5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little tablet
Well I guess you get what you pay for. A week ago I bought a Cambridge Sciences Starpad 7 from amazon, and what a disaster. Firstly the unit was obviously used (unsealed box, marks on screen etc) and it was faulty. Not good amazon!
There followed a whole bunch of issues getting my money back which I won't detail here. Anyway, I decided to go for the Samsung Tab 3 7"...
Published 16 months ago by Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars Designed to fail - Samsung policy is to rip their customers off
Do Not Purchase this product. After a few month use the charging port comes loose and it is impossible to charge. This is a very common problem there are thousands of people on the internet reporting this fault on several Samsung products ( As a family we have had an identical problem with a Samsung phone Laptop and tablet. Samsung refuse to repair under warranty. This...
Published 18 days ago by ade

‹ Previous | 1 2 359 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment., 18 Jan 2014
C. JONES - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi) (Personal Computers)
The people who are giving this device 5 star reviews clearly have nothing to compare it to.

My wife received this 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for Christmas hence why you will not find an "Amazon verified purchase" next to my review but I assure you, I am writing this review on it !
The only positive I can say about it, is the build quality is to the usual high standards expected from Samsung devices. That aside, i am really struggling.

The fact that this device has dropped in price drastically, tells its own story as even Samsung probably realise this is one range from their huge catalogue is one which they would rather sweep under the carpet and forget about.

This tablet suffers badly with the screen freezing and the tablet crashing on a regular basis and I should add this is the basic 8GB model and is loaded with but a few apps such as Amazon for tablets, Hot UK Deals (HUKD) and a few apps for our children but none of which place the hardware under any great strain.

The speakers are simply awful. Being located at the bottom of the tablet doesn't help either as when holding the device in portrait profile (vertically) the tablet is not that wide and naturally I feel the need to support the bottom of the tablet with my pinkies which cover the speakers, so if I hold the tablet not supported by my pinkies, the tablet has a tendency to slide due to the plastic back. This is remedied by holding it in landscape profile, but that doesn't change the sound quality from the speakers.

The tablet supports the use of a Micro SD card for additional storage but you cannot use it for apps although im sure there is a workaround for this.

The screen is a huge disappointment. Text is not crisp and clear in comparison to other tablets within the same price bracket (go look at the kindle fire HD for example)

Samsung have severely underpowered this tablet as even the web browser struggles which is proba ly linked in to its shocking WiFi capabilites and range is the worst ive seen on any device. If I leave the room my wifi hub is in, 20 paces later and I have no signal strength at all. Even my 3 year old HTC mobile picks up full WiFi signal anywhere in the house !!!

The camera, pretty much as per all tablets is really poor, both front and back cameras. My wife has the galaxy s2 mobile which takes some pretty amazing photos so the camera on this tablet will simply not be used at all.

I really am dumbfounded by the 5 star reviews on here. And what surprises me more is that this is still selling for over £100 !

I bought my wife the Google Nexus 7, which for a little bit more money is lightning quick, the best screen and ppi count (pixels per inch) on any 7 inch tablet making the text extremely crisp and clear youd be amazed !

I'm not saying to go out and buy yourself a nexus 7 but what I am suggesting is to not waste your hard earned money on this Galaxy Tab 3. Shop around and please, please play around with various tablets before buying this.

hope you find this useful

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet, 20 Aug 2014
Bought this for my 9 year old son. He's has a tablet before but the Samsung Galaxy Tab is built excellently for youngsters and adults. Always seems to run perfectly. Battery life runs long enough for constant game play or watch a movie. All in All an excellent purchase as my older son has one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy tab 3, 17 Jan 2014
Superb ! Fast connection easy to use good battery life,easy app selection and download . I purchased the tablet for my wife but now want one myself

2.0 out of 5 stars slow, 29 Jan 2014
its quite slow . my Samsung phone is faster than it. it can get quite frustrating. it crashes a lot aswell. the 10 inc is probably faster

5.0 out of 5 stars good value tablet, 19 April 2014
excellent tablet great value bought a used one no problems handy for watching tv films apps you can increaae memory if required

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy,, very impressed, 16 Feb 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)I was very impressed with the Samsung 3 7". Its really easy to use and operate, and very good value for money. I was going to buy a non branded budget tablet, however the car phone warehouse had them on sale for £79. When i saw the price I thought this is a no brainer as for this sort of money I cannot go wrong. I still had misgivings about buying a tablet for £80 but I was totally wrong it works well in every aspect. The apps work so do the features, battery life is quite good even with the wi fi on all the time. I use it every day for the diary and for a quick internet connection. This tablet has pushed the laptop into second place. Also it has never crashed. I would recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung tablet, 29 Mar 2014
Second tablet. Very beautiful and easy to use. Delivered on time.other family members have fallen in love with it. Excellent

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 22 Mar 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for daughter and not had 3 months use, I was using it at the time and it just stopped working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and good value., 30 Mar 2014
Purchased for kids present. Works perfectly, including flash player which doesn't work on an ipad. Kids love it, nice size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 23 Jan 2014
After checking out a number of Tablets I went for this one. Can't fault it. Does everything expected and looks good to.

‹ Previous | 1 2 359 | Next ›

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)