5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving it
Can't wait for the next one to come out and be able to read it too. A gripping tale that runs and runs.
Published 4 months ago by Garrath Earnshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars a little journeyman like
Published 14 months ago by F. Gamble

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars a little journeyman like, 20 July 2013
F. Gamble (Uganda) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Retreat And Adapt (A Galaxy Unknown Book 9) (Kindle Edition)
I generally enjoy these books by Thomas DePrima and this was fine too, but if I had an issue it was that the plot was a little thinner than usual, and the ending was left a little hanging. In fact it came to an end rather more suddenly than expected and I was left a bit Hanging. Look, not a bad book, but noting to sh0ut about. If you enjoy TdP Galaxy Unknown series you'll enjoy this one too but not one of the very best of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the strongest, 13 Sep 2013
I really like this series. The plots are quite simple, but the writing is good and they are enjoyable to read. Unfortunately this one seemed to me to be on such a grand scale that it was hard to engage.

The original A Galaxy Unknown, Milor and Return to Dakistee are the strongest books in my opinion

3.0 out of 5 stars Going off the boil?, 8 July 2013
The main story line was well told, with a good build up to the battle at the end, but a number of the sub plots didn't really go anywhere and would have been better left out. These sub plots were often in tiny cut scenes that were way too short, which gave the book a bitty, restless feel that really didn't help it.

Unfortunately I feel that Jenetta has now got way too big for her boots, and the stories are just starting to get overblown. The smaller, more intimate stories from early on, and the return to form in Dakistee were much more interesting. Which reminds me, the elephant in the room from the end of Dakistee did not get addressed, and I found that disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still loving these stories, 18 May 2014
Although I didn't give this one 5 stars, I still really loved this book. I love the characters and love the addition of Thor to the "family". I would have like to have known more about the latest enemy and what the real purpose of their experiments on the 2 people were for. Hopefully this will be answered?? Also glad to see Jen's mum a bit more in the story too.
Looking forward to the next story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still loving it, 17 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars rushed and a bit flat, 8 Feb 2014
The story starts ok a bit more character development,then plods along while the new superweapon is built - then the story ends to quickly , with several loose ends unfinished - why when it's not a cliff hanger ending ?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saga Continued, 8 Jan 2014
I am 57 years of age, and have been an avid reader for over 50 years. I must admit that when Amazon brought
out the Kindle, it gave me the opportunity to search for and find some great authors :-)

I can not recall how many thousands of books I have read, though would put Thomas Deprima in my Top FIVE favourite
authors. I am lucky that I am able to return back to a book some months or years later and enjoy the book again.

Prior to reading this book I started at book one through to book eight and then started reading this book I was
concious that I would not sleep until I had finished it.

I note other peoples comments about the content, I however enjoyed the book and look forward to book 10 in due course
and hope that this Saga continues to book 20 and he takes advantage of the opportunities to branch out with small series
involving the other sisters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Book. Very Good book. I loved read this book from end to end. Will have to get more books like this, 16 Dec 2013
Mr. P. C. Chaston (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Carver is Back, 7 Nov 2013
Carver returns with a vengeance, and up to her old tricks again. A riveting read.Ten times better than Return to Daikeese.

3.0 out of 5 stars Losing its edge, 3 Nov 2013
Its good that the author is trying to give the characters some sort of personal life, just maybe a bit too implausible.
I am sorry to say that was the first of the series that I COULD put down.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›