Style Name: Wi-Fi|Change
Price:£169.95 - £199.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 August 2013
Well I guess you get what you pay for. A week ago I bought a Cambridge Sciences Starpad 7 from amazon, and what a disaster. Firstly the unit was obviously used (unsealed box, marks on screen etc) and it was faulty. Not good amazon! There followed a whole bunch of issues getting my money back which I won't detail here.

Anyway, I decided to go for the Samsung Tab 3 7" instead. Am I pleased I did! Apart from amazon (grrrrr) taking 48 hours for a next day delivery due to "processing errors", the wait was worth it. Works straight out if the box, great screen, additional apps from Samsung etc. I was dubious about the lack of memory, but I bunged in a 32gb class 10 microsd and I'm flying. Bluetooth built in is good (many cheaper tablets don't have this), and connection via my home wifi really fast (about twice the speed my wife's older android tablet seems to get).

Also, and one of the main reasons for getting a tablet, the BT Sports app worked 1st time with great picture quality. A couple of my friends have tried and failed to get this app to work on their Android tablets. No such issues with the Tab 3. Indeed, all the apps I've tried work great inluding bbc iplayer, tv catchup etc. Also, no issues with browser access to YouTube etc. I've also installed NowTV and can watch Sky Sports (at the cost of a day or week "sports pass"). Since I've added a Chromecast, I can now watch live sport on our main tv via this tablet. It works great. Very pleased with this.

Epson iPrint allows me to print to my Epson XP-520 printer. This works well and I use Epson Connect to print emails when I'm away from home.

Very, very pleased and with recent big price reductions, good value for what you actually get. ie. Quality, reliability, support, battery life etc. It may not have all the whistles and bells of some tablets, but it does everything I need, and does it well.

Note. I have reviewed the wi-fi version of this tablet. There is also a 3G version which also supports a SIM card.
3333 comments|902 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2014
I brought this tablet and was really pleased with it .it is so easy to use and light weight and the sound quality is really good and I have also put films on it and the quality of the picture is very good . It is also easy for children to use and the overall look of it is grat and very good value for money.
on 11 January 2014
This is my first foray into the world of tablets, and before splashing out several hundred pounds on something I wasn't sure I would use much, I decided to opt for a more affordable model. When I purchased the Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch, it was on sale for £99 - the same price as the atrociously reviewed Argos own-brand model. I heard very mixed things about the 7-inch Tab 3 (the larger models had slightly better reviews on various consumer websites), but I ordered it mainly due to the price and the lack of truly terrible reviews.

It's a very attractive piece of equipment - it has a solid build and doesn't feel cheap or plastic. The screen resolution is, frankly, disappointing. Perhaps I've been spoilt as I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and therefore I'm used to much higher resolution, but the fact is the screen res is fairly poor. Images lack luster and vibrancy and to read text on websites you end up having to zoom in quite a bit. In terms of apps, you have access to both the Google Play and Samsung's own app stores, so there's a really great selection. The really great thing about this tablet is that you can insert up to 64GB of extra space via the memory card slot, something which no Apple products allow. Storing music, images and even entire movies is therefore no problem for this model.

Where this tablet is really let down is the processor. It's quite slow, it lacks power, it's sometimes unresponsive and it's not really conducive to heavy internet browsing. It's OK for watching movies from the memory card - but it's slow on apps like Youtube, or websites that have embedded videos. If you are looking for a tablet which enables you to easily and seamlessly browse the web, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for a tablet which enables you to watch movies or listen to music, I'd recommend this. It certainly makes the commute more enjoyable.

All in all, I'd say it's definitely worth the price I paid for it, but had I purchased it at the RRP I would have been extremely disappointed.
88 comments|230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I am a keen iPad user and when the opportunity came to get one of these Galaxy Tab 3 (7") models I thought I'd try it as it's more compact than a full size iPad and much cheaper than an iPad Mini.

As I see it these are the pros and cons of this latest model, the Tab 3, 7 inch tablet from Samsung;

Pros

- Samsung build quality and pedigree - it looks stylish and feels well made.
- The size is ideal to hold in one hand (size = 111.1 x 188 x 9.9mm and it weighs in at 300g) - the bezel around the display is slimmer than the previous model.
- The 1024 x 600 pixel (WSVGA), 16M colour, TFT display offers a reasonably sharp image even when magnifying a web page or text but it's certainly no retina display - colours are good, although, not as vibrant as the AMOLED screens on some Galaxy products or certain competitors such as the Nexus 7.
- The Tab 3 sports a dual core 1.2GHz processor plus 1GB RAM and 8GB of built in storage expandable by 32GB through use of the Micro SD slot. I am using a 32Gb Micro SD card and the Samsung site says 32GB max but other sites suggest you can use 64GB. The SD card can be encrypted to make the data unreadable if it is removed.
- The overall speed of the device is adequate and it keeps pace with demands but performance is more Ford Focus than Ferrari.
- It has front and rear cameras - the front is 1.5MP for video calling via Skype etc. and the rear one is 3MP - their quality is okay but particularly the rear camera is modest by contemporary standards.
- You can lock and unlock the device using facial recognition or a PIN if you wish. If you face isn't recognised or light levels are too low you can unlock the tablet using the PIN - this system works well.
- The twin (stereo) speakers are quite effective considering the size of the unit plus it has a earphone socket.
- Battery life is reasonable - around 6 hours on average and the tablet can charge from a USB port or mains charger.
- Good range of connectivity - USB support (via micro USB socket), Bluetooth, DLNA support plus it has an accelerometer, geo-magnetic and light sensor support as well as GPS/GLONASS location finding technology. Also, supports both 2.4 and 5 Ghz WiFi.

