5.0 out of 5 stars My review after having it for 24 hours:
Build quality: Pretty good, although inferior to Macbook Pro/Air aluminium body. Really like the leather/rubberised texture over the area where the hand rests. Some reports of the rubberised coating or orange paint peeling around the edges after a few months, which Lenovo does not cover under warranty as it is considered wear and tear, will need to wait and see...
Published 20 months ago by dthom12

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT EVER! NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND TIME...
Would not recommend anybody buying this laptop. It worked fine for the first 6 month then started to get display glitching problems, charger port issues, hard drive problems, charger issues, overall it worked with all this problems even after several attempts of fixing it, for a year and a half then just shut down automatically one day on me. making me lose everything on...
Published 3 months ago by friitz

3.0 out of 5 stars it is a tablet, 4 Dec. 2014
i didn't know that the windows was not a real windows, i don't like this lenovo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchscreen ultrabook, 30 May 2013
Excellent machine, met all my expectations. Just got my Which magazine that gives it a best buy rating, cant argue !

1.0 out of 5 stars Screen failed (was Powerful and beautiful but ignore the web cam gestures gimmick), 12 July 2013
Ian Channing - See all my reviews
**Update**: The laptop screen failed on me after 6 days. It only displays vertical lines now. I found from the lenovo forum that I am not the first person this has happened to (search for 'Lenovo Yoga 13 Screen is not working' in the Lenovo forums). I'm sending it to the be fixed by Lenovo. I've never had a laptop fail like this so it makes me really question how reliable the machine will be.

The combination of i7 and SSD make this phenomenally fast to boot up. My simple stopwatch tests had it at 8s from turned off to being at the login screen. Booting from hibernate is actually about the same speed, where as for booting from sleep it is 1s. So you're actually talking about equivelent speeds to what you'd get on an iPad.

My fundamental reasons for choosing this laptop were the i7 processor and SSD hard-drive. The best thing to buy with this laptop is a USB 3 external hard drive. Then all your Windows backups are on a separate system which won't die if the laptop dies.

You should definitely try buying the orange version rather than the silver version, the colour of the orange is a fantastic burnt orange colour which is simply gorgeous.

I find the keyboard layout a bit difficult to use - I don't like the small Enter button and I keep hitting other keys when I'm trying press the shift key.

The touch screen is brilliant. The second you can just push with your finger where you mean on the screen the mouse pad becomes becomes almost obsolete. Which is good because I haven't been very impressed with the mouse pad. I find that it is neither very accurate and I've still yet to figure out and gestures using it.

The screen resolution is also brilliant with 1600x900 that far outstrips almost any other 13" windows laptop, which is a major advance, but still a long way behind the retina screens. You do face the problem at first though that everything on the screen is quite small which makes it a bit harder to point with your stubby fingers.

Don't be fooled by the webcam 'gestures' gimmick. It just sucks. I had Tom Cruise in Minority Report pictured in my head when I read about it, but what you actually end up doing is feebly waving in front of the web cam trying to figure out if it works or not.
1. It only works with about 9 applications (e.g. Windows Photo Viewer and Adobe reader) and it only works in the desktop part of Windows 8 not with any of the 'Tiles'.
2. It relies on the web cam being able to see you and the webcam sucks at night time. I first tried using it at night in a perfectly well lit room - but the webcam litteraly just displays a black screen of what it can see. So when I was pathetically waving my hand it couldn't even see my hand.
3. I like the fact that its a new piece of technology but its a pretty poorly developed one. There's very little User Experience testing gone into it.
4. You have to be right by the screen to get the gestures to work so you might as well swipe the screen
5. There's always a distinct lag as it tries to figure out if you actually meant to gesture or not
6. You end going backwards and forwards as you move your hand back to gesture forwards once more
7. Swiping a photo across a screen makes logical sense, waving some where above a photo to get it to move across just doesn't make logical sense

The tablet side is also let down by Windows 8 itself, which is not lenovo's fault but still makes the product a bit disappointing. All the swipe gestures on the screen are hard to figure out. Getting at the silly hidden menus on the left and right of the screen really takes practice. Frankly Windows 8 touch interface sucks in comparison to the iPad interface. I try to zoom in on a web page as you would with a mobile or any other tablet and just nothing happens. So you're in this kind of Microsoft pseudo world of where they've decided what tablet gestures should work or not. You never really know whether if a gesture you expect to work will actually do something. Its stuff like this that made people think that tablets were useless when Microsoft first tried to bring out a tablet years ago. There's no joy in using the software because it never quite works properly.

