5.0 out of 5 stars Eleanor
Published 3 months ago by Merissa

2.0 out of 5 stars A warning and possibly spoiler(ish)!
Published 5 months ago by MRF

2.0 out of 5 stars A warning and possibly spoiler(ish)!, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
I read the blurb and the positive reviews before purchasing this book and it appeared to be exactly the sort of novel I enjoy. However, none of the reviews made it apparent that the 'strong female character' is subjected to systematic physical abuse by the central male character. Is that OK because she loves him? Yes, I know he has 'issues' - his father rejected and abused him, he never learned how to demonstrate affection etc etc. Equally disturbing was the attitude of the other members of the group - whilst not condoning the violence they clearly consider she 'asks for it' by not letting a subject drop. Indeed, when he breaks a promise never to hit her again she is blamed for making him break a promise!!! Where is Jeremy Kyle when you need him???
I am sure there are some who find this acceptable, however I felt compelled to write this so that unwary readers. (like myself!) would be forewarned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eleanor, 30 Mar 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
This is quite a difficult review for me to write because if I look at the whole book, I really enjoyed it and couldn't put it down but there were aspects which have been mentioned by other reviewers that I was slightly uncomfortable with. I understand that they are now living in a more 'physical' world but I still wasn't sure about Eleanor being beaten the way she was. Mind you, at times, I wanted to hit her myself as she made yet another assumption that she shouldn't have. Saying that, the story drew me in and I loved how it progressed. The Elements are not yet a cohesive unit and they have a long way to go. However, I am hoping that given the ending, they will have the time and opportunity to progress and become a force to be reckoned with. The concept behind this book is amazing and I really enjoyed it.

I will definitely be reading book 2 as soon as it is available and will be looking forward to re-entering the world of Mydren. Recommended for all fantasy fans.

I bought this book as part of the Kindle Daily Deal on 14th February 2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
Loved it! More please!! Was very quickly drawn into their brave new world and found that I could not put it down. The author has created not only a world of fantasy but also a love story, which is beautiful and frustrating in equal measure.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed reading Eleanor. Can't wait for the next part of this story. Enjoyed every part of the journey they are taking. Well done will be and already have recommended it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
I loved this, it's a rich emmersive story with characters I really began to care about brilliant writing and I can't wait to get the second book

5.0 out of 5 stars wow…just wow, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
it was such a fantastic book i did not put it down! (much to my families displeasure when i looked like a zombie the next day). eleanor is a strong character who captivated me and was definitely a person i could respect. SF Burgess is now officially in my top "favourite authors" collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
A well written hard to put down book. The story line flows from page to page I can't wait for the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
Rolling storyline, detailed characters, a whole series of adventures compacted into one book. Meaty but compelling, couldn't put it down, couldn't wait for the ending but can't bear for it to have finished. Best book in a very long time. Worried about the dangerous undertones of Eleanor and conlan's relationship, but it works out ok in the end. Phew!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eleanor, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
Terrific, couldn't stop reading. Well written, wonderfully descriptive. I never lost interest and became completely antisocial until I finished it. Hope the next one is published soon,a definite for my wish list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Eleanor (Kindle Edition)
This book is un-put-downable (if there is such a word). Very, very good. Hope there will be a sequel to it.

Eleanor