5.0 out of 5 stars Pure excellence!
When it was taken off for review, i was worried that the one i ordered would arrive faulty. Amazon CS representative said he can inform the driver not to continue the delivery and return it to base for a instant refund. But i was brave and told him not to, and glad i did!
Arrived in perfect condition with all features working smoothly.
It is fast, responsive,...
Published 6 months ago by Edgars

I find that when I am on Skype the speakers aren't that clear. You only have one volume button.
Further more I love my tablet.
Published 6 months ago by Adriana Albertyn

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure excellence!, 27 Feb 2014
Edgars (Rossendale, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lenovo S6000 10.1-inch Tablet (Black) - (Quad Core 1.2GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 16GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, 2x camera, Android 4.2) (Personal Computers)
Arrived in perfect condition with all features working smoothly.
It is fast, responsive, light and paper thin.
Pre-installed apps are very useful and my favorite thing - nice folder widgets, preloaded and set on your desktop. No more cluttered screen, everything is neat and organized. Sure you can get apps to do that and download widgets separately, but it is time consuming and not always works the way you want. Top notch customization job there.

Performance is excellent for the price. It actually looks worse on paper than it actually is. After doing extensive benchmarks, it actually nearly matches Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and surpassing it in some aspects. Not "AS" good, but nearly there, and considering the price - it's impressive.
I have made comparisons with other tablets i've owned, my previous 10.1 tab which was far superior in specs (1.5Ghz Quad Core, 2GB DDRIII 1333 RAM, Mali 420Mhz QuadCore GPU) performed WORSE than this one. After doing some research and testing, and getting opinions from other tech-geeks i found out why. Because power is very efficiently balanced between the hardware. It is a thing where many tablets go wrong (budget tablets that is). And it is true, a proper and efficient power supply can boost your PC's performance, same applies here. Many don't realize that. It is not all about the hardware, if there's not a appropriate power distribution behind it, it literally performs poorly.

The sound is good. It is not excellent - sounds a bit "tinny" on max volume, not exactly Kindle Fire HD's dolby digital surround sound, but it is... good. Enough for watching youtube and a film here or there. No problems with headphones.

The 5MP camera does not excel in greatness. Takes a good photo if natural lighting (sun) is present, but not so well indoors with artificial light. My 5MP Nokia 520 takes a far superior picture, but then again, a tablet is not a digital camera or phone... It's main focus lies elsewhere.
Front cam is well... it is what it is. It is meant for webcam conversations and nothing more nothing less. Don't expect taking HD pictures of yourself for Facebook. Not meant for that.
If camera plays a big role in your everyday life, this is not for you, a 20 quid cheapo from Tesco does it better.

Battery - praised and worshiped. Never seen a battery on a budget 10.1 incher this good as of yet. It surpasses the big dog counterparts like Ipad, Samsung etc by a large margin. Due to the efficient pwr distribution which i stated earlier, it does very well at maintaining a charge even on full load. 300h+ in standby.
Nice little built-in feature is overnight auto-shutdown, and wake-up in the morning. Set its sleep and wake-up time - it will increase the battery duration even longer. Only charged it once in 3 days, and even then for about an hour and a half.
I'm not saying there aren't longer lasting devices out there, of course there are, but not for under 200 pounds. The new Lenovo Yoga can reach up to 20hrs on full load. But it also costs almost 3 times more.

Some cons are... Sometimes it's difficult to update the firmware. Lenovo download servers often are down or overloaded, which prevents the updates. But do not panic, it will work, just try in a few hours or a day, and off-peak time.
Switching from landscape-portrait is slightly twitchy, but it is understandable, since it doesn't have the greatest graphics unit in the world, but it is far from underperforming or annoying.

I've not encountered any problems other than these, but they are not such a big deal to reduce my rating. Even big brand products have their faults, and many of them.
So far, price/performance wise, this is more superior than any I-Pad or Galaxy. It is worth every single penny.

Of course, nobody is ever safe from a dud or faulty product, they exist, but reviews are not based upon the minority. So far it has met all my expectations and much more.

