5.0 out of 5 stars Charles
I could not put this book down. I bought this on Friday and had to finish it. It made me cry and think about my own complicated relationship. Excellent. I cannot wait for her next book that I have pre-ordered.
Published 21 months ago by Kimiwinks

3.0 out of 5 stars Review: 'First Sight' by Danielle Steel
Published 6 months ago by Jody - "A Spoonful of Hap...

3.0 out of 5 stars Review: 'First Sight' by Danielle Steel, 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: First Sight (Audio CD)
Timmie O'Neill is an incredibly successful fashion designer who has, after many years of dedication and hard work, managed to build a name for herself within the world of fashion. Her business empire is her life and she is used to travelling all over the world, from New York to Milan to Paris, spending every minute focused on her job. This means she doesn't have time for some romance in her life, but Timmy is fine with that. She has managed to leave her horrible past behind her and won't give up what she has achieved for just any man. Until she meets that particular man, a handsome Frenchman named Jean Charles, who suddenly makes her rethink her life decisions. But is Timmy really ready to trust someone with her heart?

I have to admit I had pretty high expectations when I started reading this novel, mainly because it was my first Danielle Steel book, an author of whom I had heard so many positive things. Maybe my expectations were a bit too high, because unfortunately the book didn't quite manage to live up to them. It took me some time to warm to the main character, Timmy. She's a strong and independent woman who has had to deal with quite a lot in her life. I admire those qualities in any person, but I personally got the feeling Timmy was almost a bit too perfect. I couldn't really relate to her in any way, which was a shame. As the story progressed, and the pace quickened, I started to enjoy it more and I was captivated by Timmy's story and wanted to know what would happen to her. The story was quite slow-paced, especially the first 100 pages or so, and contains a lot of descriptions and repetition and not that much dialogue, which I missed. I also would have liked it if more attention had been given to some of the secondary characters such as Jade, Timmy's assistant, instead of only focusing on Timmy's narrative.

I've read some other reviews of this book online, mainly from people who are familiar with Danielle Steel's work, and they all state this particular novel is not one of her best books. Because of this, I will certainly give one of her other novels a go in the future, in the hope I will enjoy it more than I did this one. Even though I didn't fall in love with this book, I think others who are looking for a romance read that doesn't require you to think that much could really enjoy this. Overall, 'At First Sight' is an enjoyable and trustworthy 'classic' romance read, but I have to admit it didn't quite live up to my personal expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Soooooo slow, 13 Aug. 2013
S Cowan "Sooz" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
Having read all of Danielle Steels books (and not convinced she's writes them all - considering the speed at which they are published) I have to say that this one is a long, drawn out, repetitious and in parts boring love story. Definitely not a page turner - but has a happy ending, if you can persevere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charles, 20 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars First sight, 31 July 2013
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
Lovely story the end result of the story was good couldn't put the book down.l love her books.when I start I have to read to the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
i thoroughly enjoyed this book and have just finished it only got the other week for my kindle could not put it down can't wait for her next book to be out to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 30 July 2013
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
Love reading this book. Excellent read easy to get into. Couldn't put it down. Would recommend to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars first sight, 27 Sept. 2014
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
Another great book by Danielle Steel. Really enjoyed this book. One not to be missed. Would definately recommend it. The story was good, you felt that you did not want to put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story - frustratingly written, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
I love Danielle Steele and I've read most of her books. They are always real page-turners, with the right balance of elements. This one, however was rather different. It was still a page-turner as the story was of the usual calibre but it didn't read well - it was irritatingly repetitive, even across one page. To begin with, I though it was an editing problem as almost every point was repeated several times. It became so tedious that I skipped large chunks of text. It is definitely not Danielle Steele's usual style or standard. Ironically, the story was still quite gripping. It won't stop me reading another of hers, but if this her new style, it's not for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars they are so repetitive and boring, just too much description going on, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: First Sight (Kindle Edition)
I have really gone off Danielle Steel books, they are so repetitive and boring, just too much description going on, not enough dialogue, just not my cup of tea at all. I did finish it as I wanted to find out what the ending would be bit it felt very painful reading the book and not enjoyable at all. Unfortunately I think her last couple of books have been like that, they all have the same feel to them. It was extremely long and could have had at least 150 pages removed, pages that did not add to the story particularly just padded it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars danielle steel, 30 July 2013
This review is from: First Sight (Hardcover)
yet another grate book by danielle steel another one to the wifes collection and what a rivetting read by a fantastic novelist