5.0 out of 5 stars Takes getting used to but is very fast and efficient
I hadn't initially thought much of the laptop, since I needed it for uni assignments more than anything else, but having used it the past few weeks, it's grown on me and won me over.

Published 14 months ago by Yaya

3.0 out of 5 stars It works
Published 12 months ago by Munker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes getting used to but is very fast and efficient, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G500S 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) - (Intel Pentium 2020M 2.4GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, BT, Intregrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

The laptop has a good build quality, and is surprisingly light, considering it's 15.6 inches. The keyboard is light and doesn't require too much effort or force, and has a nice 'clicking' sound. On the keyboard, the F1 etc buttons are made the secondary function so you have to press the 'Fn' key to access F1, F2 et al. What you can do instead, is adjust volume, brightness, airplane mode etc with one press using the top buttons, which makes it easier if your eyes are straining or you need a quick mute.

In-built bluetooth functionality is good, though it takes a bit of getting used to as the window doesn't pop open straight away. It also has an SD card reader which is brilliant for myself.

There is also an option to back-up the entire system, either on the laptop or externally. I have done it one externally but keep forgetting to do it regularly, something which I would recommend especially if you're a heavy user of Word like I am.

The battery life is good: I can use it for about two (maybe three) hours before it needs charging again.

Windows 8 is easy to use, and I've quickly picked up a few tricks to move through the screens. If you despise the start screen, you can easily rectify it by putting all your icons on the desktop, though it makes the desktop incredibly cluttered and messy.

My only gripe about the laptop is that it can run a little hot around the mouse pad sometimes, but that's to be expected.

Overall, I think for the price and the specs, it's a worthwhile investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of the Lenovo G500 15.6-inch Laptop and the seller, 25 May 2014
I ordered this around noon of and was contacted soon after by the seller soon after. They informed me that the advertised information was incorrect and that it was G500 for sale ( The only difference between the two is the tracking in the G500s is better). After confirmation I received the laptop the next day.
Customer service - 5 star
The laptop received is higher quality than you would expect for his price. While it is not the most aesthetically pleasing laptop, it can run Total war Rome II on low graphics and DOTA 2 on the highest graphics at around 60fps, making it more than fit for the purpose of gaming. The internal fan, while not silent, is incredibly quiet while still keeping the laptop below lukewarm (something that I consider witchcraft). My only qualm involving either software or hardware is that it came with McAfee central pre-installed, something that is notoriously hard to remove compared to how effectively it works as an antivirus.
The laptop itself is all externally a very solid plastic. The keyboard is nice and springy, meaning you know if you have clicked a key or not making it satisfying to type with. The laptop lid, while still plastic, has a nice weaved texture to it.#
Product - 5 stars for the price sold.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A MACHINE!!, 16 Nov 2013
RAMBLER (BELFAST N IRELAND) - See all my reviews
this laptop is brilliant value for money - it has loads of great features,. It was purchased for doing exam course work but there are so many things on it I cant leave it alone.. Good sized screen and loads of memory.

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly what it said in the advert, 9 Dec 2013
Very good laptop and well packaged easily updated to windows 8.1 only problem is the space bar needs a firm press

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 7 Dec 2013
Finally bought a laptop and I am really pleased with this model. The only problem is Windows 8, but it is difficult to avoid that now so, persevering with it and getting there slowly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly at first but now very happy, 24 Mar 2014
Had a scary few hours when I opened this to set it up for my daughters Christmas gift. The touch screen didn't respond at all! After some internet searching and using the trouble shooter I got it all going and since then it's been fine. Came installed with Windows 8 which is nasty and no one likes it but with a touch screen it is bearable. Fast Laptop, daughter loves it, connect sto wifi no problem, speakers good, microphone works. All good. we got it at a good price too.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, 5 Dec 2013
It hasn't crashed yet which is a really big recommendation over my previous machine (which is why I ordered this one in the first place). It's slimmer than I expected which is neither here nor there since I don't travel with my laptop. Two primary concerns -- the keyboard seems to jump a lot so that I'll be typing in one place and suddenly the cursor moves. I've typed on laptops for 20 years now and this is the first once it's happened to me with so I don't think I'm hitting the trackpad with my wrist. I've nearly lost paragraphs by accident. Also, doesn't seem to be much in the way of media control keys like pause, skip track, stop. You do get volume controls but more would be very practical. (If I'm wrong and a blind idiot, please let me know.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Computer and 5star customer service from supplier Digital Components Ltd, 30 Dec 2013
"Laptop arrived on time. Had to liaise with suppliers Digital Components Ltd to resolve an issue and I found their customer service to be of the highest level. They were prompt in responding and resolved my small problem immediately. I am very pleased with my dealings with Digital Components Ltd and would be confident in dealing with them again in the future. Top notch laptop as well, very pleased with purchase, super fast, large hard drive, light weight, great graphics; should last me years. No complaints. If you're looking to purchase this machine I would strongly recommend Digital Components Ltd as a very reliable supplier"

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenevo G500S 64 bit laptop, 23 Dec 2013
My old Vista laptop was becoming out of date and slow so time to upgrade. A little research on the web told me that the experts were recommending the Lenevo. I looked for a Lenevo with 64 bit, i5 processor, and a large hard drive.
I use the thing rather a lot so figured that saving £50 was not important, you will remember the quality long after you have forgotten the price.
This is not as heavy as my old HP and runs a huge amount faster, the start up is amazing. I do like the battery life, I normally just plug into the mains but in this case, it's easy to increase the brightness of the display and still have lots of life in the battery.
My only dislike is "Windows eight". I have now almost got the hang of it and expect the future upgrades will sort some of the remaining issues, I did , at one point, think that I would install "Windows seven", Microsoft's best operating system but finally decided that it was time to move forward and tough it out. Great computer, shame about the software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo G500s Laptop, 19 Dec 2013
I am very happy with my new laptop which is fast and the keyboard is user friendly. The screen is clear and the battery life seems to be good - it will last several hours. It is taking me time to get my head around the new Windows 8 but that is just time and practice to work out how to get to where you want and its all based on Apps. I would recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›