any exercise DVD, however gentle, and is all the poorer for its absence.
OK - onto the positives and numerically they outweigh the negatives. The face yoga sessions are simple to follow, broken down into 10 minute sessions so you can do as much or little as you have time for, or work them all into the length of your day - even a coffee break at the desk if you're feeling brave enough! The body yoga session is also short and simple, with some lovely core moves which combine into a good routine for any time of day.
The juicing/smoothie section is perhaps a little overcooked - rather than watching each recipe being made (it's a juicer or a blender after all!) and drunk, to my mind it would have been simpler just to have the list of recipe combinations, and a short explanation of the health benefits of each blend. I'm a big fan of green smoothies so even the juicing recipes I will be adapting to make smoothies out of the same combinations suggested - in that sense, it's all good as I'm always happy to try new smoothie mixtures.
I also make some of my own toiletries so was very interested to watch the natural beauty section on here. Nothing anyone who has some experience in home-made skincare products would find new but nonetheless some great and really easy everyday choices for those who want to give it a go but have perhaps felt a bit overwhelmed by some of the lengthy recipes one can find on the `net. All the ingredients are very readily available; most would already be in your kitchen, are inexpensive and most importantly have a proven record of working!
For me - and I accept it's a very personal thing, other people may feel entirely differently - the whole annoying speech pattern thing is too `nails down a board' for me to cope with - BUT, and here's the rub, I really do like the simplicity of the workouts included as well as the other bits of info. So I have decided to grit my teeth for a couple of viewings making copious notes as I go - then I can just follow my notes with no further need of the DVD.
I've struggled to reach a score I feel is fair - my gut said 3 but I do like the routines, I will be using them even though it'll be without the DVD (which kind of negates the point of buying a DVD!) and I will be trying out the smoothie and skincare recipes - so overall I'm going to plump for a 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Danielle Collins - 10 minute natural facelift., 2 April 2014
C. Jones (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've been doing this every day for several weeks now and I've recently started getting compliments. People have said that I look radiant - and that can't be bad. I quite enjoy the routine and I do it most days. Sometimes, I do one or two of the exercises when I have a few minutes to spare. I also do them when I'm a car passenger. I choose the ones I think I need the most, i.e. under eyes and neck/jowls and do a few extras whenever I can. Most of the other DVDs are American so it's a refreshing change to find an English one. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !!!, 5 Sep 2014
I am really pleased to have found Danielle Collins face yoga DVD. I have been doing the exercises for about 4 months and have noticed a considerable difference. My face feels and looks more toned and I now feel I am delaying the signs of ageing.

I have always had an issue with lines around my eyes but since starting I can clearly see this area has lifted, the lines have smoothed out and my eyes generally feel more open and alive.

The exercises are really easy to do and if you watch Danielle’s DVD she is doing them with you! I wanted to make sure I was doing the exercises properly, so I booked a one to one with Danielle. Just little tweaks here and there has made all the difference. Since then I have noticed definition in the cheek area; plumping in the jaw area and tightening around the eyes and that was only two weeks ago!

If you are serious about delaying the signs of ageing then this DVD is a must. If you put in the effort you will definitely see results as I have. Danielle is an excellent teacher and has such a calming way of showing you the exercises. The exercises are very relaxing too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, easy and quick!, 25 Sep 2013
I bought this DVD as I have a new baby and have limited time on my hands- the short workouts are perfect and can be done anywhere. My face felt surprisingly refreshed and firm after I did a few of the exercises.

The Smoothie section was a great bonus as they all look easy and delicious! I will definitely be trying a few!

My favourite bit was the face products recipes, they feel incredible and I never buy my face products anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars As seen on TV!, 21 Sep 2013
I saw this workout with the same tutor Danielle Collins featured on a TV programme, a married couple in the feature had been doing this workout for a good while and they both looked at least 8 to 10 years younger! It was a documentary type programme so was actual fact and not BS.
I immediately logged onto Amazon to purchase the DVD.
The DVD itself was as stated, new and sealed.
I ordered it on 11th September and it was delivered today 21st.
Delivery was estimated 21st to the 24th but i think this is too long a time to wait for an item.
Overall i am very happy with the item and seller ;o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Danielle Collins - 10 Minute Natural Facelift with The Danielle Collins Face Yoga Method [DVD], 28 Nov 2013
I brought this DVD because I absolutely love Danielle's Yoga classes and was really interested in the concept of face yoga. I have not been disappointed. The episodes of the DVD are short and informative and mirror her classes in approach and technique. She uses her "yoga" voice for the relaxing parts of the DVD and for me it created the zone of relaxation that I associate with her excellent classes. I thoroughly enjoy using the DVD and would recommend it wholeheartedly to others

5.0 out of 5 stars relaxing facial and body workout., 8 Oct 2013
This dvd, i gave five stars the content is excellent and value for money, it is relaxing and i believe i can see results already, i will continue to do all the exercises as practice makes perfect, this dvd is suitable for everyone male or female who would like to stay young and positive and very relaxed in this very busy world we live in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy DVD, 8 Feb 2014
I like to complete all of the four 10min workouts in one time and I notice the difference after doing 40mins, I have recommended to friends and family. Highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›