Colour Name: Black|Change
Price:£159.99+ £4.16 shipping

on 7 December 2013
I did a lot of research before getting this and decided this was 'the one.' At first, it didnt strike me as being very intuitive - how to use some of the apps, change the settings etc, but after a couple of weeks, I loved it. The screen is a great size, small enough to pop into a pocket but big enough for me to invest in the excellent hands free HTC earphones, so that I never need to take it out of my pocket for a call and can use the screen 'on the go' to view emails, internet etc. I'm still findings lots of great settings along the way and it's definately a phone I will grow into. I also invested in the HTC flip case and would say that this is one of the best cases I have ever used - I had ordered gel cases, but in the end use the flip one, it keeps the case from feeling bulky, I can stand it up to view video clips and it keeps the screen clean with the inbuilt cover. Very happy with the purchase.
on 15 November 2013
As said before this is my first smartphone. I made the choice after research and settled on the 1 mini. This feels and looks quality, like a functional design icon! I am still getting to grips with the phones full functions but I have managed quite well for a newbie. One thing to note is the non extendable storage which is fixed at 16gb but i tend to upload my photos to my laptop and cloud based storage so this is not an issue for me. I have had to put a rubber sleeve on my phone as it is very slippy and could be easily dropped!
I have quite poor eyesight but the screen color and clarity is great and one of the things I was most pleased with. I now only use my old laptop for looking at photos and the HTC 1 mini has replaced my laptop, camera, old phone in one beautiful piece of kit- great looking and functionality in one (mini) package!
on 24 May 2014
The phone works very well, but for no apparent reason cracks appear in the sides. Does not seem to affect the performance of the phone, but considering the cost of the phone HTC have used very poor quality materials in its construction.
on 19 March 2014
Really good phone. Very light and fits into jackets and or trouser pockets well. Has a nicer look than the iPhone. Great sound for music and takes some reasonably good pictures too. And, works well as a phone.
on 22 July 2015
One of the worst phones I've ever owned. I like the size but it is unbelievably fragile and temperamental and has been more trouble than it's worth. To be fair to HTC, their customer service is good but after being returned four times I've had enough and it's only just over a year old. It's slow, goes through the battery in no time at all, it's had three new chassis due to cracking, three batteries, a new camera, a new back and a new speaker. It handles apps very slowly, apps crash, don't open etc., Google Maps in particular. The last straw is now a broken screen. After all the trouble I'm not going to get it fixed but instead bin it and put it down as a mistake. £300 wasted.
on 7 January 2014
Having owned Blackberry, HTC Desire Z, Sonim and Sony Ericsson in the past this is my first true smartphone. Android is intuitive, with swype, email setup, social media all getting along nicely at great speed. Equally the Bluetooth, Wifi and 4G features all work as expected. Smartphones are fast becoming more like desktop PC's and unless you're running high end video or music apps, you simply won't notice any difference between the speed of this phone and any other smartphone of a similar type. PDF and other office documents are displayed as they should be with no loss of information.
The touch screen interface is responsive and not too much. The only issue with this is when typing text messages and I want to return to the start of the message to add something. It simply will not let me jump to the very beginning of the message and I have to start typing from the second character and hit backspace to get to the start position. This could be due to my sausage sized pinkies.
The screen is large enough to view high resolution videos and photos in good detail. Web pages are displayed in all their natural glory. The dual stereo speakers pump out a loud and clear enough sound. Anyone expecting Dolby Digital type audio should lower their expectations slightly as its unrealistic to assume that such a device can process that kind of audio detail. But it will suffice for video/music on the fly.
Battery life is fairly standard. Charging time from a flat battery is about 3 hours. I use mine mostly for bluetooth calls and occasional emails throughout the day and it lasts 2.5 days on one charge. Video and radio streaming via 4G will give you only half a day as expected.
The camera is fairly decent with only slight focusing issues in low light as evident in all camera phones.
The phone plays apps and games well. I've been running metal slug on it which gets chaotic screen action at times and theres no lag. The preloaded apps and ringtones don't add too much bloat to the memory.
The phone loses stars for a lack of memory expansion (fixed at 16GB with no memory slots) and a sealed battery unit. It seems that these manufacturers insist on locking you into their devices for as long as possible, but not too long that you won't need a new one when the battery is knackered in two years time.
One major issue I've had is with PC connectivity. For some reason I can't connect it via USB as it simply flickers between connected and unconnected several times a second. This may be a PC recognition or compatibility issue that I have yet to resolve. This highlights another issue I've had that I can't charge my phone using my PC USB connection as it simply doesn't put enough power into it even when the phone is off. Turning the phone on while connected to a PC USB when it is in low battery warning will yield an endless battle of pressing ok on the power saver option, which comes up every second it is connected rendering the phone useless.

