5.0 out of 5 stars what a win(n)er !!!, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Corkers Wine Game (Toy)
At last a well thought out wine game for all. In a sturdy box its a beautifully packaged delight of a board game. We love it.
Played in a group of friends some with wine knowledge, some without...we found that anyone could do well and sometimes win, even by using the easy question option.
However if you think you can answer the difficult ones give them a try, you may be surprised how much you know or learn! Love the round board.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a corking good game!, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Corkers Wine Game (Toy)
A friend bought me this for a birthday present - what a great gift! Hours of fun. The rules are simple enough to follow, and the choice of easy & hard questions meant all of us could join in, regardless of our knowledge of wine. If you like games, and like wine, then i cant recommend this enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Corkers Wine Game, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Corkers Wine Game (Toy)
I have tried to find a good game on the subject of wine, up till now the games I've bought have been a disappointment. How refreshing to find a well designed, beautifully produced and well thought out game. When we played it (as teams) every one thought that it was easy to get to grips with the rules and all loved the circular board.

Because I thought I knew a lot about wine, I went for the difficult questions. Some of them I got right but many of them I could not answer. I found I was learning as I played the game.

There are "easy" difficult questions and "diffiicult" easy questions, so there is something for everyone to answer.

Some of the players on our teams had very little knowledge of wine but interestingly, one of these weaker teams won the game by always going for the easy questions.

It's great fun. Give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 July 2013
Claire (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corkers Wine Game (Toy)
Ordered this on Saturday and it arrived on Tuesday! We played it that night, and despite knowing very little about wine I won! Its as much a game of chance and strategy as knowledge. We had a really fun evening and all managed to learn a lot about wine without even knowing it. I think this will be one of the classics, its such a well thought out game. Perfect present, I know what I am giving for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jude, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Corkers Wine Game (Toy)
I agree with the other reviewers so far. The game is neatly packaged, surprisingly small actually, which is nice to store. The actual board is fabulous and looks lovely when opened out from it's fan shape in the box. I played it with a group of friends after dinner and we all managed to answer most of the easy questions. The difficult ones were a bit beyond us, but it was good to learn. I loved the part where you all vied for one vineyard and when you won it, evicted everyone else! This caused riots around the table! Also I lost a vineyard with one of the Pop a Cork cards which was awful having earned it through answering the questions - not fair! But then that all adds to the competitiveness of the game.
No down side, apart from the length of time it took to play - but we could have put a time limit on it - that was our choice. Maybe next time we'll play until all the vineyards are taken - then calculate who has the most.
Worth buying.