Cons

- Comes loaded with the older Android Jelly Bean 4.1 OS overlayed with a Samsung interface (the 8" model runs Android version 4.2.2) - I don't get why there's a step down from the latest iteration of Android in a product that is just being launched.
- The Android/Samsung interface is not as intuitive or as slick as the iPad in my opinion (but it is just that, an opinion).
- Considering Samsung have made their name through their expertise in screens the resolution of this screen is not by any means "leading edge" compared, for example, to the Google Nexus 7 although it is certainly adequate.
- No flash on the rear facing camera.
- No SIM slot for mobile data on this model.
- No iPad style automatic cover lock.
- Quite pricey for the spec on offer especially with only 8Gb of built in storage.
- Samsung's Kies connectivity software is quite basic and can be temperamental.
- Nothing else obvious as yet.

This is one of those devices that works fine and delivers what it claims, but it lacks the emotional appeal of some other gadgets I own. I also think given that this is a brand new model, the specifications are modest by contemporary standards, delivering adequate but not outstanding performance. However, the Samsung pedigree ensures quality, support and immunity from the dangers of buying an unknown tablet plus, the size strikes an ideal balance between being portable, usable and viewable.

As my old schoolmaster used to say "he'll pass but could do better" - that's exactly where I am with this latest offering from Samsung. Finally, consider the 8" version of the Galaxy Tab which offers a step up in both screen size and specification (faster processor & more memory), although at present, the price is a fair step up too.
1010 comments|505 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 November 2014
Absolutely rubbish - freezes, crashes, won't start up or charge if the battery has been drained. When it has worked, painfully slow, or totally unresponsive before crashing. The most frustrating and annoying thing I have ever bought.
on 4 June 2015
No warranty, bought ours from Right Click, sent it off last week as won't turn on, Samsung sent it back today saying it is a import from outside of Europe and therefor has no warranty at all, we bought this to replace another tablet we were shafted with by Wendy Lou on Amazon, for the same child, who now has 2 useless, crappy far eastern tablets/flat pieces of useless rubbish
review image
on 26 December 2013
I spent a long time trying to decide on the right tablet for me, comparing everything on the market, and I kept coming back to this one, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-in wi-fi. The main reasons for this were the great price (I got it for under £100), the compact size, and performance.
I opted for the 7in as I had tried a friend's 10in and found it to be too big. This one is perfect for slipping in my bag and carrying with me on the train to work. Personally I don't like the 10in tablets because I have a lightweight laptop just a bit bigger, and don't need a tablet that size, so I wanted something small and easy to handle, but that would still be good for watching a movie or programme on. This tablet is exactly what I was looking for!
The price I got was fantastic considering what you have to pay for other similar products from the likes of Apple. I cannot afford to fork out hundreds of pounds for electronics (especially when they're this size) so the price really clinched it for me.
I've had it for over a week now and have been really impressed. The battery is excellent and everything runs smoothly and quickly. It is easy to set up, and even if, like me, you are used to Apple software and layouts, it is pretty simple to get the hang of the operating system and different apps. Many Android apps need some improvement and tweeking to work well with tablets, but there's still plenty of choice and by reading reviews you can avoid the ones that are troublesome or just don't work. The video and sound quality are excellent.
It would be nice to have a USB port on the 7in, but this is something that can be worked around very easily especially with apps like DropBox making it so easy to transfer files from one device to another.
on 12 July 2015
Really unhappy with this tablet I only got it 7 months ago and already lots of problem for a while the touch screen has been really poor it just doesn't recognise that your touching the screen, the camera isn't great ant to top it of it has completely gone dead 3 times in the last fortnight and won't charge. Checking message boards online I see that this is very common and tricky to fix having to press different buttons for 20 sec etc. this should not be happening when the product is still so new. Also Samsung costumer services are only available office hours which isn't great when you work in an office. I would recommend that you save your money and put it towards an iPad
on 15 August 2014
Had tons of problems with this tablet.It is quite slow..the charger that came with it was useless...the tablet went off completely ,would not on at all after 3 months...I was directed by the seller to go for a repair by samsung...as the product had 1 years warranty(apparantly)..but guess what they said ,; they cant repair it , as the tablet was manufactured outside uk or EU..I wonder why these sellers who are a cheat in every regard are allowed to sell on amazon.. I have lost my trust on them now....
on 20 August 2014
Bought this for my 9 year old son. He's has a tablet before but the Samsung Galaxy Tab is built excellently for youngsters and adults. Always seems to run perfectly. Battery life runs long enough for constant game play or watch a movie. All in All an excellent purchase as my older son has one too.