5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little tablet
Well I guess you get what you pay for. A week ago I bought a Cambridge Sciences Starpad 7 from amazon, and what a disaster. Firstly the unit was obviously used (unsealed box, marks on screen etc) and it was faulty. Not good amazon!
Published 12 months ago by Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price
Published 8 months ago by T Jarvis

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little tablet, 31 Aug 2013
Guy - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi) (Personal Computers)
There followed a whole bunch of issues getting my money back which I won't detail here. Anyway, I decided to go for the Samsung Tab 3 7" instead. Am I pleased I did! Apart from amazon (grrrrr) taking 48 hours for a next day delivery due to "processing errors", the wait was worth it. Works straight out if the box, great screen, additional apps from Samsung etc. I was dubious about the lack of memory, but I bunged in a 32gb class 10 microsd and I'm flying. Bluetooth built in is good (many cheaper tablets don't have this), and connection via my home wifi really fast (about twice the speed my wife's older android tablet seems to get).
Also, and one of the main reasons for getting a tablet, the BT Sports app worked 1st time with great picture quality. A couple of my friends have tried and failed to get this app to work on their Android tablets. No such issues with the Tab 3. Indeed, all the apps I've tried work great inluding bbc iplayer, tv catchup etc. Also, no issues with browser access to YouTube etc.
Very, very pleased and with recent big price reductions, good value for what you actually get. ie. Quality, reliability, support, battery life etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung galaxy tab 3 7inch white, 10 May 2014
I brought this tablet and was really pleased with it .it is so easy to use and light weight and the sound quality is really good and I have also put films on it and the quality of the picture is very good . It is also easy for children to use and the overall look of it is grat and very good value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 11 Jan 2014
This is my first foray into the world of tablets, and before splashing out several hundred pounds on something I wasn't sure I would use much, I decided to opt for a more affordable model. When I purchased the Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch, it was on sale for £99 - the same price as the atrociously reviewed Argos own-brand model. I heard very mixed things about the 7-inch Tab 3 (the larger models had slightly better reviews on various consumer websites), but I ordered it mainly due to the price and the lack of truly terrible reviews.

It's a very attractive piece of equipment - it has a solid build and doesn't feel cheap or plastic. The screen resolution is, frankly, disappointing. Perhaps I've been spoilt as I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and therefore I'm used to much higher resolution, but the fact is the screen res is fairly poor. Images lack luster and vibrancy and to read text on websites you end up having to zoom in quite a bit. In terms of apps, you have access to both the Google Play and Samsung's own app stores, so there's a really great selection. The really great thing about this tablet is that you can insert up to 64GB of extra space via the memory card slot, something which no Apple products allow. Storing music, images and even entire movies is therefore no problem for this model.

Where this tablet is really let down is the processor. It's quite slow, it lacks power, it's sometimes unresponsive and it's not really conducive to heavy internet browsing. It's OK for watching movies from the memory card - but it's slow on apps like Youtube, or websites that have embedded videos. If you are looking for a tablet which enables you to easily and seamlessly browse the web, this isn't it. However, if you're looking for a tablet which enables you to watch movies or listen to music, I'd recommend this. It certainly makes the commute more enjoyable.

All in all, I'd say it's definitely worth the price I paid for it, but had I purchased it at the RRP I would have been extremely disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars A total disapointment!!, 15 Aug 2014
Had tons of problems with this tablet.It is quite slow..the charger that came with it was useless...the tablet went off completely ,would not on at all after 3 months...I was directed by the seller to go for a repair by samsung...as the product had 1 years warranty(apparantly)..but guess what they said ,; they cant repair it , as the tablet was manufactured outside uk or EU..I wonder why these sellers who are a cheat in every regard are allowed to sell on amazon.. I have lost my trust on them now....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little tablet, 26 Dec 2013
I spent a long time trying to decide on the right tablet for me, comparing everything on the market, and I kept coming back to this one, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-in wi-fi. The main reasons for this were the great price (I got it for under £100), the compact size, and performance.
I opted for the 7in as I had tried a friend's 10in and found it to be too big. This one is perfect for slipping in my bag and carrying with me on the train to work. Personally I don't like the 10in tablets because I have a lightweight laptop just a bit bigger, and don't need a tablet that size, so I wanted something small and easy to handle, but that would still be good for watching a movie or programme on. This tablet is exactly what I was looking for!
The price I got was fantastic considering what you have to pay for other similar products from the likes of Apple. I cannot afford to fork out hundreds of pounds for electronics (especially when they're this size) so the price really clinched it for me.
I've had it for over a week now and have been really impressed. The battery is excellent and everything runs smoothly and quickly. It is easy to set up, and even if, like me, you are used to Apple software and layouts, it is pretty simple to get the hang of the operating system and different apps. Many Android apps need some improvement and tweeking to work well with tablets, but there's still plenty of choice and by reading reviews you can avoid the ones that are troublesome or just don't work. The video and sound quality are excellent.
It would be nice to have a USB port on the 7in, but this is something that can be worked around very easily especially with apps like DropBox making it so easy to transfer files from one device to another.

