5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Brave and Touching Book
Published on 2 July 2013 by ShyGal

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure
I am not sure about this book at all.

My number one question the whole way through was never answered.

Where on earth were her parents? Would any parent of a 14 year old girl let that child go half way across the world with a man nearly twice her age? They knew he was having sex with their child and did nothing? This just does not sit right with me...
Published 13 months ago by Sarah F

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Brave and Touching Book, 2 July 2013
This review is from: I Loved a Paedophile - The Seduction, Abduction and Liberation of a Life (Kindle Edition)
In this book, Dr. Lisa Turner recounts the seduction, abduction, relationship, and eventual liberation from a pedophile. The book is amazing because Dr. Turner has done so much work on herself (including fully educating herself) that she offers the reader first-hand visceral accounts of her experiences, along with psycho-analysis of what was happening at each point in the relationship. Reading this book, it becomes clear how a young girl could easily be seduced by, groomed, brain-washed, and controlled by an older man. The courage it took to liberate herself from this relationship is amazing. This true story is an inside look at how this process happens, for those who never knew, and for those who have never attempted to liberate themselves---whether they are out of the relationship or not. The fact that Dr. Turner had to dredge up all those old emotions to write this book is truly amazing. This book brought be to tears at points, and also to great joy. A worthy, worthy read from a courageous woman and author.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved a Paedophile, 28 Jun. 2013
A very powerful book. It is raw, honest and compelling. Not only does it give explicit information but clear messages about how easy it is for a child to be seduced by an adult. It also uncovers some bitter truths about how parents are sucked into believing all is well. Very honest and powerful in the way Lisa transformed her life. Too often young people are left severly damaged after such an experience but Lisa has shown there is a road to recovery and a way to take control of your own life. A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening and moving account, 3 Aug. 2014
N. SAUNDERS (Burgess Hill, England) - See all my reviews
I, like I suspect as many others did, became intrigued by the title of this book and so bought it. I'm pleased I did. And as I read it, I learnt how Lisa Turner became entangled in a relationship with her music teacher from the age of 12. He took her from her home in Australia to make her a virtual prisoner in his flat in London, only allowing her to leave it when attending school. Clearly suffering from low self-esteem, he manages to persuade her how if it wasn't for him there would be no other. She finally fights back and leaves the flat. A talented student, she enrolls in university, and makes a new life for herself. Still damaged, she seems to become a magnet to those who can smell her vulnerability and abuse her. But there comes hope. She goes on a journey to heal the damage done. She finds a partner to love on her terms. And above all, she manages to come through all this without dwelling in bitterness.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner!, 28 Jun. 2013
I bought this book not really knowing what to expect - but I'm glad I did!
Once I started reading it was really difficult to put down, intriguing to see into the life of how paedophiles think and also the psychological effect that it can have on their victims. What I did love about this book is that the author has come through the other side and offers a positive approach to how it made her a stronger and more resilient person today, encouraging others to do the same - it's quite empowering.
I'd definitely recommend this book to everyone, especially those who have found themselves in destructive relationships.
Well worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life, 15 July 2013
Because I went threw some think like that when I was a child but I learned to live with it but not let it hurt my life ever.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a highly disturbing read, raising the awareness ..., 19 Oct. 2014
This is a highly disturbing read, raising the awareness of not being complacent when it comes to the safety of our children. It raises the question of what needs to happen in that previous preadolescent time to make girls truly wary of predatory behaviour. It highlights the shocking ability of people to look the other way, rather than get involved. Which undoubtedly needs to change.
Whilst this book serves as a warning, it also serves as a message of hope for anyone who has gone through a similar experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nobody can understand how this can so easily happen over time, 9 July 2014
Having realised quite early that I had fallen into an abusive marriage and being able to walk away from this, I identified with a young girl and how she was groomed into that situation. Much of the language used was familiar to me. I was a strong powerful woman with my own business and staff I employed yet I found myself in a situation of becoming a victim of domestic abuse. Nobody can understand how this can so easily happen over time, unless you have walked this path. It is a terrible story. Read it and learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars I admire Lisa for her bravery in telling her story ..., 5 July 2014
I admire Lisa for her bravery in telling her story. This book will help others to move beyond victim mentality.

5.0 out of 5 stars disturbing and fascinating insight, 23 Dec. 2013
Christine M - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
As a child, Lisa was groomed and then abused by her male music teacher. She was to spend five years living with him, under his psychological control. We hear about paedophiles in the media, and how people in positions of power abuse that trust. Rarely do we get a sense of the full story behind the headlines. This is a frank and honest account about what happened to Lisa. It is also a story of hope, as Lisa has a happy life now with her husband.

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare case of the story of a victim who never sees herself as a victim. True surviver., 25 Nov. 2013
Janet Beckers (On the beach, just north of Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
Lisa I finally got the chance to read your incredible book "I loved a paedophile". Holy heck you were brave writing this. I LOVED your honesty and how, throughout the book, you never painted yourself as a victim. I found the second part of the book the hardest. Your description of the emotional blackmail and manipulation really disturbed me but I continued on because I knew there was light at the end of the tunnel. That was me reading it. How on Earth did you live it?
I LOVED the last section of the book where you shared your path to healing and your evolution spiritually. Like you, I have quite a scientific bent but am also very open to all spiritual modalities. I just like to understand them rather than accept everything because it is warm and fuzzy. I really appreciated how you explored all these areas with a scientist's mind and shared how and why different things worked for you. Total inspiration.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›