I live in a warm country where we never get frost, not even in the winter peak.... luckily. Yet I still went for this style of winshield Sun protection for the summer.

The fact that this protection shield can be mounted on the outside of the windshield is what really sold me. I find it is so much easier to install than the interior folding traditional ones, and so much more effective.

The shield is held secured in place well (with very little chance of anyone stealing it) thanks to the front car doors locking the shield firmly in place.

I highly recommend the AA Frost and Sun protection due to its practicality, high quality and ease of use.
on 17 January 2015
Searched for something similar for quite a while and could not really find anything I was interested in.
Found this and eventually found someone who could supply. Most places were out of stock.
I had checked a few reviews before buying and many referred to it being a bit narrow. ie would not cover the screen fully.
They are not wrong. However it covers 95% of my window screen. (Polo) and I am more than happy with that.
Remove it from the car, take it indoors, give it a quick wipe down leave it spread out and it dries within 20 mins.
Personally I would not leave it in the car for the day to dry as you are likely to get condensation problems within the car.
Delivery was excellent.
on 27 July 2014
I bought this for my Ford S-Max and it is far too small. It is not wide enough to reach the doors, so it cannot be secured, and it only covers about half of the height of the windscreen. I realise the S-Max has a large screen, but this comes nowhere near fitting it.

I have now tried it on my wife's Ford Fiesta. It reaches the doors, so can be secured, but it falls a long way short of covering the height of this windscreen, leaving a fairly large strip of windscreen not protected.

So, it is fairly useless for both cars, and if it is not large enough for a Ford Fiesta I doubt if it will fit many cars properly.

It would help if the dimensions were available - they were not on either the Amazon site or the AA web site when I purchased. I bought it on the basis of other reviews and comments about it fitting most cars, which was a mistake! I am going back to carrying an old bed sheet in the boot and putting that across the windscreen when I park the car in the sun. It is a fairly effective and cheap solution, and a sheet is easier to store away than this thing.
on 6 August 2014
Good materials and construction, I only give it 3 stars as this one is too short for the Toyota Auris Touring Sports 1.4, it doesn't fiil the windscreen completly.
on 11 December 2014
I have a 2002 Nissan Micra and this fits well onto the windscreen. I've found it more effective for preventing frost than stopping the heat getting into my car.

Unfortunately I've lost one of the suction caps it came with but I'm still able to secure the sheet by tucking it under the sun visors inside or closing the flaps in the car door if I'm using it on the outside.
on 4 January 2014
This arrived on time & in good condition. It can be used in summer to reflect sun and winter to prevent frost. Easy to use, folds small for storage.
on 20 January 2016
This works a treat, when you have the suction cups in the box. I bought two for Xmas presents and gave one to my son and one to my brother. My brother says it's been great as it's virtually impossible to steal and easily folds and goes in the boot.

My son couldn't fit his and we discovered the suction cups were missing so he hasn't been able to use his at all :-(
on 28 January 2016
I bought this to fit to a BMW Z4 over the frosty period. It does fit - but only just - and a Z4 is not a big car! In fact the suckers that come with it to secure it to the internal window won't reach so I just shut the material in the car door which holds it in place. When used there was no ice on the windscreen after removal.
on 7 March 2015
Slightly too large for the windscreen on a Corsa and having to shut the metal in the door. Did not come with any suction cups therefore often frost builds up under the cover if it is not 100% flat to the windscreen.
on 29 December 2015
This might as well be made out of crepe paper. This is terribly flimsy and has already been consigned to the bin. It rips very easily. My volvo doesn't have a big windscreen but this barely covers half of it.