Kudos to Lenovo, great product overall.
Hope this helps your decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed At An Excellent Price, 9 Oct 2013
Andrew C (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought my first tablet earlier this year. I was looking for something to use when travelling/away to watch video, do some light browsing and use a handful of apps. I settled on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Despite the fact that it does everything expected with ease, upon delivery I have to admit I did not realise how small a 7 inch screen is. Thus, while the Tab 2 did the job, I really wanted a 10 inch tablet.

Enter the Lenovo IdeaTab S6000. It does all of the above, but is just so much better on a 10 inch screen. I find that the larger screen makes interaction with the device so much more fluid as it is very rare that you mis-touch an icon, app, link etc in comparison to the 7 inch screen. Also, battery is excellent which is important when travelling. Based on early experience, Lenovos' claims of 9 hours use off a full charge seem pretty accurate.

Ok, so the drawbacks (all minor for me). Processor speed and screen resolution are not up to some of the S6000s' more fashionable (and expensive) competitors. This is evident when rotating from landscape to portrait which is relatively slow and a little jumpy. However, other than this I've not noticed any other performance issues impeding my requirements of a tablet.

Another minor drawback is Lenovo's customisations to Android 4.2 which mean that it is only possible to have 2 screens to the left and 2 screens to the right of the home screen (making 5 screens in all). I believe it's impossible to add additional screens, unlike the Tab 2 and most other Android devices. However, at 56 apps per screen on the S6000, this should really not be an issue for anyone. Only other drawback is the lack of detailed documentation, either supplied or online.

I showed the S6000 to my 72 year old Dad last weekend, and it was a struggle to get it back. An absolute beginner re computers (struggles to use laptop), he found the device so easy to use.... watch movies, check news, view photos, he loved it. I'm going to buy another for him.

So, if you're looking for a 10 inch tablet, with Android 4.2 for basic use (browsing, email, video etc), while commuting/holidaying, at a very competitive price, you'll do well to beat the S6000. Of course, the specs of the iPad, Note 10.1, Nexus 10 etc are considerably better, but the prices are considerably higher. For me the S6000 does what it's 10 inch competitors do at half the price (or less in some cases).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value tablet, 23 Nov 2013
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The S6000 is a very good value tablet that handles most everyday task absolutely fine. Though how relevant it remains in the face of stiff competition from the likes of Amazon Kindle Fire's is questionable.

First off, it is very nicely made. It feels solid in hand yet light. It looks nice and comes bundled with the necessary cable and charging adaptor. Setup was a breeze and I already have a google account so I was up and running quite quickly.

Being a ten inch screen it has plenty of real estate for browsing/watching videos and being an IPS panel I found it both crisp and nice to look at.

Whilst not the cutting edge it is a quad core machine and handles web/apps and video with ease.

On the storage front it has 16 gb which should be enough, but should you start wanting to stick a load of vids/music etc on it the storage can be expanded by micro sd. There's also micro hdmi for hooking it up to a big screen.

It has front and rear cameras. The rear 5mp snapper didn't exactly blow me away, and it really struggled in low light. But to be fair I didn't expect much from it. The front camera was plenty for skype which the tablet handled nicely.

Once setup it prompted me to do a firmware upgrade which subsequently wiped my settings. Once re-entered it again found two more updates but they didn't interfere with my settings/installed programmes.

This was my first foray with Android having been an iOS user for some time and I must say I'm not a fan. Though what didn't help is Lenovo's customisations which I felt were unnecessary. I think if you could put stock Android on it, it would be a much nicer experience.

