5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice camera
The screen size of S4 Mini but much better camera due to a nice 16 mega pixel zoom lens with 10x zoom function. Note that the focus ring looking thing is meant for zooming only because it's a pocket camera. (Apps seem to be able to benefit from it too since it can be used to zoom web page view while using Chrome browser.)

Only con would be that it's a bit bulky...
Published 16 months ago by Sami Lehmuskoski

2.0 out of 5 stars So excited then so disappointed. .....
Disappointing phone, am usually a Samsung fan and have always loved the photos produced from my S3 and S4 however this camera sucks!
It bends horizons, the digital back round noise on dark or light photos is rampant. It only focuses when it feels like it. The zenon flash has stopped working after two months.
I dabble in hobby photography and own several DSLR...
Published 5 days ago by Miss J E Challenger

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice camera, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Samsung SM-C101 Galaxy S4 Zoom SIM-Free Smartphone - White (Electronics)

Only con would be that it's a bit bulky for a phone but I personally don't care since it's a good thing you can feel it being in your pocket. Maybe for some people that screen size is a con too but it's still bigger than what my HTC Desire (and HTC ChaCha) had.

Get it if you are tired of the mediocrity of a normal camera and like zooming in instead of cropping later. Get it if you've felt like carrying a separate camera in addition to your phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect photography smartphone!, 7 Aug. 2013
I've had this phone for a week (on an upgrade) and I absolutely love it! I take many photo's and I've always been into photography so I thought I would give it a try. Obviously it's no DSLR but the whole point is to have something that can truly match a p&S in one device and Samsung have delivered.
Based on many opinions (from people who have not actually used the phone or seen it in real life), and, other various review sites, I was really hesitant to go for it but I'm so glad I did so. There really is an exaggeration when it comes to reviews regarding its size and I was dreading what I'd find in the box. However, in my opinion it's just little thicker than other smartphones and I found it comfortable to use. Having come from a Nokia 808 and Samsung Note 2, I found this to be the perfect device for my needs and I don't how people expect a slim device from a 10x optical zoom lens with image stabilization?!
Obviously if taking photos is more than for just casual use, it will be a good buy. The quality of the photos were amazing for a smartphone and especially moving objects/people. The zoom lens only protrudes when using the camera, otherwise it neatly tucks itself away. The overall build quality though plastic is very sturdy. In my opinion better built than the S4.
It's chunky but comparable to phones from a few years ago. I can still easily put it in my pocket and it isn't an issue (very slight bulge + I don't wear skinny jeans type clothes) . I wouldn't recommend it to people with small hands (as is the case with Note 2) or those who want sleek smartphones.
The battery life is excellent and the photo's are better than my Sony p&S camera.
I frankly don't care how I look or what people think when I use it. Too much emphasis on some reviews regarding this when using it as a phone. When the first Samsung Note came out they said the same thing. I've seen people using their tablets as phones and I honestly don't care! Besides, when I've used it as a phone, most of the lens is covered when holding it as its quite short (similar to S4 Mini). I'm a big fan of convergence devices and the S4 Zoom is very convenient for my usage. I do recommend you try it in a shop first before you purchase as it still is a niche device.
I've knocked a star off as there is no 4G support. HSPA+ speeds are fast enough though. Although there is a proper & powerful flash, the usual led (lamp) flash is absent so there is no use of an led lamp during video recording in dark environments. Also, the processor is dual core not quad core which has not made any noticeable difference to me compared to my previous Note 2. The screen is decent along with the many functions and features from Android. Overall a great product from Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 Aug. 2013
This has had mixed reviews on the web -some positive and others commenting on the average quality etc. I've owned several cameras and many of my reviews are here on Amazon. Firstly I am using this device as a camera - no it hasn't got the 21 times zoom of the galaxy GC100 but the quality is better than that camera. Macro shots I have taken are just incredible and how anyone can complain about the poor quality of this camera to my mind either is comparing it to a DSLR or a Leica X2. The ability to upload via wi fi or if you are using the phone side via e mail is superb. I use Nikon Space rather than Dropbox - I just find it easier. There is a whole host of controls on the camera side too - more than enough for most normal people who want to take high quality snapshots -- notice I am not including the pros who do photography for a living - they have their DSLR or Leica --this camera/phone is for the average person who likes to carry a small pocketable camera for quick high quality snaps. The phone side is basically a Samsung S4 MINI -- It's great --again don't listen to those who compare it to the larger Samsung S4 --this thing rocks -plus the camera with its 10 times optical zoom runs rings around the S4--I've compared real life shots. Bottom line --this is an amazing piece of kit -yes expensive but prices will come down in time -you are getting 2 in 1 devices --A Camera with zoom and wi fi plus a Quality Mobile Phone that fits into your pocket. Thoroughly recommended -after using one and comparing it to many different cameras and mobiles.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Smartphone that saves taking a separate camera on holiday, 11 Feb. 2014
As a phone, it's a standard Samsung that does what it says on the tin. As a camera too, it excels; an impressive zoom and good controls allowing the more expert user (read: "my other camera's a DSLR") to override the presets. Combine the two and you save taking up space in a suitcase if travelling or in a bag if on a day out. You can also upload your photos directly to Flickr at the nearest wifi hotspot, saving time and SD-card space.

Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Camera/Phone, 5 Oct. 2013
Amazon Customer (Quin Co.Clare Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought this firstly for the camera and optical zoom and the way it instantly uploads photos onto G+ and dropbox. And I have to say I have not been disappointed. I also own a Samsung GX10 SLR, and the Zoom takes just as good shots in auto as the GX10, Its also has great operation modes, and can takes good photos in low light, and if your into photography then you can switch to expert mode where you can control exposure and aperture settings. It wont replace my SLR, but I'll take more shots with it as it can easily fit in my pocket, and its also a smart phone. It has better features than my Galaxy S3 phone but the screen is smaller, it works for me as I have two phones, one for work.
Overall I think its a very product, but its more of a very good smart compact camera than a smartphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart phone? it's a camera with space for a sim card, excellent, just what I wanted, 3 Jan. 2015
Well, what can I say! not being an avid mobile phone user but keen photographer it was always a toss up to which device I would take out and about with me, I'm a biker, so safety always comes first and the amount of callouts to breakdown services on my old bike made the phone a must. I like to travel light so one pocket of my leather cruiser jacket for wallet, visor wipes etc, the other for the mobile left no room for a decent camera. I got some photos off my old mobile but as I said I am a keen photographer so was never satisfied with the quality from that. I told my husband that I was looking for a new camera with a space for a sim card, hoping that someday, someone would come up with one, lo and behold, he did a bit of sniffing around the internet and informed me that someone or should I say Samsung did. He actually bought me a sim free one off Amazon for my Christmas.

I'm well impressed with the quality of the pics from this camera/phone but still yet to make a call, as I said not an avid mobile phone user. I have to admit I have used it for messaging, generally just to let a few people know my new number, because I got a new sim too, and for a wee bit of surfing and downloaded a few apps to make use of wifi for VoiP calls etc as I have a total broadband package which allows me to connect to wifi from nearly anywhere, I downloaded BT's Talk which allows my mobile to act as a second home phone either at home or out and about with wifi access. I like the idea of free messaging and international calls so downloaded Viber for this and of course Facebook, and a few games, including Candy Crush and Farm Heroes, not forgetting Kindle for android so I have something to read if I ever have to wait for breakdown services again!! There were more than a few apps pre installed that I haven't got round to mastering and I still haven't worked out how to change the ringtone, not that I have even heard it yet.

