4.0 out of 5 stars Superbowl
Published 5 months ago by Crookedmouth

3.0 out of 5 stars not for porridge
cant do microwave porridge in this - it just bubbles up over the top. however its very good for soup etc. if you need a sistema bowl for microwaving porridge then just by the one described as a noodle bowl - its tall enough so that porridge doesnt bubble over.I have both to me the names should be changed!
Published 5 months ago by Mrs. E. Kerr

4.0 out of 5 stars Superbowl, 12 Feb 2014
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
I got one of these after seeing one in the tea room at work and it seems like an excellent idea to me. A large bowl type thing with a securely sealable leak-proof lid so you can transport hot porridge or soup safely. OK so it's not perfectly leak proof and you won't be able to carry it full in your backpack without leakage, but for MOST pueposes it's quite adequate. The lid also has a pressure valve so you can micro-nuke your brekky with the lid on, which saves on splashes and overflows and speeds up the cooking process. The bowl is quite big enough for a large portion of porridge or a can/carton of soup.

The stickers come off easily without leaving a residue. My only complaint is that I'd like a choice of colours.

Perfect for my hot breakfast at work.

I notice that some reviewers are having problems where the porridge boils up and through the vent hole. This has also happened to me, mainly when I try and cook a larger portion. For small portions it's not a problem. Now, I nuke the porridge for about 2m on a medium power, stopping to stir a couple of times. I then let the porridge sit, cooking in its own heat for a couple of minutes more. The results seem OK to me. Another tip is to use porridge sachets which I include lecithin in the ingredients. This helps to stop the porridge boiling over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product would recommend, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this to cook my morning instant porridge. It does this well and quickly but does tend to leak from air vent in lid if using full power so I use without or use for longer on mid power. Great for heating leftovers such as lasagne or cottage pie.
Downside: isn't leakproof so don't put liquids in then travel.

3.0 out of 5 stars not for porridge, 16 Feb 2014
Mrs. E. Kerr "Eekie" (Glasgow,Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
I just love Sistema products ... so many of us have them at work to heat up our soup at lunch time. I think this is a better shape for soup than the cup.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, I am lazy, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
Love this product. Put porridge in the bowl, add milk, put in the microwave and get the paper from the postbox. Gather the porridge bowl, a spoon and the paper and head back upstairs for a leisurely breakfast is bed. The bowl has a cover, so no fear of tripping over the cat resulting in sticky porridge over the carpets. Washes up easily, without the need to load in the dishwasher. it is also quite cheery on a dull morning, and the handle is good to hold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee bowl, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
I find this bowl great for making porridge and with the vent on the lid is good and so easy to clean .

5.0 out of 5 stars Sistema porridge bowl, 8 Mar 2014
Carol W "C W" (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
I have porridge most mornings and have been using a measuring jug - this meant I either ate it from the jug or spooned it into a bowl after microwaving it, when I saw the sistema porridge bowl I liked the idea of a lid to prevent any spillage and after using it for a while I am happy to say it works for me, I make my porridge with water & oats, it takes less than 2 minutes to cook, never any spillage and I can add my fruit and a bit of honey and eat straight from the bowl - very easy to wash up and ready for the next morning, would buy another if I had to, does what it's supposed to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
Can find no fault with it.It does what it is supposed to do.I am very impressed.Would recommend,gladly.I am very pleased.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what says it does, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
Don't buy this to cook porridge in. I have the soup version which I have used a lot and is great - but when you cook porridge in this the porridge bubbles up and spurts out of the top.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good for porridge, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sistema Porridge Bowl (Kitchen & Home)
these bowls are generally great if using for soup etc, however for porridge they are rubbish as I found that the porridge rises and comes out of the vent at the top. Waste of money better of just using a bowl.

Sistema Porridge Bowl