4.0 out of 5 stars A safe rather than leading edge proposition, 2 Aug 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
I am a keen iPad user and when the opportunity came to get one of these Galaxy Tab 3 (7") models I thought I'd try it as it's more compact than a full size iPad and much cheaper than an iPad Mini.

As I see it these are the pros and cons of this latest model, the Tab 3, 7 inch tablet from Samsung;

Pros

- Samsung build quality and pedigree - it looks stylish and feels well made.
- The size is ideal to hold in one hand (size = 111.1 x 188 x 9.9mm and it weighs in at 300g) - the bezel around the display is slimmer than the previous model.
- The 1024 x 600 pixel (WSVGA), 16M colour, TFT display offers a reasonably sharp image even when magnifying a web page or text but it's certainly no retina display - colours are good, although, not as vibrant as the AMOLED screens on some Galaxy products or certain competitors such as the Nexus 7.
- The Tab 3 sports a dual core 1.2GHz processor plus 1GB RAM and 8GB of built in storage expandable by 32GB through use of the Micro SD slot. I am using a 32Gb Micro SD card and the Samsung site says 32GB max but other sites suggest you can use 64GB. The SD card can be encrypted to make the data unreadable if it is removed.
- The overall speed of the device is adequate and it keeps pace with demands but performance is more Ford Focus than Ferrari.
- It has front and rear cameras - the front is 1.5MP for video calling via Skype etc. and the rear one is 3MP - their quality is okay but particularly the rear camera is modest by contemporary standards.
- You can lock and unlock the device using facial recognition or a PIN if you wish. If you face isn't recognised or light levels are too low you can unlock the tablet using the PIN - this system works well.
- The twin (stereo) speakers are quite effective considering the size of the unit plus it has a earphone socket.
- Battery life is reasonable - around 6 hours on average and the tablet can charge from a USB port or mains charger.
- Good range of connectivity - USB support (via micro USB socket), Bluetooth, DLNA support plus it has an accelerometer, geo-magnetic and light sensor support as well as GPS/GLONASS location finding technology. Also, supports both 2.4 and 5 Ghz WiFi.

Cons

- Comes loaded with the older Android Jelly Bean 4.1 OS overlayed with a Samsung interface (the 8" model runs Android version 4.2.2) - I don't get why there's a step down from the latest iteration of Android in a product that is just being launched.
- The Android/Samsung interface is not as intuitive or as slick as the iPad in my opinion (but it is just that, an opinion).
- Considering Samsung have made their name through their expertise in screens the resolution of this screen is not by any means "leading edge" compared, for example, to the Google Nexus 7 although it is certainly adequate.
- No flash on the rear facing camera.
- No SIM slot for mobile data on this model.
- No iPad style automatic cover lock.
- Quite pricey for the spec on offer especially with only 8Gb of built in storage.
- Samsung's Kies connectivity software is quite basic and can be temperamental.
- Nothing else obvious as yet.

This is one of those devices that works fine and delivers what it claims, but it lacks the emotional appeal of some other gadgets I own. I also think given that this is a brand new model, the specifications are modest by contemporary standards, delivering adequate but not outstanding performance. However, the Samsung pedigree ensures quality, support and immunity from the dangers of buying an unknown tablet plus, the size strikes an ideal balance between being portable, usable and viewable.