The separation between the Windows 'Tiles' and actual Windows programs is another jarring problem. For example if you install the Dropbox 'app' all you get is a fancy interface to their website (i.e. Dropbox mobile). But you actually want Dropbox proper on your laptop so you need to install Dropbox via the desktop. Then you end up with two ways of looking at Dropbox, so the 'app' just becomes useless.

Sometimes also the Windows 8 metro interface just doesn't work. When you first get the laptop you obviously have to install lots of Windows updates, but at some point the metro interface just gets stuck in a loop of checking for updates but never finding them. You then have to figure out how to get to Windows Update the old way. You can't as you would do with Windows 7 just type 'Update' from the start screen because that sends you down the metro route. You first have to search for 'Control Panel' which opens in desktop mode and then search for the updates via there. Its all a bit ridiculous.

So beware the laptop world and the tablet world really don't mix very well. Apple did it the correct way which is to make the iPad a big iPhone. Microsoft have tried to go the other way and make a cut down laptop, which doesn't really work.

So buy this if you want a laptop with benefits, but buy an iPad with a keyboard if you want a tablet with benefits. I've realised this review actually quite closely mirrors the Ars Technica review ('A good Ultrabook, a bad tablet: the Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 13 review') - I'd post the link if I could.

5.0 out of 5 stars First laptop ever bought, 4 Jan. 2014
As a mature immature 42 yr old physiotherapy student, I needed a laptop. My 16 yr old son helped my check the reviews on YouTube and all rated Lenovo yoga as brilliant.
I am not very good with technology and its taken me a while to work round all the functions, this is due to being old (I have a cse in typewriting tho!) as my son and partner can whizz round it.
I like how I can change from laptop to tablet when watching I player or YouTube for my studies. I esp like the tough screen and the size of Lenovo. Windows 8 hasn't been a problem for me either which is a surprise given my experience with computers. Yes I would recommend the Lenovo yoga. Price was really good value too (£380).

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what it is meant to do, 15 Oct. 2013
Just got the orange model for 359 pounds for my daughter who just started university. She has a very powerful and a bit heavier laptop and needed a laptop for when she is in class or at the library. I contemplated a Macbook Air but she didn't want to relinquish her other laptop and I told her that there was no way she was going to have two full featured laptops (I am still sort of a boss, occasionally). So really, this Lenovo product with infinite battery life (she spoke of 71% battery left at the end of her day, with luminosity cranked up) and Office included while only being a secondary machine fit the bill perfectly.

Update: My daughter tells me that the trackpad hangs from time to time

1.0 out of 5 stars 11 inch yoga review, 15 Oct. 2013
Don't do it-it's great for the first two minutes, when you have the thrill of having a laptop-then a tablet-then a laptop again, but when you actually get down to using it as a laptop it's slow and laggy, then when you have it as a tablet it's heavy and awkward to hold. It can't handle having more than two tabs open, and can't load a video longer than 5 minutes long.
Windows RT is the worst operating system windows has ever though of- you're stuck with internet explorer- which is a nightmare, you can't get iTunes, which makes my ipod useless as to getting music onto it, and finally you're stuck to the basically empty windows store.
One piece of advise-get a different laptop, of spend more money to get the 13 inch one.

1.0 out of 5 stars It was not properly disclosed that this laptop is running on Windows RT, 9 Sept. 2013
Headline is mentioning Windows 8, which is not true. It should be clearly labelled for consumers and feels like mis-selling.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good buy, 16 Nov. 2013
Dont buy an Ultrabook they are terrible , the support is just as bad, I paid a lot of money for mine and it hasnt been worth it at all plus the support is awful purposly designed to be difficult and complicated, thier website is a good example of this. After a windows update non of my video apps now work have tried contacting Lenovo through several different ways and just been ignored, if the problem is not fixed I will be sending this product back and get a chrome book