5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting
I like the challenges of hill climbing & go out of my way to find hills, I am not a young lean racing machine, in fact I am 50 & weigh 16 stone, I use to be the last up the hill, when out with my club, but now I pace my hill climbing, so I get left behind at the beginning of the hill & pass members on the way up, so now I am not always the last up the hill...
Published 17 months ago by AndyM1214

3.0 out of 5 stars A reminder of useful pointers to climb hills more comfortable
Useful but a bit too wordy and in some parts too technical but for beginners gives a framework for tackling hills one may be apprehensive about.
Published 21 months ago by John Rackham

5.0 out of 5 stars First class guide, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Climb Like A Pro! Your Essential Training Guide To Cycling Hills FASTER: Be fit, fast & FIRST and feel TERRIFIC for it! (Includes 10 Supercharged Hill Climbing Workouts) (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be an excellent guide improving my woeful ability on hills. Before reading this I slowed down at the thought of a long climb, but by practising some of Rebecca's tips I have progressed from woeful to poor. However a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single spin of the pedals. All progress is progress. I would recommend this to beginners and more experienced riders wanting to refine their hill climbing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners and intermediates, 15 July 2013
A great starter guide for beginners, even worth a read for riders with more experience. The fact that it's free makes this a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 15 July 2013
Bought this book after following Rebecca's excellent blog for many months. As a keen amateur who does a couple of sportives a year but struggles a bit in the hills especially after 60+ miles I found this book very useful. Yesterday morning I did one of my favourite local rides and found myself looking forward to the hills and wishing they went on a bit longer! In the afternoon I watched Chris Froome storm up Mont Ventoux and almost imagined it could be (a much younger) me!

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to avoid hills, 13 July 2013
I can only endorse what others have already said. A great book, well written with clear understandable explanations. Not only the what to do, but also and importantly the why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cycling Hill Climbing Training Guide, 11 July 2013
This book is a well written training book that will appeal to all levels of cyclists who are looking to improve their hill climbing.

The advice is simple to understand and yet at the same time very comprehensive. Rebecca's writing style provides interest and humour and provides good advice/expert guidance on each element that lead to improvements in your performance.

Fitness, Techniques, training sessions, Equipment, Pyschology, Diet and Weight are all covered. In each section there are many tips and hints that are practical and very useful.

I finished this book two days ago and started the training sessions about 7 days ago and so it is early days but I can confirm that the sessions and recovery times stated are accurately described and I believe that I will see improvements.

I am re-reading this book because I enjoyed it and finally I just wanted to confirm that I learnt a lot and I am actively trying the tips out. Recommended to anyone who rides a bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for all would be grimpeurs, 8 July 2013
Great read. Lots of excellent tips for here improving your VAM - the 10 workouts are great. Will be trying them out over the coming weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good book, 8 July 2013
Excellent, easy to read and covering a wide range of topics. The science is straightforward and makes sense. A number of exercises included ranging from hard to very hard. Follow the book and I can't see how you won't improve hill climbing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Rebecca, 6 July 2013
Simple, clear and practical. Rebecca has written another great book to help you develop your performance.

Read this book.....follow the advice......and you WILL get faster. It's as simple as that. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 5 July 2013
What a great book. Well written & informative. I will definitely get to be KOM with the knowledge I have from this book. Thanks Rebecca.

5.0 out of 5 stars Climbing made easier......... for me any way, 5 July 2013
I have cycled for years but only ever a long the tow path by the river. Being new too climbing have found hill's a lot of effort but after reading this book now see where i was going wrong. cannot wait to go out and try some of the training programs in this book. well done Rebecca, highly recommended read.. just like her other books....keep them coming....thanks