So if you can tolerate the little niggles that you may get with this I'd say its an average smartphone. Its fast enough to do everything an average joe would need in a mini tablet device and it also makes phone calls.
VINE VOICEon 4 October 2013
I thought to knock it down to a 4-star, but for the time being it gets a 5 out of 5. I hope I will not have to edit this in say - a few months' time in regret. But so far - the Mini is good to go.

What I like about it is obvious, great build quality and functionality. The OS seems confident in giving the performance needed for a decent user experience. I don't think it's in need of a quad-core processor. I must add, the reason I went for the mini - is the size. I just can't bring myself to carry a hug-sized phone that reminds me of those huge Walkie Talkies the Yuppies' use to carry around in the 80s. To me a phone should be heard and not seen. Also, the transfer of old contacts from the old Nokia Phone - was a breeze: I was dreading it - but the Mini anticipates this and initiates a connection via Bluetooth to the old phone during setup.

The item I received seems the genuine article too: I've been reading the various customer reviews of each phone brand and I really felt a sickening dread at getting a refurb through the post from Amazon. Nothing like that happened, and now I can enjoy my phone. At least - thanks to Amazon's reviewers - I'm an informed buyer.

Few things that I dislike: the USB power socket on the phone itself. It's like HTC made the mini out of high quality design and engineering - but they've decided to give us the most flimsy looking-feeling USB charging port. I mean - are they hoping it will break - so that we buy another phone with the same power connection? The power connector is ever so weak looking - I'm sure it will suffer snapping with many users. The Camera isn't as I had expected, although that wasn't my priority. Ultrapixel may be the way to go; perhaps on the One it really shines, but on the Mini - I think it may not be as good. That said, the snap shots are great and as High-res as I'd like; the video in low light - was a bit disappointing - mainly because of the poor zoom distance; then again - it's a mobile phone not an SLR or an HD-Cam.(edit: the camera is really cruddy - don't buy this phone if you want great pictures!) Perhaps I'm expecting too much. The Network reception wasn't as good as the old Nokia - but then again - what's a bar-display on a screen really worth? So far the phone hasn't caused call-drops significantly; although I did have a call dropped that was a bit distorted. We'll have to see.

I would recommend it for anyone who does not expect a lot from a phone-camera and wants a smaller-size phone.

I have not mentioned the shorter battery life; a lot of reviewers have marked down the Mini for lower Battery charge specs. Still I have my phone on standby most of the time, and it lasted a full 24-hours - without heavy use with videos. Turning off the Bluetooth and Wireless network saves power. Still - it's now an accepted fact that with these Android phones - the battery is not going to give endless play time; the solution is to buy a mobile charger/power pack.
on 23 February 2014
Not much more can be said about this phone. Surprisingly good camera despite its pixel count (which was what I was most worried about), great sound with the 2 front facing speakers, so much more interesting to use than my last Nokia & my partner's iPhone5, speedy internet browsing, loads of available apps....just amazing.
on 21 February 2014
What a gorgeous phone. I am a cynical old so and so and don't believe most hype. So, I wasn't sure I had made the right purchase. I needn't have worried. This phone is quite simply brilliant and I would recommend to anyone. Never had a HTC before, but if this is the standard, then I'm hooked.
on 10 January 2014
I take an age to make a decision of buying a phone. After considering everything that is important to me the HTC came out as my top choice and I haven't been disappointed. The size and weight are good (although I wouldn't call it mini - smaller). Features are excellent, easy to use and so far no issues. Best of all was the transfer from my old phone (although that was also HTC).