on 30 October 2013
I'm a police officer and wanted a phone pouch to attach to my duty belt to hold my iPhone 4S in its Griffin Survivor case. Initially the phone fit was a bit tight but after about a week of use is now a perfect fit. The elasticated sides kind of self adjusted. The top of the pouch hangs in line with the top of my belt so does not get in the way of body armour. The issue I have is with the push stud. It is in no way secure enough to trust it to stay closed and hold the pouch on your belt. Other than this, it is the ideal pouch for my requirement. In order to use it, i made a secondary fixing out of paracord so it is always secured to my belt.
22 comments17 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2014
I had bought this as a possible secure way of carrying a mobile phone while travelling. The construction for the case is great, and looks and feels robust. The issue comes that the securing belt loop is secured by a metal fastener. As this has come undone three times, each time with my phone dropping to the floor in the case.. I can no longer use it with the expectation that I am still going to own my phone when I carry it in this case cover!

It does not have a secure reliable fastening to the belt That is not a useful feature for me.
on 18 June 2014
I was bought a compass for Christmas, yes sad I know but I needed one for my job. Well the compass (Silva) being an expensive item and not one I wanted to replace too quickly, needed a protective case. So I thought why not try this piece of kit, and to be honest it has more than paid for itself, it's not fancy or waterproof, but it keeps the unit secure and snug within it's folds, easy to clean when dirty and so far has given good service. I wouldn't hesitate in purchasing another one for anything else of similar size.
on 17 July 2014
Superb product which holds an iphone4s AND the Griffin case in a secure and comfortable position on your belt. As a previous review pointed out; the popper button which secures the belt loop can be made even more secure just by a drop of super glue being used to make it a permanent fixture. Highly recommend this product for anyone who wants to use an iphone in a day to day physical or work environment.
on 28 April 2014
I use my iPhone as a radio much of the time and so one of my criteria was that the design should allow use of headphones, and it does. A loop to fit onto a belt is more practical and reliable than a clip. I think I read in one of the reviews that this had a double loop with a weak fastening, but certainly mine has a single loop (as pictured) and a convincing fastening. Does the job for me.
on 13 September 2014
Excellent - spot-on, and have bought another as a spare. Have cut-off and flame-sealed the belt fastener belt, as I am only using with a lanyard round my neck. Fits my Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, fitted in an armor protective case, perfectly! Pity there is not also a stylus pen holder, but never mind. My highest recommendation!
on 16 June 2014
Excellent case for the iPhone. Big enough to hold an iPhone with a cover on. Sturdy case and ease of use. Wish that there were a secondary security tab as relying on just the one pop stud may not be enough, though so far all has been well.
on 10 September 2014
Secured it to my rucksack shoulder strap, so that I could get to my phone easily to take a photo or check the route or distance I'd travelled. It did the job and worked well.
on 26 May 2014
The clip lets it down as it can come undone, causing you to possibly lose the phone. Cured it by super gluing the clip so it stays permanently closed.
on 24 May 2014
I bought this to carry my Medfit TENS machine so that I can remain mobile whilst having treatment and it is just perfect for the job. It has a strong and secure belt strap or can be suspended on a lanyard or clipped to your trousers. Well made and thoughtfully designed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse