Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 6 March 2014
Quick and easy to use computer, a slightly more cramped keyboard than I'm used to, but am getting used to it. There are some software glitches with Windows 8, though: the camera conks out after a while, telling me it is in use by another application when it isn't, the internet cuts out and I've to re-connect frequently, which often interrupts the necessary downloads. The company also try to make me spend more money - when trying to read a pdf document it offers trials for nitropro then tries to sell it for £100 + when adobe reader works just as well for what I want and is free, and myriad programs pop up and tell me I haven't backed up and pay them some dosh and they'll help me. So these teething problems are a bit irritating and unnecessary, but I'm sure the irritation will be worth it as the machine itself is fast, a big improvement on my last one, and looks quite sturdy.
on 29 November 2013
Although I'm a bit of a techno-phobic and nearing my eighties I love working with this laptop even though I'm not familiar with windows 8 I'm getting round it gradually. My last Lenovo laptop was so good I didn't hesitate for long on replacing it with a newer model. It is robust, has clear on screen display ( except for the written instructions which are very small) and good colours,the keyboard is comfortable ( being ergonomic) and quiet. However I do need to use it for a longer period of time to test how long the battery will last. If it lasts and is as good as my previous machine I will be pleased.
on 15 November 2013
This Computer and model was recommended to me by the Technician who tried to repair my old computer - and told me, given its age, it was time for a change - for price and functions and memory it was the best at the price, she said. So it has proved. !!! Living without your computer is not easy but you delivered it bang on time Amazon.

Thank you.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2014
This laptop i received is a g500 not a g500s as advertised when i ordered it. It is exactly the same but very heavy and not touchscreen but same price!
on 1 April 2014
As per their terms, they take no responsibility for warranty problems after 30 days - you need to return to manufacturer. Nearest one to gloucester is Birmingham!!
Oh and that's if first you can jump through all the hoops they have set to return it - because the approved return center only deals with Think pad - so I feel been set a mission and at this stage I'm unsure if Im up to the task.
It was a Christmas present that's turned into a headache - it is assumed I have so much time on my hands I can spend time going through the maze they have set to get it repaired and travel 100 miles round trip.
i wish I never brought it - paid extra for an apple mac.
Never again will I buy Lenovo or use this reseller - problem flickering screen - be a loose connection some where - very poor QC
on 16 December 2013
Fast, no issues, Win 8 seems ok (just get use to it...).
Build quality seems good, not too heavy, really can't fault it.
on 6 November 2013
arrived early morning on the delivery date...excellent, I don't think the images on line do it justice the base looks bulkier than it actually is.

easy to plug in and switch on, step by step instructions v easy to follow.

Little fiddly for the internet connection as I'm not used to such light touch keyboard and mouse pad...!

rated it 4 as all is well however windows 8 is frustrating looking for to how to log off on apps especially Skype. Still working on the camera as the image wasn't good when I tried Skype.
0Comment16 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2014
I am really annoyed as I have only had my laptop for 4 months. It is not working at all. When I swith it on the lights come on but the screen stays dark. It is hard to believe that this can happen only after 4 months. I use my laptop for everyday use. If possible I am going to deman a refund because this has happened.
on 15 May 2014
it's light, the screen is quite big. the keyboard is okay, though nothing compared to the thinkpads. all in all it's good value for money computer. if you're looking for a computer to move around with you frequently though, i'd recommend a smaller one.
on 4 January 2014
Wished I had found the model of your laptop that runs on Windows 8.1. I wave been told that they are fantastic My brother in law has one and if he says that about any computer then it is fantastic he should know above all.
He has been at the cutting edge of computer imports from the USA for over the last twenty five years for a very large user in this country.
PLEASE PLEASE,
Can your company find out how I would go about getting my computer upgraded to Windows 8.1I know that you need the programme details licence wise to facilitate my operation taking place. Please can you answer this query or I find any supply for all my goods that I have purchased your company over the last five or six years, if you add it up it it's quite a large bit of cash. Would it be the firm that supplied on your behalf it's narrowing down the answer to my question.