1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Packed.., 3 July 2013
S. Atkin - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Trials (The Elite Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
We leave Conner in Book One The Beast Within finding out he is an Elite but not only that but he is a Judge to and he has to do three trials to prove himself save his loved ones and the Elite race.
And Book Two the Trials take us on Conner's journey through all three of these trials and all I can say poor Conner he is literally thrown into the lion's den.
I was so happy to be back in the world Jonathan has created his writing draws you right back into the story it's like you haven't left. I loved Conner's Character in The Beast Within as he was very true to himself and just so damn nice. That doesn't change in this book but we do see the growth of his character, we see him grow to become the man that he's going to be and you can really see him becoming The Judge.
His first trial to bring back the head of a fire serpent and like with all the trails Conner faces there is a great cast of weird and wonderful characters he meets along the way. One of them being "little Conner" (you will have to read the book) he is so cute and I want one myself.
Conner is still struggling with his feelings for the two women in his life Katie and Laren and I found myself at times wanting to shout at him. "Will you just pick one" and I'm going to say it now I want it to be Laren.
I didn't like Lu in The Beast Within as he wasn't very nice to but Lu's personality really came through in this book he was funny and I had a few laugh out moments with him and it looks like there might be a little love interest for him to. By the end of the book he changes again and for good reasons to he's got me a little worried but I will keep my fingers crossed for him.
There are great battle scenes which are written so you can see it all happening in your head and I found myself cheering Conner on.
We find out about Vercin who is the baddies in this book who everyone thought was dead he basically wants to rule the world Human and Elite a like. There is a shock for Katie based around the baddies in the book.
When Conner returns from his third trial he comes back to devastation caused by Vercin and Vercin takes something with him that Conner will do anything to get back.
We meet new characters I loved Caderyn he is going to play a big part in book 3 I think. Also Reap is a character you feel for I hope we hear more about him.
As we come to the end of the book you can feel there is going to be One hell of a battle to come as Good versus Evil try to build up their Army's. And I can't wait bring it on.
This series just gets better and better and draws you right in with the Action you still have me hook line and sinker Jonathan.

The Trials (The Elite Series Book 2)
1.23