on 7 November 2013
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. Lisa was born to be an entertainer, but she has faced a lot of obstacles on the way to fulfilling her dreams, the biggest being her size. Big women just don't do the things that Lisa has done, or achieve the goals that she has achieved - well, they didn't until she came along. To say she is inspiring is an understatement. Life keeps knocking her down but she keeps on getting up, as this book proves again and again. I loved it.
on 7 November 2013
This is a fantastic read, from beginning to end, a real page turner. There are so many unexpected twists and turns to Lisa's life! She is incredibly open and honest about her disastrous love life and you find yourself cheering for her at the end when she triumphs on Strictly. She is an inspiration to all women, not only bigger women.
on 7 November 2013
This is a fun, interesting book, her life has been like a rollercoaster of ups and downs. I love the fact that Lisa is such a family-centred person. She is proper ‘salt of the earth’ - proud of her Northern roots, her family, her figure and her achievements, but honest about her personal failings and romantic disasters. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys autobiographies.

Mark
on 29 November 2013
I couldn't put the kindle down, I've always liked lisa but this read was brilliant into the truths about her life not all the rubbish you read about her in the newspapers,
on 17 November 2013
I've always loved Lisa Riley, because I'm a big girl myself, she oozes confidence and talent.
This book was so amazing, I laughed loads and cried a lot too, I loved every page.
on 29 November 2013
Really pleased I bought this,Lisa comes across as such a lovely lady,glad she KNOWS her mum is with he ,and I'm sure she will find Mr Right,lovely story.Joy Page Yorkshire
on 18 November 2013
Really enjoyed this book all the ups and downs of her life even a tear in my eye when her mum passed away
on 1 January 2014
Since I'm a fairly obsessive Strictly fan, this book was an obvious choice for my Christmas wish list. I picked it up on Boxing Day and finished it the next day, partly because it's a really easy read and partly because Lisa's story is just so engrossing. Never having been a soap fan, I knew nothing about Lisa Riley before Strictly, but I loved watching her in the series and again on tour and in Strictly Confidential.
I'm often bored by the 'early lives of celebrities' but Lisa's passion for the stage comes through from page one and kept me hooked as I read about how performing in her Gran's living room gave way to stage school and then the small screen. Lisa is honest about the highs and lows of being an unlikely celebrity. From her Mum's battle with cancer to the glory days of Strictly's sequined madness, her story is both touching and hilarious, and it was a toss up whether I shed more tears of laughter or sadness.
She's also not shy about drawing lessons from her experience: talent isn't enough without hard work; be proud of who you really are; always count your blessings. If you want a dose of the inspiration that kept viewers voting Lisa through the rounds of Strictly, this book is well worth a read.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2013
BEAUTY COMES FROM WITHIN AND LISA CERTAINLY IS THAT, LOVELY ON THE OUTSIDE AND BEAUTIFUL INSIDE, WHAT A STAR! LOVED THIS BOOK, A REAL NORTHERN GIRL,. FAME HASN'T TURNED HER INTO A LUVEY! EXCELLENT BOOK, GOOD LUCK.
on 22 January 2014
What a lovely story lisa tells it in her own unique way . Honest and lively read had me laughing and crying by the turn of a page . Shows the love that a mother and daughter has for one another . I would recommend this book to others and say being big should not stop you fulfilling your dreams embrace what ever comes your way no matter your size ! !
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse