4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable
I enjoyed reading this book because it reminds me so much of Faith Addis' "Down to Earth" books which began with "The Year of the Cornflake". (Unfortunately the tv series "Down to Earth" was not good).

Published 6 months ago by sos

3.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a smallholder
What a lot of work this couple did in changing from townies to the owners of livestock and later gardeners. Rather more an overview than diary, it sometimes skimmed over periods,when more detail would have been interesting. A good guide to the amount of effort required for this sort of life.
Published 5 months ago by Mrs. Linda Tucker

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)

Also I identify a lot with the happenings in the book which mirror my own experiences during the same time period 1978 onwards. Full of a lot of nostalgia and useful info too if you are thinking of doing similar. Well written in a very engaging way, with some good photos at the end, I would imagine Susie would be a very interesting person to know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great goats and great garden tales, 10 May 2014
traveller "pammy" (northampton england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the writing style of Susie Williams. So many people recounting personal tales don't have the knack of making them interesting or readable.
Susie has a talent and told the story of her growing interest in goats and how her garden evolved very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read., 1 May 2014
Mrs. M. P. Itman (SPAIN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book was one I didn't put down till finished.
would recommend this for anyone thinking of goat keeping good fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
Well done to you and your family this was a great in sight how you can change your life if you have the nerve to do it I couldn't put this book Down I kept wondering were or what you'd be upto next x

3.0 out of 5 stars Diary of a smallholder, 2 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad and lovely, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
I found this a lovely read of things that I would have liked to do if life spared me the time

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes me realise I like being a 'townie', 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
This book was interesting, and sounds like real hard work. I've read several similar reality books, such as Driving over Lemons, and this is as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating story of a family of townies creating their own good life, 31 July 2013
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
Well written story. Reading it on a kindle I couldn't view the photographs until the end which was slightly frustrating . However I really enjoyed the book and am in awe of how much of the good life it was possible to achieve whilst still working as teachers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 9 July 2013
M Bainbridge "Marie B" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, although I am usually more of a fiction reader. It is well written and engrossing, taking the reader through all the pleasures and pitfalls of embarking on a totally different way of life. From one chapter to the next, I felt I was sharing the author's learning curve, participating and engaging in her day to day experiences. What I liked most about "From Goats To A Garden" is the optimistic, upbeat and frequently humorous tone prevailing, despite the often less than favourable circumstances.

As I finished the book, I was left with nothing but admiration for people like Susie and her husband who are not afraid of taking risks - to say nothing of the hard work involved - in order to pursue a dream and provide a better environment in which to raise a family. Notwithstanding the fact that it reinforced my nagging suspicions I will always be a "townie", it made a surprising and very pleasant change from my normal fare. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Country Eye opener, 21 July 2013
This review is from: From Goats to a Garden (Kindle Edition)
KI thoroughly enjoyed this book.Not my style as a rule, this took me into the country and introduced me to smallholding life.By the end , I was there.

From Goats to a Garden