Overall I do think it is a good tablet at a great price. How much longer it stays relevant in the face of such stiff competition though is anyone's guess. Anyone looking for an above average tablet at a great price would do well with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch tablet, bargain price, 15 Nov 2013
AGH (Hamphsire UK) - See all my reviews
It's under 200.
It doesn't have a fancy apple retina display "just" a superbly crisp high contrast with rich black background IPS display.
Set brightness on 25%, install and run Kindle and set Kindle brightness to minimum and you have an eBook reader that's comfortable to read on for hours.
I've had retina display iPads in my hands before and can't really se a difference in quality with this.
The Lenovo is slick and fast transitioning between landscape and portrait modes very smoothly. Touch screen is responsive and the case design good for the price.
You have to be really picky to consider the case sub standard compared to more expensive iPad etc.
The whole family loved the Lenovo straight away. One of my all time favorite computing devices and I've encountered thousands in my 23 years as an IT consultant.
You don't have to be a technical expert to use these things I hasten to add.
That is part of the appeal of tablet computers in general, simpler and easier to understand than a conventional computer.
Simply brilliant.
You can spend two, three or more times this amount on a tablet computer but you don't need to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 7 Nov 2013
First android item I have purchased and very pleased. Well made Tablet nicely presented and producing at least 9 hours between charges... unfortunately as per usual a bit light on the instruction manual side, and I include in that the download version. Good clear screen plus back and front camera, sound surprisingly reasonable and a perfect little skype machine. So easy to handle and operate, mine is used by the 3 yr. old grandson and the 97 yr. old mother-in-law (although they do argue a lot about who's turn it is) -WARNING DO YOUR ANDROID SOFTWARE UPDATE BEFORE LOADING ANYTHING as you will otherwise find all you have put on is wiped out!

3.0 out of 5 stars This is my first tablet. Nice size for my hand bag. I use it all day long., 21 Feb 2014
Further more I love my tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vey good value for money, 13 Jun 2014
D. Sammut (Attard, Malta) - See all my reviews
I bought the Lenovo S6000 as a present. I own an iPad3 and was initially sceptical that such a cheap tablet could match an Apple product. However, on trying the Lenovo, I was surprised to find that it is extremely responsive. The screen is sharp enough to watch videos comfortably. The sound is not bad either. All in all, it is a good, no-nonsense tablet that can easily compete with other more expensive models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 17 Dec 2013
I am very pleased with this Tablet. It does what I need and more. It was also cost effective. Easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tablet for the price, 31 Dec 2013
patrick macmahon (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I picked up this tablet for 159.99 at Curry's (list price 169.99, but they price-matched Argos) to replace a broken Motorola Xoom. For that price, I don't think you'll find a better 10 inch tablet - sure, there are better available if you double the price, but for most people, I imagine the Lenovo will do the job. Ours is mainly used for watching video (both on device and through TV), reading emails, magazines, books, etc, a bit of photo-editing with PS touch, games for the kids.

Good points:
Updates to Android 4.2.2, and you can disable all the lenovo/norton bloatware (in Applications Manager, within settings)
Quad core processor seems to zip along fine (I don't play high-end games, but things the kids like (Angry birds, bad piggies, etc) run smoothly)
Expandable memory with micro-SD - I swapped the one from my Xoom - everything available immediately
Micro HDMI slot - can plug straight into our telly with a 2 cable. I recommend VLC player - it'll play any video you throw at it.
On the go cable (cheaply available) allows transfer of photos from camera SD card. Haven't tested this with an external hard drive, but I imagine it would work.
Battery life is excellent - with moderate use, it needs charging every 3 or 4 days.

Bad points:
Although it has Android 4.2.2, there is no facility for separate user accounts (as on the Nexus 7). This is the one area I am disappointed in, as the additional user accounts and restricted profiles on the Nexus are really useful for a family device.
Screen resolution is low compared to higher-end (and higher priced) devices. That said, the screen is bright and clear, and perfectly sharp as far as I'm concerned.
Only 1GB RAM, which seems low these days, but I've not noticed any performance issues. Lower resolution screen requires less RAM though, which perhaps explains negligible effect on performance.

All in all, I think this tablet offers the best 'bang for your buck' (to coin an awful American phrase) of any 10 inch tablet on the market in the UK. Unless you absolutely must have the highest spec out there, you won't go far wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo Tablet (10.1 inch), 7 Dec 2013
Ideal size, very slim and light, good graphics, all very positive, only that would have been helpful is a manual rather a tiny instruction leaflet.