The screen is a decent size, but I find it a bit sensitive to touch, maybe that will improve with time as I learn to use it properly! It is a bit bulky compared to other phones and the protruding lens on the back makes me feel the need to rest it on the screen side so a screen protector is a must, as is a cover. The one thing missing from the box I feel is a wrist strap, okay so that is the photographer in me, I teach in further education and the first lesson my students get when I'm teaching photography is to use the strap so as not to drop the camera, yes this is a smart phone but it is still more camera than phone to me so the strap is a must!

I haven't had it long, just about a week, haven't been out on the bike yet (It is the middle of winter) but it has gone everywhere with me, my old phone sat in a drawer most of the time, maybe that will change when the novelty were off or maybe I have at last been sucked into the world of smart phones, who knows.

I've still got a lot of learning to do, my last phone was an original windows phone, slow, cumbersome, 2G with a qwerty keyboard and tiny screen with a 2mp camera (with no flash) and 2 gig of storage, this one 16mp camera, with 8 gig of storage and a 4.3 inch touch screen, I even thought that would be the downfall, not enough space to save photos, but they all upload to space provided by samsung so you keep them in the cloud, in my case also to BT's cloud and Dropbox so I have more than one backup :) freeing up what is left of the 8gb space to keep some photos and music on hand for those times when I don't have access to wifi and don't want to use up my 3g data allowance.

Between my old phone and the new one, there is no comparison, so why am I writing this, what can I contribute?..... lets just say in my opinion the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom is the best point and shoot camera I have ever used and believe me I have used a lot..... this one has the added benefit of having a space for a sim card and allows me to access the world wide web not to mention that it does fit in my leathers, so I no longer need to choose between phone and decent camera when out for a ride on my Harley.

5.0 out of 5 stars as I like to call it i was stunned, 9 Dec. 2014
I always wanted to have a camera available wherever I was. Though carrying one with me was a bit awkward. When I saw this mobile, or rather the camera with a mobile, as I like to call it i was stunned. I quickly made some online search to see what info I could find. People didn't give it a very high rating, though after I thought about it, I decided to purchase it all the same. I have had it for over a month and I now decided to write. It's a fantastic camera for it's price together with a bonus mobile function and service. It has all the applications of a regular mobile, most of which I'm sure few of us use. Though I can say that it is a great product all round. The only little thing I may say is that it's just that little much more bulkier than a regular mobile. Though the fact that I have a reasonably very good camera together with a mobile makes this an excellent gadget. I give it 5 stars and even more if it were possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars So excited then so disappointed. ....., 23 Jan. 2015
I dabble in hobby photography and own several DSLR cameras, bridge and compact. Dispute the great megapixal count this phone is stuck at about the level of my most basic compact camera.
On a positive note, the editing software is great but there are similar if not better editing apps to be downloaded onto an android phone.
I'm giving up after two months of usage due to arm fatigue (from the bulk of the phone), disappointing screen resolution (720p), aforementioned camera let down and rubbish laggy screen/processor. Life is too short to fight with a phone. Going to Sony Z3 :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone.., 18 Nov. 2013
Phone system which I believe is android, is nice and fluidly fast. Plays videos, games and all other applications such as facebook, youtube etc, exceptionally fast.

Heavy phone and quite clunky due to the camera on the back, I like this however as it makes it harder to lose, some might not though. Be careful with the camera though you drop it once whilst taking a picture and say goodbye to that camera ever working again unless you get it repaired. Got mine replaced:)

Camera is amazing quality, different settings to choose from based on your setting, "fireworks" "light trails" "night time" even had a food and waterfall setting on it which is surprising.

Picture quality is amazing, same goes for video, records in amazing quality 1080p at 30fps and 720p at 60fps.. really good videos its like being back there again.

great phone. reccomend

4.0 out of 5 stars nice phone but a bit bulky, 15 Oct. 2014
nice phone but a bit bulky,plus when received the seal on the box was broken so i didnt know wether to accept as it said on box do not accept if seal is broken.