As my old schoolmaster used to say "he'll pass but could do better" - that's exactly where I am with this latest offering from Samsung. Finally, consider the 8" version of the Galaxy Tab which offers a step up in both screen size and specification (faster processor & more memory), although at present, the price is a fair step up too.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment., 18 Jan 2014
C. JONES - See all my reviews
The people who are giving this device 5 star reviews clearly have nothing to compare it to.

My wife received this 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for Christmas hence why you will not find an "Amazon verified purchase" next to my review but I assure you, I am writing this review on it !
The only positive I can say about it, is the build quality is to the usual high standards expected from Samsung devices. That aside, i am really struggling.

The fact that this device has dropped in price drastically, tells its own story as even Samsung probably realise this is one range from their huge catalogue is one which they would rather sweep under the carpet and forget about.

This tablet suffers badly with the screen freezing and the tablet crashing on a regular basis and I should add this is the basic 8GB model and is loaded with but a few apps such as Amazon for tablets, Hot UK Deals (HUKD) and a few apps for our children but none of which place the hardware under any great strain.

The speakers are simply awful. Being located at the bottom of the tablet doesn't help either as when holding the device in portrait profile (vertically) the tablet is not that wide and naturally I feel the need to support the bottom of the tablet with my pinkies which cover the speakers, so if I hold the tablet not supported by my pinkies, the tablet has a tendency to slide due to the plastic back. This is remedied by holding it in landscape profile, but that doesn't change the sound quality from the speakers.

The tablet supports the use of a Micro SD card for additional storage but you cannot use it for apps although im sure there is a workaround for this.

The screen is a huge disappointment. Text is not crisp and clear in comparison to other tablets within the same price bracket (go look at the kindle fire HD for example)

Samsung have severely underpowered this tablet as even the web browser struggles which is proba ly linked in to its shocking WiFi capabilites and range is the worst ive seen on any device. If I leave the room my wifi hub is in, 20 paces later and I have no signal strength at all. Even my 3 year old HTC mobile picks up full WiFi signal anywhere in the house !!!

The camera, pretty much as per all tablets is really poor, both front and back cameras. My wife has the galaxy s2 mobile which takes some pretty amazing photos so the camera on this tablet will simply not be used at all.

I really am dumbfounded by the 5 star reviews on here. And what surprises me more is that this is still selling for over £100 !

I bought my wife the Google Nexus 7, which for a little bit more money is lightning quick, the best screen and ppi count (pixels per inch) on any 7 inch tablet making the text extremely crisp and clear youd be amazed !

I'm not saying to go out and buy yourself a nexus 7 but what I am suggesting is to not waste your hard earned money on this Galaxy Tab 3. Shop around and please, please play around with various tablets before buying this.

hope you find this useful

1.0 out of 5 stars Great price and features.. But, do not let the battery run flat, 23 May 2014
Papalamour "papalamour" (caernarfon. Cymru/Wales) - See all my reviews
Set the device up, got it running and used it. Then left it over the weekend in the office.
Returned to find that it would not power up. Despite using the factory charger the unit is dead. Even after 12hrs of charging and holding power buttons down.. It does not start up.
From the forums this is not a one off. i.e. very common

4.0 out of 5 stars I love my Samsung tab, 17 Aug 2014
Abigail (Swindon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love my Samsung tab, its great for entertaining me on the go. The only downside was, my first Samsung tab stopped working literally overnight It was just over a year old, just wouldn't charge or turn on. I tried everything but nothing worked, luckily I got a 3 yr whatever happens plan (I was convinced I would drop it at some point) so I managed to get a replacement. It could have been an unfortunate faulty one but I'm very pleased I got my care plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this tablet had a problem after a few ..., 10 Sep 2014
Very pleased with this tablet had a problem after a few weeks of use the screen went blank but you could still hear the sound
Made a call to amazon they helped me contact samsung who were great the help and sevice that I received was outstanding
Everything fixed and working no problems since thankyou amazon thankyou samsung for a fast and problem free solution

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7-inch - (White, Wi-Fi)