5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting
I like the challenges of hill climbing & go out of my way to find hills, I am not a young lean racing machine, in fact I am 50 & weigh 16 stone, I use to be the last up the hill, when out with my club, but now I pace my hill climbing, so I get left behind at the beginning of the hill & pass members on the way up, so now I am not always the last up the hill...
Published 16 months ago by AndyM1214

Useful but a bit too wordy and in some parts too technical but for beginners gives a framework for tackling hills one may be apprehensive about.
Published 20 months ago by John Rackham

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Climb Like A Pro! Your Essential Training Guide To Cycling Hills FASTER: Be fit, fast & FIRST and feel TERRIFIC for it! (Includes 10 Supercharged Hill Climbing Workouts) (Kindle Edition)

Rebecca's book has helped me & given me ideas on how to improve.

4.0 out of 5 stars I climb like a house brick, 1 Aug. 2014
I persevered with been over geared and thought I would one day get stronger and quicker. I was wrong and then started avoiding hilly tough routes. By following a few tips from this book I changed my gearing and technique and within two weeks have started setting pb's on my local climbs. To be honest I haven't even started to see the improvement in muscle power but the technique has made some tortuous routes more enjoyable.
If you are a good climber already I don't know what you could glean from this book to improve. However if like me you changed routes to avoid climbs, read it, absorb the information and get out on your bike whatever the gradient and enjoy it. Remember why we took up the sport in the first place!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A reminder of useful pointers to climb hills more comfortable, 15 Aug. 2013
John Rackham (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Short & To The Point, 15 Jan. 2014
L. Murphy (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Rebecca Ramsay's message is simple - If you want to improve at hill climbing get out there and climb hills - there is no substitute. There are many different types of hills long, medium and short with varying gradients and ten different workouts are given. A lot of it you may have surmised yourself, but it is good to have it confirmed. At around the same price as a pint of beer, excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets your climbing technique right !, 17 Jun. 2014
An excellent read ! Very readable writing style, analysis of simple but very true common problems faced by most keen amateur cyclists. Most important the advice when implemented really worked and I am climbing wonderfully. And the rest is now down to just practice.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 2 Jan. 2014
I thought this book ..covers many aspects and is well worth the purchase.
For all levels ..this book will provide a good level of info for not only training for hills but for diet .

4.0 out of 5 stars First class, 29 Dec. 2013
Concise, relative,easy to understand. Comprehensive and up to date. Inspiring for the new cyclist. A reminder for the experienced. Enjoyable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Climb Like a Pro, 27 Dec. 2013
Hi All, Great little book packed with useful information easy to read and not stuffed full of psycobabble! Well worth a punt get climbing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too pricey for a EBook, 6 Mar. 2015
A. Gunnerson "APG" (nottingham england uk) - See all my reviews
I read the sample then purchased the full book
And then I realised the book was a lot more expensive than I first thought
I'd already read the winter training guide by the same author at £1.99
But this one was £6.99 I think. much too expensive for a eBook so I requested and got a full refund
My rating is based on price only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rebecca Ramsay...just brilliant..to help all cyclists., 21 Dec. 2013
Rebecca's advice is as always to the point,informative and extremely useful .I have read this twice to understand some of the mechanics of cycling uphill explained and how i can incorporate the useful advice into my ride to help me climb hills better,of which are certainly working.I would definitely recommend this to all cyclists,and why not check out all the other books from Rebecca as they are all as good as this one.