on 9 December 2013
I originally bought the Ideatab A2107 from Amazon but experienced problems with serious screen disruption whilst trying to use hotmail/outlook via Chrome browser. Thankfully Amazon agreed to replace the unit but, sadly exactly the same problem manifested itself on the replacement. So, back went tablet number two. As I felt that Amazon had been very fair and, done their best to ensure customer satisfaction, I'd hoped to buy an Ideatab A3000 from them. However, by the time my refund had been confirmed, the price had soared to over £160.00! I was therefore forced to shop around and, eventually bought one on line through John Lewis at the VERY competitive price of £99.95. The A3000 is a huge improvement on the A2107. The quad core processor and more up-to-date version of the Android O/S make this a much faster machine and, more importantly very stable! I'm not bothered about the lack of 3G, I don't feel that this option is worth the considerable price premium but, I believe that Lenovo do make a 7" tablet with that option. If you can get the A3000 for under £100.00 you'll have picked up a bargain.
on 4 January 2014
Great tablet arrived quickly and was a very reasonable price for a tablet. Its fast and accurate do'es what I expect of it. Would recommend it to anyone.
on 13 December 2013
These sold like hot cakes on Black Friday. The build quality is excellent and is plenty fast enough to handle browsing the internet, watching video and catch up TV and playing games. I bought a case that includes a handy usb keyboard which compliments the tablet perfectly and performs like a netbook with a touchscreen.
on 29 December 2013
I didn't want a tablet. I hate the idea of being a slave to my email and other technology, and am infuriated by people who play with their smartphones and iPads at dinner.

But because I occasionally travel for work, and I don't have a smartphone, I do sometimes feel the need for up to date travel information, answer that emergency email, or have the ability to book tickets online, without having to drag my laptop around with me.

As a staunch Apple fan the obvious choice was an iPad but there were two issues. The smallest iPad available was not as small as this 7" Idea, and was more than twice the price. For the limited use I wanted from the tablet (ie no 3G) I could not justify the extra expense of the iPad. However, I was still nervous at deserting Apple for the first time in my technolife, despite being reassured that Lenovo have a great reputation.

No worries - this little Idea is brilliant. For a start, the Android OS is obviously modelled on the Apple, so I worked out how everything happens very easily, without recourse to the manual.

The quality and simplicity is superb. The screen is bright and definition is very clear, and the system works intuitively, even for the uninitiated in the ways of tablets.

Basically I downloaded Firefox, and then easily added a slew of apps I know will be useful to me. It was also very simple to remove pre-installed apps I know I'll never use (games, office packages) to free some space. I ditched all the stuff I won't need, and added all the stuff I think I will, until now I basically have my Mac operating on a Lenovo tablet at a fraction of the price. Also got a great case with it that allows it to be propped up at an angle.

Having seen other reviews, I think I'll invest in a screen guard, but as a devoted Apple user, I can strongly recommend the Lenovo Idea as a completely usable and enjoyable alternative. If I'd known it was this good, I would have asked for one sooner!
on 15 February 2014
Very impressive tablet, had a few top branded tablets now and this is best by far, very smooth between functions, no issues with freezing and no issues with programs not responding, very fast processing enables you to play all the top games from Google store, the device is very well made and robust, has been dropped a couple of time, even on hard flooring and to my surprise not even a mark! Top job Lenovo
on 4 November 2013
I had a previous verion of this tablet running gingerbread and at the time it was the best value for the features it had and although there is more competition now this is still true for this model.I read some professional reviews and compared to other tablets it doesn't have the fastest processor or the best HD screen. I haven't found this to be a problem, it's plenty fast enough and the screen is also great, bright and clear. I don't think anyone buys a tablet to watch films so not having highest quality HD shouldn't be an issue for most people. Other tablets that have better screens don't have capacity for extra memory or GPS and cost a lot more. With this you get a good all rounder with ability to add extra memory up to 64GB, GPS that works, can connect USB devices, e-mail, internet , e-reader etc all for less than £150.00. Only reason I can't give 5 stars is it wasn't clear when buying this that this does not have the slots for sim cards. This isn't an issue for me as it wasn't a feature I wanted but if it is for you then you'll be dissapointed which is what I think the previous reviewer was trying to say!
66 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2014
Item purchased as a Christmas present. Packaging & delivery was excellent, but unfortunately the item proved to be faulty and needed to be exchanged. Replacement was extremely prompt and the replacement is working extremely well. If that remains to be the case it will prove to be an excellent buy for the the price; under £100
on 8 January 2014
Bought this tablet for my girlfriend for Christmas. Very happy with the purchase, the tablet is well made, has excellent screen resolution and is very responsive. Great value for money, would recommend to anyone looking to get a small tablet.
on 3 November 2014
Bought this a while ago (not via Amazon) worked ok but could not get BBC i-player to work without it freezing ok lived with that - but a few months ago it kept coming up with insufficent internal memory for e-mails to work - ok got a 32gb sd card and moved all apps that I could, e-mail worked for a few weeks then the same thing - deleted a few apps - ok for a few weeks them the same thing - uninstalled updates same thing again - I am adding NO new apps or pictures video/films etc it is just chewing up its internal memory as it sits there - nothing else I can do now so it is basically useless to me - am going to talk to the shop I bought it from as I think it must be faulty (No help on the Lenovo site for users).
on 13 December 2013
A brilliant tablet only let down by a slightly below par resolution and slightly less colourful than other screen types.

I ordered the 3g version and this was initially let down by the fact that 3g is only for data and sms text.
I wanted to use this tablet to make phone calls and found that there is plenty of help out there on the internet to transform these tablets into very cheap Phablets.

This really transforms this tablet into a phablet now, having the ability to make phone calls.

Now I can look like Dom Jolly !

Brilliant product and the battery lasts a very long time.

Playing video is no problem, even hd video plays fine.
There is not much that this tablet cannot do (once the sim cards are in).

So just a tip, if you want data anywhere, any place AND use as a phone, get the 3g version for another £20 to £40 more. it's well worth it.
amazingly cheap for a phablet, I cant help think Lenovo are not marketing the 3g version properly.