on 1 July 2009
This is an amazing book that has helped relieve my anxiety and help me to concentrate far more at work. It is a great alternative to taking meds and atleast this method does not have negative side effects. The process is simple really, avoid sugar, eat more protein rich food and eat good carb sources with med/low GI. The book also explains in great detail about all worthy supplements for your specific moods as well as how each neurotransmitter works in the brain. Also included are some great recipe ideas. I cannot recommend this book enough!
on 8 January 2012
I am so impressed with the wealth of knowledge in this book, it's like someone has finally thrown me a life line. I instantly bought a copy for my best friend & would highly recommend it to anyone. I'm diagnosed with OCD, ADHD & Bipolar & I'm 44.

I've been taking most of the supplements & minerals suggested, plus cut out all caffeine & artificial sweeteners & generally been following the food guide & my OCD has virtually ceased. I was skin-picking so seriously it was making my life a misery. I was also becoming more & more stressed over ridiculous things & losing my temper to the point it was scaring me. I feel so much more chilled out & happier - I'm amazed, especially over Christmas when I normally become very depressed.

I actually feel that I have a better future now because of the insight this book has offered me. If you are ready to help yourself, try it - you've everything to gain & nothing to lose! :)
on 30 July 2013
All good tips and knowledge, but you can become obsessed with this as a cure for anxiety and it isnt as easy as just changing your diet !!
on 28 February 2013
I have read many books, this book is excellent.
I feel that the author is wise, everything said is relevant. I feel no one book has all the important info that an ordinary user needs, but this book had new information that i really appreciate.
on 14 June 2013
I was really excited about buying this book, but was disappointed with the content. There doesn't seem to be much depth to it, and it keeps going off-track ie talking about things other than food. Wish I hadn't bought it really.
on 16 February 2013
Got this for my daughter after she'd seen it in her library, and read bits out to me.
Excellent book - excellent price.
We'll both be using it for reference and would recommend it!
on 18 February 2012
From a first glance, I can see this book is going to be very useful and make an interesting read. I have had a flick through and so far, I like what I read. I am keen to help improve my mood since I have Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar, and Recurrent Depression but I am opting to no longer use medications to control my moods. I bought this as recommended by someone involved in my care since I wanted to try using the food and supplement root to help control my illness!
on 14 May 2015
Enjoying the book so far, easy for the novice to understand, informative information which I will research further. Such a shame that profitable drugs are given to so many, when simple nutrtional education and therapy as a first line recommendation would probly solve mental health issues for so many.
on 9 June 2014
Helped to motivate me to change my lifestyle. Amazing in conjunction with other reads that compliment. Successful recovery life changing over the year
on 14 January 2015
My belief is that Food before drugs and this book is a good place to start.